Ghost

DonMushroom

Reaction score
Hi :)

I have added the "Arm Magazine (Nuke)" to a ghost. Everything works as it should apart from the unit cannot move while the nuke is loading.

Is it possible to have a nuke arming on a unit while the unit is moving? :)

Kyuft

Reaction score
Hey DonMushroom,

This is really easy. Go to the "Stats:Flags" field in the Arm Magazine ability and check "Transient".

-Kyuft:shades:

DonMushroom

Reaction score
Hi Kyuf

That just seems to make the nuke train instantly. Is there a way to make it still take 60 seconds and have it research as the unit is moving? :)

Dave312

Censored for your safe viewing
Reaction score
The Transient property makes the order work in the background. So for example if a unit is moving and is issued an order to do something else, if the the Tranient property is checked, then the unit will do the new order and keep moving as it originally was. If the transient property was not checked, then the unit would stop to complete the new order.

In addition to doing what Kyuft said, you also need to give ghost the Queue (5) Passive ability. This ability is designed to work in the background meaning the unit can behave normally while the nuke is arming/training and it also shows the nuke loading process in the unit info panel.

As far as training the 60 seconds, I think that it may be a case of you thinking that it has completed when in actual fact, you just can't see it training. Adding the ability mentioned above will fix this.

DonMushroom

Reaction score
With the Queue (5) it has the progress bar and takes 60 seconds but cannon move.

As soon click the transient box it just does it instantly and i can launch a nuke. :(

Dave312

Censored for your safe viewing
Reaction score
You need to give the unit 'Queue (5) Passive' not 'Queue (5)'.

It seems that having a Queue ability that is Passive conflicts with the Transient flag on another ability. But it turns out that you don't need the transient flag so uncheck it and everything should work perfectly.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.