Getting My First Tattoo

Andrewgosu

The Silent Pandaren Helper
Reaction score
Well, I have been thinking about getting one for a really long period and I think the time is ripe to get it done. I am planning getting a superman logo tattooed on my shoulder. It wouldn't be very large, around 3-4cm in width. It would be in colour, not black&gray. The more I think about it, the more I want to get it done. I know the tatoo will be quite permanent, but I've put a lot thinking time into this decision, and made my mind.

Anyway, I'll keep you updated and possibly post some pictures soon. Also, it would be great if you all tattoo owners would post feedback, impressions or pictures of your own tattoos.

Andrewgosu

UndeadDragon

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Sounds awesome :thup:

We need pictures when it is done. :)

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I was never a fan of coloured tattoos.
Black ones look awesome though. :p

...That's my opinion.

> We need pictures when it is done.
Seconded. :D

Andrewgosu

Reaction score
I thought about black&gray but I see them fitting for large and detailed pictures, like portraits, which I don't like anyway.

Though yes, I don't like the way how blue or green fade, to gray or something.

Ozzdog

Hopeless Toby Driver fan boy
Reaction score
I always wanted to get a moustache tattood on...

That would be so badazz. Or maybe tits on my back.

Varine

And as the moon rises, we shall prepare for war
Reaction score
Get a hena first to see if you like it. Otherwise you get drunk and decide you don't like one and try and give yourself a tattoo over it with a black marker.

ElderKingpin

Post in the anime section, or die.
Reaction score
personally, i would advise against getting a tattoo. But feel free to post pictures of your tattoo :O

Andrewgosu

Reaction score
Any reason as to why superman logo?

It reminds me that I can achieve anything as long as I put effort into it.

Tits on your back? :confused:

Well, the superman logo is classic, not something like your lover's name or a religious symbol which might get you in trouble.

:p

Dr.Jack

That's Cap'n to you!
Reaction score
I never got people that do tattoos... I have multiple Piercings but they are not Permanent.... They idea of having a permanent picture on my body is just...

What if you'll regret it in 5 years? 10? 20? 50? Can it possibly benefit you now as much as it can cause you to regret? And even if I did tattoo I would personally go for something personal and meaningful, Superman logo just seems... I don't know.

I don't want to depress you or anything. You know best what is good for you! Just be sure you think it through.

sqrage

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
I never got people that do tattoos... I have multiple Piercings but they are not Permanent.... They idea of having a permanent picture on my body is just...

What if you'll regret it in 5 years? 10? 20? 50? Can it possibly benefit you now as much as it can cause you to regret? And even if I did tattoo I would personally go for something personal and meaningful, Superman logo just seems... I don't know.

Meh honestly, regret is one of the stupidest things in existence. Why would you over think it so much? What's done is done, there's no reason to regret it because that will just eat you alive. Live with it and learn to love it the way you once did and you will be fine.

I honestly don't regret anything I've ever done and I definitely wont be regretting any tattoos I'll be getting in the future. (Just remembered I'm 18 now so I'll be getting one soon! :D)

And I don't like the idea of a Superman logo too much, but that's just me personally, if it appeals to you, it's fine cuz it's your skin and you're wearing it.

Extremedesyr

Reaction score
This is probably extravagant televison'***shit, but isnt it proven that 80% of all people that got tatoos during their 15-25th age or something regret it later? in that case i'd really think it over again.

sqrage

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
This is probably extravagant televison'***shit, but isnt it proven that 80% of all people that got tatoos during their 15-25th age or something regret it later? in that case i'd really think it over again.

80% of people are also weak minded idiots who don't think things through. If you know you're not one of them then why not get a tattoo?

Jimpy

The Invisible Observer
Reaction score
Andrewgosu, frankly a tattoo of the superman symbol is as cliche as someones name or a religious symbol.

However, your reasoning for it is not 'cause super man pwntatoes', which I think is a good thing.

Go for it, then when the flood gates are open to tattoo'ing up your whole body, I'll send you an image of me you can have on your back.

They can be taken out though :p. There's a surgical method that can do that.

Its a cosmetic surgery though which means it costs you.

Meh honestly, regret is one of the stupidest things in existence. Why would you over think it so much? What's done is done, there's no reason to regret it because that will just eat you alive. Live with it and learn to love it the way you once did and you will be fine.

You may not have personal reason to regret it, but people may very well treat you differently for having a tattoo, especially if its typically deemed 'silly'. Which would make regret more then validated.

Most likely, but I don't think a television study was necessary to make that evident. :p

99.5% of people are also weak minded idiots who don't think things through. If you know you're not one of them then why not get a tattoo?

Going to raise an issue with that last line, how do you know you are not an idiot...? Very subjective. ;)

C-Death

I love you
Reaction score
if my camera were working, i'd post a picture of my tats. I have 3 tribal's on my back, one a snake, one a deer, and one a trinity (not really tribal...)

Tell you the same thing my parents told me, make sure it's really what you want. Other than that, go for it and good luck.

forgot to mention, the girl I'm going to propose to has spelled out H A T E across the 4 knuckles of her right hand, just above the actual knuckles. She regrets it, but it doesn't bother me any

ButcherBunny

Reaction score
>Well, the superman logo is classic, not something like your lover's name or a religious symbol which might get you in trouble.

If a skin head/mettal/punk/emo sees it and thinks that you are a soopa man fan, you will be in a world of trouble xD

FireCat

Oh Shi.. Don't wake the tiger!
Reaction score
You regret it later @Andrewgosu the tattoo looks really horrible and ugly
and If you really want it so, Why not a small "superman logo" LOL

DDRtists

ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ ɹǝdns
Reaction score
I'm not going to even consider a tattoo until I find out what line of work I'm going to be in. Best of luck to you though, tattoos are awesome...though I'm not a fan of a body full of tattoos. :D

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.