Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex

Miz

Administrator
Reaction score
ghost_in_the_shell_logo.jpg

History

One of the best Animes of all time. Ghost in the Shell was at first a Movie based of Masamune Shirow manga Ghost in the Shell (1995). It was such a big hit that the Matrix Trilogy was actually based of Ghost in the Shell. Soon it became another big hit when they created the anime: Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex

Authors: Masamune Shirow (Creator of the Manga and Anime), Mamoru Oshii's (Creator of the 1st and 2nd Film that was based off the manga)

Storyline

Stand Alone Complex tells the story of a special operations task-force called Public Security Section 9, or simply "Section 9". The series follows the exploits of Section 9's agents who range from ex-military to ex-police to even ex-mafia as they address each case and how it affects them on a personal level, eventually leading to the mysterious figure dubbed by the media as "The Laughing Man" and a terrorist group known as the "Individual Eleven"

Public Security Section 9 is an elite domestic anti-crime unit charged with the task of preemptive prevention of technology-related acts of terrorism and crime. Their duties include response to serious cyber crimes (i.e. cyberbrain hacking, cyber-terrorism), investigation of unlawful acts of those in public office and of high profile murder cases. From time to time they also serve as protection to foreign VIPs.

Character Guides
(Characters in bold are the Main Character)

Azuma
Batou
Daisuke Aramaki
Ishikawa
Motoko Kusanagi
Pazu
Proto
Saito
Togusa
Yano
Prime Minster Yoko Kayabuki

(Motoko Kusanagi AKA Major, Daisuke Aramaki AKA Chief)
(Links to Wikipedia)

Laughing Man
Laughing Man appered in SAC (Stand Along Complex) Ghost in the Shell Gig 1 (Season 1)

In the Ghost in the Shell series, Laughing Man proves to be the ultimate hacker, capable of such feats as hijacking multiple video streams simultaneously, taking over someone’s cybernetic brain entirely, or even editing his own images out of someone’s cybernetic eyes, and all in real time.
The Laughing Man logo is an animated image of a smiling figure wearing a cap, with circling text quoting a line from Salinger's novel The Catcher in the Rye, which reads: "I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those deaf-mutes."
The hacker's first appearance in the GITS: SAC storyline is six years before the anime starts, when he assaulted the head of Serano Genomics in public on February 3, 2024, hiding his face from eyewitnesses and cameras with his Laughing Man logo. The Laughing Man is such an expert that he can "steal eyes" of entire crowds, in real time — hacking their visual cyber-brain implants, either to make himself appear invisible or to hide his face with the cartoon logo. He can also alter memories, erasing all records of his existence. Many of those who indeed saw his face would only recall and refer to the stylized logo as depicted above.

Laughing Man Logo
laughingman.png

Individual Eleven
The organization of the Individual Eleven appered in the Ghost in the Shell: S.A.C. 2nd GiG (Season 2)

The Individual Eleven's motive for terror is an essay also entitled "The Individual Eleven", which is, in reality, a fake essay implanted with a computer virus that infects all who read it. It even infected Borma of Section 9. The virus seems to remain dormant up until a certain point, when it programs the person infected by it to commit suicide. However, it seems the virus itself does not cause the members of the Individual Eleven to commit the acts of terror, it is their own political views which cause them to do so.

Character Introduction
Hideo Kuze

Other Videos/Threads
Post #6

I am in no way saying I own Ghost in the Shell Franchise owned by Kenji Kamiyama; nor am taking credit for the work of Production I.G Studio, Bandai Entertainment and Animax.

All spoilers must be in Spoiler Tags

Miz

Administrator
Reaction score
Ghost in the Shell Openings
(Anime Intros Only; no Movies.)

Ghost in the Shell S.A.C. 1st Gig Opening
[YOUTUBE]f9uX6nt4g78&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]

Ghost in the Shell S.A.C. 2nd Gig Opening
[YOUTUBE]5cEN96e-frY&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]

Ninva

Анна Ахматова
Reaction score
Good job, I always wanted to check this anime out. I'll probably do something for my favorite anime, and then you could start a "anime guide" thread. :)

Miz

Administrator
Reaction score
Thank you XD
You should do one on Eureka seveN... I would do it but I already run 3 threads now :p
But really I never seen the original movie
I've only seen the entire anime and the 3 movie

Edit: Fixed the Laughing Man logo
BTW I do have a video on how the Matrix is based off Ghost in the Shell and for that matter Anime itself

Ninva

Анна Ахматова
Reaction score
Hey, that's a good idea. I'd do that and another anime, which I've dubbed my favorite.

Miz

Administrator
Reaction score
Found it!

A Matrix and Ghost in the Shell Comparison
[YOUTUBE]Y3tF7TL0Qh4[/YOUTUBE]

Watch it closely when they do the 2 screens you will see alot in common

As well as another video that is a comedy. I posted it in the humor zone maybe in September or something...

(MAD) Togusa Busted!
[YOUTUBE]JTWmk36tlDg[/YOUTUBE]

Edit:
Update - Ghost in the Shell Gig 1: Episode 3 - Android and I

A series of android suicides prompts Section 9 to investigate the manufacturer. While Section Head Daisuke Aramaki questions the plant manager, Kusanagi and a Tachikoma covertly hack into the plant's database to try to uncover any possible wrongdoings by the manufacturer.

mase

____ ___ ____ __
Reaction score
Lol, I used to watch this a couple years back, its pretty sweet.

nanometre

Reaction score
Oh, I'm glad you made this post! I totaly forgot to watch it even if it was on my list :D Can't wait to watch it ^^

R@i_no_Wyrm

Reaction score
Great. I love this one. Can you tell me out of the SAC and Innosence? I'm trying to complete my collection...

Miz

Administrator
Reaction score
I will be posting episodes from one of our members anime sites.

So if you still need episodes they will be up soon

R@i_no_Wyrm

Reaction score
Any idea to get the song only version? so i can hear it on cellphone. Hardly found 'em. I got a song titled reincarnation but it don't has the cold feelings of these series...

Miz

Administrator
Reaction score
Any idea to get the song only version? so i can hear it on cellphone. Hardly found 'em. I got a song titled reincarnation but it don't has the cold feelings of these series...

Which Song?
I do not have a place for music downloads but I am sure if you know the song name. Some Site will have it

R@i_no_Wyrm

Reaction score
Well, now im searching for inner universe, Living in a shell and rise. If there's more (like in the last 2 episode i haven't got the song name yet)

Miz

Administrator
Reaction score
Well I will try to find the name. But I can't help you get the song itself.

I know a few Ghost in the Shell Addicts to ask

Miz

Administrator
Reaction score
Rewatching 2nd Gig (2nd Season)
Its probably the season I didn't pay much attention to when I watched it. So this should be interesting.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.