• dummy1.jpg
    dummy1.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 179
  • dummy2.jpg
    dummy2.jpg
    16.2 KB · Views: 189

igor1222

Reaction score
I think the game treats the second model as Untextured and therefore will end up as a pink/black box. How did you texture the Grey one?

Sooda

Diversity enchants
Reaction score
As I see it, "broken" unit is caused by faulty importer script. Second guess would be unit UVW? Mapping needs redone. I'm lost here, how needs your end result look like?

PrisonLove

Hard Realist
Reaction score
You know, for an easy way to make a ghost unit, you can just set the unit's transparency with trigger and even attach a special effect to make it wispy looking, I've done this with units before. I make it somewhat transparent and add the banish effect to its chest. It may not be what you're looking to do, but it would make a good alternative.

Chocobo

White-Flower
Reaction score
>I think the game treats the second model as Untextured and therefore will end up as a pink/black box. How did you texture the Grey one?
for the grey one go in Model Editor and delete the texture needed by the model, you will see the model will appear like the 2nd screenshot

>As I see it, "broken" unit is caused by faulty importer script. Second guess would be unit UVW? Mapping needs redone. I'm lost here, how needs your end result look like?
result needed = 2nd screenshot (not usable by wc3)

>you can just set the unit's transparency with trigger and even attach a special effect to make it wispy looking
not the effect I search.

Sooda

Diversity enchants
Reaction score
It' s too advanced for me. On first picture mesh faces point outwards which makes model visible if you turn face normals to point opposite direction then only unit inside is visible. New skin with gray tones gives final touch to ghost appearance. Maybe texture needs replacing. I don't know any program which lets you modify existing mesh face normals.

ShadowBlade

Reaction score
Don't try using a screwed up skin. I tried with Illidan and it looks like two legs made out of stone and his two blades were grey... Everything else was invisible.
For ethereal models, there is a tutorial somewhere on TheHiveWorkshop...

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.