• Nope

Votes: 31 54.4%
  • Moo...... lol idk i was bored :D

Votes: 7 12.3%

• Total voters

Husky

Local Lurker
Reaction score
Frist of we exist in 4 diffrent ways Mentally, Physically, Spiratually, and Soul.

No such thing.

P.S: I believe in life on another planet. I'm not saying we or they will ever visit one another, but life definitely exists on another planet (from what i've heard: there is supposedly more galaxies in the universe than grains of sand on ever beach on earth, so of course there's another planet somewhere that hosts life).

P.P.S: And by the way, life doesn't always equal walking, talking beings. More like microscopic cells and bacteria.

~GaLs~

† Ғσſ ŧħə ѕαĸε Φƒ ~Ğ䣚~ †
Reaction score
For me, I would just believe in 2 things. A body as a cover, a soul as an operater.

I believe in everything do have a or even multiple soul, but depends on it will be moved, or not.

Most of the time, we can't see soul, but they are around.

BANANAMAN

Resident Star Battle Expert.
Reaction score
I've had an experience with ghosts once. At my old house. I mean freaky shit was happening all the time there. I guess the ghost encounter i had finally forced us to move 5 yrs ago. So yeah i kinda believe in ghosts. And no not in a million years will you find me a spot with reported paranormal activity not even if you pay me too. I was scarred for life after that ghostly experience. I know it was real. I mean srsly wires that float without any shadows? I'd get the fuck out of the room asap if i see that happening.

ertaboy356b

Old School Gamer
Reaction score
@BANANAMAN

Philippines is full of Ghosts and Monsters lol.. even here in Iloilo, we have ghosts..

Try Reading the Book, Philippines Ghost Stories.. hehe... Kinda scary..

sjakie

Cookie Be Awesome!
Reaction score
That is a truism, not a correction. If someone asserts something to be false, then they obviously don't believe it is true, do they?

Ok, my English isent good enough to understand what you just said....but...

What I ment to say was that I think its unapropriate to, about something mankind is not sure about to be even existing, say it simply doesnt exist.

Especialy in a thread that discusses this neverending struggle bitween existing and not existing, I think you should say you BELIEVE it doesnt exist, not simply that it does not exist. This thread is after all not about existing or not existing. Noone knows that. This thread is about: Do you believe they exist?

Reaction score
Ok, my English isent good enough to understand what you just said....but...

What I ment to say was that I think its unapropriate to, about something mankind is not sure about to be even existing, say it simply doesnt exist.

Especialy in a thread that discusses this neverending struggle bitween existing and not existing, I think you should say you BELIEVE it doesnt exist, not simply that it does not exist. This thread is after all not about existing or not existing. Noone knows that. This thread is about: Do you believe they exist?

Who decides what "mankind is not sure about"? The human species does not think or hold an opinion on things, only the individual humans.

There is absolutely no reason to preface your posts with fluff such as "I believe", "In my opinion" or "I think" when the act of posting already shows that you believe or think what you have written.

sjakie

Cookie Be Awesome!
Reaction score
Who decides what "mankind is not sure about"? The human species does not think or hold an opinion on things, only the individual humans.

There is absolutely no reason to preface your posts with fluff such as "I believe", "In my opinion" or "I think" when the act of posting already shows that you believe or think what you have written.

1:You know what I mean with mankind, stop bugging me:p You know that I mean that noone knows they do exist, noone knows they dont exist, and in that way whole mankind is unsure about them existing or not existing.

2: Sorry if it bugs you, its just my way of showing you all this is just my humble opinion.

Reaction score
1:You know what I mean with mankind, stop bugging me:p You know that I mean that noone knows they do exist, noone knows they dont exist, and in that way whole mankind is unsure about them existing or not existing.

2: Sorry if it bugs you, its just my way of showing you all this is just my humble opinion.

1. Since almost all knowledge is inductive, no one can be 100% certain that the sky is really blue or the earth is solid. What is the criteria for deciding when someone must be "humble" about something?

2. It doesn't bug me, it is just superfluous.

Bronxernijn

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
I really think you should say 'I think', or 'I believe' in front of your opinion. If you don't, you blow it up by a factor of [world pupolation].

Back to topic:

Yes and no. I believe in a thing like a spiritual world, but not in the thing the word 'ghost' most commonly refers to.

sjakie

Cookie Be Awesome!
Reaction score
1. Since almost all knowledge is inductive, no one can be 100% certain that the sky is really blue or the earth is solid. What is the criteria for deciding when someone must be "humble" about something?

2. It doesn't bug me, it is just superfluous.

1: Though ofcourse we're never 100% sure, I think we all agree the sky is blue. After all, we all see it, and most of the times, we see it blue. Ghosts though are kinda different. Some people claim to have seen them, some people think they are plain nonsens. That is why, when talking about ghosts, I prefer to keep myself in the "opinion" style rather than simply saying what I think.

2: Dont know what superfluous is, but you look smarter than me, so...riiight.....I gues it is.

EDIT: Sorry Bronx, didnt see your post on time, I'll stick to the true subject again from now on. I think we will need a mod to clean this, since we made it quite a mess.

Father_Yetti

Reaction score
First, sorry for my above post that had little to do with this thread. I should have put that in a PM. My apologies. :(

Moving along...
Nobody knows. This just seems logical to me.
@Father Yetti
But there is a high possibility that a lot of "genuine experiences" could be illusions. The person may believe it to be real, but it could be a prank or just a hallucination.

W/E,

The first possibility you mention is definitely something that I have considered and am sure has been the case at times. Although what I have experienced would be impossible to replicate unless you had a several million dollar budget. I have considered hallucination as well. Upon investigation, however, it becomes less viable and does not account for every situation. Hallucination as an explanation, for example; does not appeal to common logic as much as some would initially believe. This may be because one's brain is rationalizing and compartmentalizing something it finds conflictive with the cohesive view it has built on reality. We live in a very materialistic world. And we think very two dimensionally, hypothetically speaking, especially when given we as humans can calculate to the tenth dimension, and yet just the third is kicking our asses when it comes to comprehension.

Hallucinating a ghost is harder for me to believe could or would happen than actually seeing a real one is. Heres why: first, and unfortunately I'm afraid even the word "ghost" brings with it a certain amount of negative association and skepticism in many. These are already mythical in our minds both consciously as well as even if we do not have direct awareness we hold them as myth, come to a conclusion or done any real investigation. And wouldn't that be kind of be a weird hobby, to investigate ghosts? You've already been painted a picture as to what ghosts are - a myth, why hunt for the answers...you got Hollywood, wait f*** that you got WCIII and TheHelper.net. Life is good. Anyhow I thank Hollywood for this, whether true or not, for what it has formed of "ghost" in many peoples minds.

So where I am going with this, your gonna have to fill in a few blanks, but I know I am already losing readers, har har, is that if I'm going to hallucinate seeing a ghost; why not a pink polka dotted dragon instead? Or a giant neon-green super-soaker with legs and arms that shoots cheese-whiz? Why aren't so many, or any of these so called "genuine experiences" of encounters with the "muffin man" or the "crab people" from South Park. Why aren't there surmounting reports of seeing giant talking tacos that crap ice-cream? Get it? Why? It should make the average investigative mind wonder a little bit. Beyond Hollywood how do you think the original myths got started?...from genuine experiences.

C

Cryo

This reminds me of a theroy i had once: All facts are optional a fact is made when we all or most of us have the same option.

Btw you guys need to take life a little less serouisly and look at life in another way. Open your mind and leave logic. You get alot of insperation that way. Also logic used be used to make things make sence, don't confuse logic form facts. Facts are breakable.

WastedSavior

A day without sunshine is like, well, night.
Reaction score
These are already mythical in our minds both consciously as well as even if we do not have direct awareness we hold them as myth, come to a conclusion or done any real investigation.
This is not entirely true, Many advanced investigations have taken place since the conception of luxury, and not a single one has ever turned up conclusive evidence of the existence of the paranormal. Belief in ghosts is exactly that, a belief, like god, reincarnation and ascension. It's not something anyone can prove or disprove, but it can be rationalized quite well through psychology.

So where I am going with this, your gonna have to fill in a few blanks, but I know I am already losing readers, har har, is that if I'm going to hallucinate seeing a ghost; why not a pink polka dotted dragon instead? Or a giant neon-green super-soaker with legs and arms that shoots cheese-whiz? Why aren't so many, or any of these so called "genuine experiences" of encounters with the "muffin man" or the "crab people" from South Park. Why aren't there surmounting reports of seeing giant talking tacos that crap ice-cream? Get it?
You see a hanger in the night, you don't think "oh my god, talking taco!" you think shadowy figure. Hallucinations are rare, Illusions are on the other-hand, quite common. You associate something you see by what you know. If "flying talking tacos" was a common idea, then perhaps you'd associate the hanger with that instead of a ghostly figure in the night. But like you said; writers, actors, and directors paint the pictures we see in the dark.

Beyond Hollywood how do you think the original myths got started?...from genuine experiences.

I disagree with absolutely everything you've said, but this (right here) bothers me the most. How do you think the myth of vampires got started? or yeti's? yuan-ti's? big foot? Genuine experiences? What about books? Are all books truth? NO, absolutely not. The mind can fabricate an almost infinite magnitude of possibilities. Do you understand why we as a species are capable of invention and story telling? Because the human mind can fabricate something completely fictitious.

Father_Yetti

Reaction score
This is not entirely true, Many advanced investigations have taken place since the conception of luxury, and not a single one has ever turned up conclusive evidence of the existence of the paranormal. Belief in ghosts is exactly that, a belief, like god, reincarnation and ascension. It's not something anyone can prove or disprove, but it can be rationalized quite well through psychology.

Actually not all investigations have found nothing, there are some which have supported the evidence for the paranormal, are you just saying this? Also as for the part in bold...can you prove it? As well the status quo or even the current level of scientific analysis means little. This can all change. Also due just to the nature of paranormal activity its not something you can truly scrutinize under todays scientific methods. This is the ultimate fail in trying to disprove something that by definition is to be beyond ordinary. It is the paranormal we are talking about here. It is like making an argument from silence and arguments from silence can be dangerous. However in actuality this subject is not shrouded in silence. There is evidence to support it.

You see a hanger in the night, you don't think "oh my god, talking taco!" you think shadowy figure. Hallucinations are rare, Illusions are on the other-hand, quite common. You associate something you see by what you know. If "flying talking tacos" was a common idea, then perhaps you'd associate the hanger with that instead of a ghostly figure in the night. But like you said; writers, actors, and directors paint the pictures we see in the dark.

Okay this makes me laugh. I see a hanger in the night...I think I see a ghost...not at all, not even close. How does that even make sense? Don't get me wrong I see where you're going with this and your absolutely right about one part however and thats that we do associate what we see by what we know. This is obvious and being the case when I see a hanger, in the night or otherwise, I associate it with something I know - a HANGER! Also I think about a giant talking taco throughout my average day more often then I ponder upon a hanger, alas I have yet to mistake my wardrobe for one.

What you are doing by assuming you can account for apparently everyones encounters with the paranormal is coming up with explanations which you have allowed to appeal completely to yourself regardless of all possible explanations. Even those that appeal greatly to the evidence at hand. I am not disregarding these possibilities that you bring up as they can and may account for some experiences but I'll say it again - not all.

I disagree with absolutely everything you've said, but this (right here) bothers me the most. How do you think the myth of vampires got started? or yeti's? yuan-ti's? big foot? Genuine experiences? What about books? Are all books truth? NO, absolutely not. The mind can fabricate an almost infinite magnitude of possibilities. Do you understand why we as a species are capable of invention and story telling? Because the human mind can fabricate something completely fictitious.

Dragons for example I happen to believe originated from more than someone just making something up. I believe these things grow and are embellished, but have generic chords and roots with reality and at least a percentage of genuine encounters. Does that mean I think a dragon is as depicted by Hollywood? No, but that many of these things have roots. Let me give you an example. There is folk lore surrounding these little mara-like creatures that has existed for ages and across many cultures that haunt people in their sleep. The myth has it that they ride someone in their sleep to torment them in their dreams. This happened once to me and it scared the crud out of me. Now this happened to me before I had ever heard of this phenomenon. There was nothing in my mind to pre-wire such an association. It wasn't until after I had done some research that I discovered the lore surrounding this. This myth was not created out of thin air. It was based out of genuine experiences just like mine.

The most recent time I saw a ghost I can tell you for certain that it was not me associating something for something that was not. The circuits in my brain were firing telling me I was seeing a spirit because that's exactly what I was seeing. Also why do so many people assume you can only see ghost or have a genuine encounter at night? Again this is Hollywood and even your explanation makes room for the error that night would provide such a cloak for deception. It is easier to accept this explanation this way. What about at day time when I see a hanger in broad daylight? Do I think its a ghost? - and if I did, wouldn't I do a double take? - "oh shit that scared the hell out of me, oh wait its just a hanger" Like I said you could not replicate my experiences without a several million dollar budget. I know what I saw in broad daylight. I cannot tell you anymore plainly that I know what I saw.

Also as you mentioned hallucinations are rare, this is true, but there is one more thing that negates them as a possibility for explaining every encounter. This is that when the encounter is shared by more than one individual at the same time - as was mine. A hallucination is something that takes place in your mind by definition, although I believe there is much more to this, however this would make it nearly impossible for two or more people to experience the same hallucination of the same nature in the same location and at the same exact time.

Lastly my argument is not against the imagination of human kind and of course I understand our ability to use such a gift. I do not see this as a weakness though, but ultimately many things have their pros and cons. I see story telling and invention to be a great part of our humanity. One that is well rooted in reality and part of that reality being creations both of reality and the experiences of realities we have yet to fully comprehend. If your argument is trying to shed light on the fact that we cannot define a genuine reality due to this frailty then it loses ground as you are human and subject to the same dynamic. Of course we can make stuff up and tell stories, but has that ever negated what you believe to be true? The sword cuts both ways.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    The bots will show up as users online in the forum software but they do not show up in my stats tracking. I am sure there are bots in the stats but the way alot of the bots treat the site do not show up on the stats
  • Varine Varine:
    I want to build a filtration system for my 3d printer, and that shit is so much more complicated than I thought it would be
  • Varine Varine:
    Apparently ABS emits styrene particulates which can be like .2 micrometers, which idk if the VOC detectors I have can even catch that
  • Varine Varine:
    Anyway I need to get some of those sensors and two air pressure sensors installed before an after the filters, which I need to figure out how to calculate the necessary pressure for and I have yet to find anything that tells me how to actually do that, just the cfm ratings
  • Varine Varine:
    And then I have to set up an arduino board to read those sensors, which I also don't know very much about but I have a whole bunch of crash course things for that
  • Varine Varine:
    These sensors are also a lot more than I thought they would be. Like 5 to 10 each, idk why but I assumed they would be like 2 dollars
  • Varine Varine:
    Another issue I'm learning is that a lot of the air quality sensors don't work at very high ambient temperatures. I'm planning on heating this enclosure to like 60C or so, and that's the upper limit of their functionality
  • Varine Varine:
    Although I don't know if I need to actually actively heat it or just let the plate and hotend bring the ambient temp to whatever it will, but even then I need to figure out an exfiltration for hot air. I think I kind of know what to do but it's still fucking confusing
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Maybe you could find some of that information from AC tech - like how they detect freon and such
  • Varine Varine:
    That's mostly what I've been looking at
  • Varine Varine:
    I don't think I'm dealing with quite the same pressures though, at the very least its a significantly smaller system. For the time being I'm just going to put together a quick scrubby box though and hope it works good enough to not make my house toxic
  • Varine Varine:
    I mean I don't use this enough to pose any significant danger I don't think, but I would still rather not be throwing styrene all over the air
  • The Helper The Helper:
    New dessert added to recipes Southern Pecan Praline Cake https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-southern-pecan-praline-cake.193555/
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Another bot invasion 493 members online most of them bots that do not show up on stats
  • Varine Varine:
    I'm looking at a solid 378 guests, but 3 members. Of which two are me and VSNES. The third is unlisted, which makes me think its a ghost.
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Some members choose invisibility mode
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I bitch about Xenforo sometimes but it really is full featured you just have to really know what you are doing to get the most out of it.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    It is just not easy to fix styles and customize but it definitely can be done
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I do know this - xenforo dropped the ball by not keeping the vbulletin reputation comments as a feature. The loss of the Reputation comments data when we switched to Xenforo really was the death knell for the site when it came to all the users that left. I know I missed it so much and I got way less interested in the site when that feature was gone and I run the site.
  • Blackveiled Blackveiled:
    People love rep, lol
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    The recipe today is Sloppy Joe Casserole - one of my faves LOL https://www.thehelper.net/threads/sloppy-joe-casserole-with-manwich.193585/
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Decided to put up a healthier type recipe to mix it up - Honey Garlic Shrimp Stir-Fry https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-honey-garlic-shrimp-stir-fry.193595/
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Here is another comfort food favorite - Million Dollar Casserole - https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-million-dollar-casserole.193614/

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.