Model Giant Sand Worm

Newbwc3

Sephiroth_VII
Reaction score
Giant Sand Worm V1.2
A new model never before seen.Submitted to TheHelper before any other website.. Behold...Sandworm!:D
BY: Sephiroth_VII
aka Daniel Manion
aka Newbwc3​

Animations:
stand
walk
attack-1
attack-2
spell
morph
morph alternate
walk alternate
stand alternate
attack alternate
spell alternate
death
death alternate
decay

Attachment points:
weapon (Inside mouth)
origin
left hand (left antler)
right hand (right antler)

Abilities:
Burrow
- Digs underground and allows you to use different abilities, faster hit point regen.Devour- Consume an enemy and Digest it.
Hurl Boulder- Hurl a boulder at a enemy from a long distance.
Slam- Slam the ground, stunning enemys and hurting them.
EarthQuake- damages buildings within a area significantly.
Sand Breath- Spray sand from deep within the sandworm damaging Non-Buildings in an area.
Hardened Skin- provides extra armor.
Eat Tree- eat trees to gain health!
:rolleyes:Do NOT modify or redistribute this model in any way.:rolleyes:
Give credit in your map to Sephiroth_VII!!

Importation:
The easiest way to preview this model in action with all its abilities, sounds, and event objects.. is to download the test map I made. Which is really fun to play with.

The model needs custom WE settings, and triggers, for all them abilities and to have it dig underground. See readme in trigger comments. If you have problems with importing it, then PM me and tell me whats wrong with it, and give me your map, and I'll do it for you.
enjoy! S

Attachments

• GiantSandWorm Model V1.2.w3x
    178.6 KB · Views: 2,366
Last edited by a moderator:

vypur85

Hibernate
Reaction score
Cool model :). But the transition from standing to walking mode looks weird. Meaning when standing the head is up, then when walking the head suddenly blinks down, which quite annoying sometimes if the model moves around too much in short distance :p (just my opinion though).

Newbwc3

Sephiroth_VII
Reaction score
Yep, it does look weird but It looks cool standing up like that and its already like engraved in stone because so many animations are based off of that stand, attack, attack2, morph, ect.

If I could make it transition from stand to walk slower that would be good.. but that would probably take some fancy triggering that I dont know how to do.

If someone made a map where theres 8 players and one random player was selected to be the killer sandworm and kill the other seven players, it'd be cool.

Randor244

Reaction score
That's great, can't you make a kinda hell worm too (would need that in my map)?

If so you will get +rep...

Newbwc3

Sephiroth_VII
Reaction score
is the red bit along his middle a team colour? if so, it makes him look like an armor plated earthworm, the brown sections are too far apart in places imo and it makes it look weird. nice model otherwise

It is team color underbelly. I wanted to segment it because I thought it would look better.

Hatebreeder

So many apples
Reaction score
Well, 2 things:
1: Great Model
2: This "Dig" thing... I think you shouldn't make the Worm pop up, so you see a bit from it. And as for the walk animation, I think you should make the Worm walk upright, like in the Attack animation (Just move the Head and such =) )
And, I think you used the Blend and Normal Filter Mode wrong... Usually the Model shouldn't be transperant.

Other than that, this Model is realy sexy =)

Daskunk

SC2 Forum MVP - TheSkunk #386
Reaction score
  • You can see through his back, when he attacks and other stuff... I dont think that looks good at all.
  • He looks MUCH MUCH better at 0.5 or somthing, how he is normaly is way to big.
  • He should be ALL the way underground when burrowed..
Otherwise, great model!

Newbwc3

Sephiroth_VII
Reaction score
You can see through his back, when he attacks and other stuff... I dont think that looks good at all.
You mean see the red part when he attacks and stuff?

The red part of his body is supposed to be transparent, cause I thought it looked cool. And the armored scales are not see-thru

He looks MUCH MUCH better at 0.5 or somthing, how he is normaly is way to big.
I'll go see how it looks at a smaller size, but its supposed to be a giant sand worm.. Besides you can change that in WE.

Sim

Forum Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Are these abilities actual animations or simply abilities you decided to add in?

A model with a burrow animation, a stomp animation, a throw animation, and even more would be neat. :)

Newbwc3

Sephiroth_VII
Reaction score
These abilities are ones that I added in, that are highly recommended. BUT they are custom

Sandbreath- I took the breathofFire missile and edited it too look like sand best i could. Also uses trigger that hurts all units witin area of 500, 300 damage
Burrow/unburrow- morphs to underground form, uses morph and morph alternate animations
Devour- uses spell alternate animation
Eat Tree- uses spell alternate
Slam- uses attack alternate, and weapon attachment point
Earthquake- uses attack, and weapon attachment point
HurlBoulder- uses spell anim

A model with a burrow animation, a stomp animation, a throw animation, and even more would be neat.
it already does have that Spell is like a throwing motion or firebreath motion, stomp could be attack, and it already has a burrow animation (Morph).

Tinki3

Special Member
Reaction score
Fantastic model, well animated :)

Though...
"This is the test map so to figure out how to import it into your own map check out how its done on this map"
...is not a very good quality Read Me.

You'll need to update with proper instructions that are easy and useful to follow for approval.

The "SandBreath Area Damage" trigger leaks, you'll also need to fix that.

Ashcat

Hellooo
Reaction score
The model is really good, but the animations are iffy.

I think that the worm should have his head curved up while walking, like it is while he is standing. With his head down, I see the worm like crawling over units and waiting until they get to his midsection before attacking, it would look a lot better if the worm was always curled up like in his standing animation.

The morph animation is amazing, love it

I dont like how he is crawling when burrowed though, firstly because you can see the tops of his scales, and also because his entire body stays straight as he turns. I know it wouldnt really easy to do, but when I imagine a worm turning, i think of the body bending, like worm wars for example : / I think you should just make the whole burrow animation underground, and just make it look like a little mini dust storm above ground or something.

Daskunk

SC2 Forum MVP - TheSkunk #386
Reaction score
You mean see the red part when he attacks and stuff?
No. The scales..

And the armored scales are not see-thru
They aren see through, but there is holes inbetween the scales..

I'll go see how it looks at a smaller size, but its supposed to be a giant sand worm.. Besides you can change that in WE.
His animations dont look as good when he is so big. But try and change him to 0.20 or 0.30, he doesnt look right then. (Too much dust)

Newbwc3

Sephiroth_VII
Reaction score
"This is the test map so to figure out how to import it into your own map check out how its done on this map"
...is not a very good quality Read Me.
But the readme would be way to long to tell every value that has to be changed.

How bout I include a readme in the trigger comments like I already have and just say "copy and paste all the abilities and units into your map, and use the custom paths in the import manager"?

I'm convinced that I need to make it completely underground with dust storm above, and make it walk upright, for V1.1.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.