GetLocalPlayer + SetUnitVertexColor = desync?

Sevion

The DIY Ninja
Reaction score
No. But just to be sure, test it.

It's visuals so I don't think it should.

Renendaru

(Evol)ution is nothing without love.
Reaction score
Only messing with handles desyncs, except for locally hiding units. (Though if a locally hidden unit does not effect any unit while hidden it is fine.)

Bribe

vJass errors are legion
Reaction score
Anything interactive causes desyncs, though you'd be surprised what does and what doesn't constitute a desync.

Visuals are usually safe. I think you can get away with creating terraindeformations and weather effects. Texttags are definitely safe. The reason these ones are safe is because they have their own delegated handle stack so handles that actually affect gameplay don't get corrupted.

Jesus4Lyf

Good Idea™
Reaction score
I think you can get away with creating terraindeformations
Ah, watch out if you use a physics system with these...
Actually, [LJASS]GetLocationZ[/LJASS] being used to move a unit by an amount can desynch just because natural terrain deformations are apparently unsynchronised (ie. a unit casts shockwave through a bunch of particles controlled by a physics engine, can desynch, apparently).

It is definitely safe to set a unit's vertex colouring to different values for each player. I don't know about calling it for one player, however. :)

Troll-Brain

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Jesus4Lyf said:
Actually, GetLocationZ being used to move a unit by an amount can desynch just because natural terrain deformations are apparently unsynchronised (ie. a unit casts shockwave through a bunch of particles controlled by a physics engine, can desynch, apparently).
One day i tested with the lowest wc3 graphic configuration ever possible together with someone else with the highest.
And we had the same results comparing to our screenshots (R2SW(GetLocationZ...,10,10)).

I tested with different locations and an edited earth quake spell which was applied in the whole map (big radius).

But maybe it's not the same with a crap host and many players.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.