Sci/Tech Girls Make Higher Grades than Boys in All School Subjects, Analysis Finds

tom_mai78101

The Helper Connoisseur / Ex-MineCraft Host
Staff member
Reaction score
WASHINGTON — Despite the stereotype that boys do better in math and science, girls have made higher grades than boys throughout their school years for nearly a century, according to a new analysis published by the American Psychological Association.

“Although gender differences follow essentially stereotypical patterns on achievement tests in which boys typically score higher on math and science, females have the advantage on school grades regardless of the material,” said lead study author Daniel Voyer, PhD, of the University of New Brunswick, Fredericton, Canada. “School marks reflect learning in the larger social context of the classroom and require effort and persistence over long periods of time, whereas standardized tests assess basic or specialized academic abilities and aptitudes at one point in time without social influences.”

Based on research from 1914 through 2011 that spanned more than 30 countries, the study found the differences in grades between girls and boys were largest for language courses and smallest for math and science. The female advantage in school performance in math and science did not become apparent until junior or middle school, according to the study, published in the APA journal Psychological Bulletin®. The degree of gender difference in grades increased from elementary to middle school, but decreased between high school and college.

The researchers examined 369 samples from 308 studies, reflecting grades of 538,710 boys and 595,332 girls. Seventy percent of the samples consisted of students from the United States. Other countries or regions represented by more than one sample included Norway, Canada, Turkey, Germany, Taiwan, Malaysia, Israel, New Zealand, Australia, Sweden, Slovakia, United Kingdom, Africa and Finland. Countries represented by one sample included Belgium, Czech Republic, Estonia, Mexico, Hong Kong, India, Iran, Jordan, the Netherlands, Portugal, Saudi Arabia, Serbia and Slovenia.

Last edited by a moderator:

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah no shit. Those lame girls are studying like all day and are just too boring to actually do something fun.

tom_mai78101

Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah no shit. Those lame girls are studying like all day and are just too boring to actually do something fun.
But they are hawt...

It's like you dislike them (their geeky, nerdy, smart-looking) but you still like them (body, mind, soul, etc.).

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
They are neither smart nor nerdy, they are just too stupid to realize that school is a piece of shit and not studying is our way to rebel against the system.

tom_mai78101

Staff member
Reaction score
They are neither smart nor nerdy, they are just too stupid to realize that school is a piece of shit and not studying is our way to rebel against the system.
Felt sorry for the schools themselves, they are just buildings that get hated on for so many years. I would rather blame the system.

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
I blame everybody who is living in a system they dont agree to without trying to change it.

SouLEDGE

Damn you advanced calculus
Reaction score
That's why I loved my primary/high school years so much. I wrecked every girl's marks and I was the laziest fucker in school.
Guys just want to chill and play sports and shit, not sit still in a class for 6 hours, learning from a flawed system.

University on the other hand :/ ...

FireCat

Oh Shi.. Don't wake the tiger!
Reaction score
they are just too stupid to realize that school is a piece of shit and not studying is our way to rebel against the system.
So, it's stupid to focus more on education, career opportunities. Than playing games 24/7?

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
Did you actually read the sentence you have quoted or are you again saying random things out of the blue?

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
Theres no question. Just because you put a question mark after random words does not make for a question.

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
The article desnt say anything about smart or stupid, they say that girls score higher in schools.
(by the way, the new site update and my laptop really dont like each other. The site is INCREDIBLY slow here...)

tom_mai78101

Staff member
Reaction score
(by the way, the new site update and my laptop really dont like each other. The site is INCREDIBLY slow here...)

1. What browser are you using?
2. What OS are you using?
3. Laptop RAM?
4. Laptop Graphics Card?
5. Laptop CPU?

I'm suspecting that your laptop GPU is a discrete graphics card, and your browser doesn't support hardware acceleration for that particular graphics family. Hence, the site is slow for you. You can try enabling hardware acceleration if it was turned off before.

tom_mai78101

Staff member
Reaction score
You just made me feel stupid. :(
21bmcm1.jpg

Slapshot136

Divide et impera
Reaction score
I blame everybody who is living in a system they dont agree to without trying to change it.

unfortunately there are too many things I disagree with to try to change.. I can only be effective at any change on a few select topics

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.