Girls + WE?

Nenad

~Choco Coronet~ Omnomnom
Reaction score
Do you know any girls that make maps?
I was just wondering since ussualy when i see a girl on b.net they play quite well so i was wondering are there any that edit maps?

H

Heptameron

I'm sure there are, but then... take every person who fits into all of these categories:
  • Female.
  • Reveals above fact online.
  • Gamer.
  • Game modder.
  • Either maker of a popular map or active online.
Not exactly a huge group. :)

Nenad

~Choco Coronet~ Omnomnom
Reaction score
Yup but still when a girl plays a game its different.Maybe its becouse they care about all things that they have.
Personnaly i know bout 20 girls that play D2 LoD online.

Rinpun

Ex TH Member
Reaction score
I played with and against one 16-year old girl on Age of Mythology one night. She pwned my arse! :D

I think it's because women are either more into the game or...something. I just don't have the competitive gist to pay full attention to any strategy game I do and if one does not, one is creamed :D

(Best players use all of the hotkeys and basically zoom through their empires to address various issues. I just scroll and click)

w/e

Boaroceraptorasaurus-Rex
Reaction score
yeah, but i was too lazy to learn the hotkeys...

XXXconanXXX

Cocktails anyone?
Reaction score
Only girl I ever knew who played WC3 was Jacquinthe, the art designer of most of the skins, icons, and models for Tides of Blood.

She was ending college last time I saw her, and she was getting married as well.

Husky

Local Lurker
Reaction score
There are an remarkable amount of females that Play Diablo 2. I had like 5 female friends on it. I have a female friend that I play with on wc (not very often though).

I like it when girls play games, it shows that its not just all boys. Heck theres a Halo 2 Clan that girls only, apparently they're really good (kinda famousi-ish too, they played the Bungie team I think).

-Husky

DM Cross

You want to see a magic trick?
Reaction score
husky_003 said:
There are an remarkable amount of females that Play Diablo 2. I had like 5 female friends on it. I have a female friend that I play with on wc (not very often though).

I like it when girls play games, it shows that its not just all boys. Heck theres a Halo 2 Clan that girls only, apparently they're really good (kinda famousi-ish too, they played the Bungie team I think).

-Husky

1) One of my Ex's plays Diablo 2 and would kick my ass at it if I looked at her the wrong way on it :p
2) Yeah, it's cool to see girls/women playing games :cool: Always an easy way to meet people, too ;)

DM Cross

Reaction score
XXconanXXX said:
Jen plays WoW I believe.

I still want to know her realm/class/level/race! :D

Her husband deffinately plays, he had that age issue awhile back, remember, Con?

Didn't know she herself played, but I knew she knows a lot about it. She's related to Ryoko, after all.

... The poor girl :rolleyes:

S

Sheep_Quest

I dont know any girls that makes maps, but why do we think of it as any diffrent as when a male/boy makes a map?

we are all just people that likes to make maps.. ^^

1JadedJen

Send Lawyers, Guns and Money
Reaction score
Ya that Ryoko... LOL I play, but he is waaaay more hardcore into it than me. I just like to play, I don't get into making maps or clans or logging away what happened in last night's game :) I remember the first nintendo we got, we used to fight over who got to play when, buy Ryoko could sit there for hours on end at a time and I would get tired after an hour.

I played Diablo and pwned in Diablo 2. My husband always gets upset when we get a new game cause he will be like 10 levels ahead of me and then before he knows it I am way ahead of him and beaten the game. I liked warcraft 2 and my friend and I used to play Starcraft every night online, although we could never beat that class of crystal beings....I forget their name. I am currently a WoW addict (Hiii Jenniferrr) I play on Llane. I have several characters....a lvl 36 Tauren warrior, a lvl 23 Troll rogue, and a level 7 dwarf engineer. Most are named after favorite online cartoon characters LOLOL There's Trogdoor, Cabooze (redvblue) and Anastazia (no cartoon here) Although I myself am female :D I find playing male characters saves me a ton of hassle. I don't get guys constantly trying to get my real life number, and I find there's just more strait forward talk and strait forward runnin around and playing. I have met other girls in the game, but most seem to use flirting to get the guys to help them out, and I don't think that's cool...giving girls a bad rep. There are a few I have met that are pretty cool and do pull their own weight tho. And that's me and computer gaming, don't get me started on playstation tho :D I have lost many a good year to that as well LOL

SD_Ryoko

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Nenad said:
Yup but still when a girl plays a game its different.Maybe its becouse they care about all things that they have.
Thats a HILLARIOUS stereotype :)

Girls play D2 because they care about the items and things they get. Ha ha.

Oooh new boots new boots!

.... everyone who likes those games, cares about the items they get. Not just girls :)

Thats funny tho you said that.

DM Cross

Reaction score
Nenad, someone needs to beat you with a smart stick.

P

PwnThePanda

Has anyone seen the WoW ninja video. Its so funny. Theres a girl talking ans shes is like OMFG IM GOING TO KILL MY SELF!!!

Theres a proven fact that most female charecters (In wow) are played by men.

Sud

"[If life=Dota] I'd have quit long ago" -- Acehart
Reaction score
1. There are no girls on the internet
2. There are no women on the internet
3. In case of doubt, refer to #'s 1 and 2

Heeding these simple rules will prevent you some day trading naughty IMs with a fat balding middle aged guy named Larry

Kitt

Reaction score
Sud said:
1. There are no girls on the internet
2. There are no women on the internet
3. In case of doubt, refer to #'s 1 and 2

Heeding these simple rules will prevent you some day trading naughty IMs with a fat balding middle aged guy named Larry

Actually, those rules are quite untrue. A good ammount of people online are infact, women. The misconseption lies in the fact that only a very minimal amount of women play male orriented games, which happen to be the majority of games. It's sad, but most game devolpers aim there games at the 16-25 year old male group. This is further aided by the fact that, when a devolper tries to make a "female" game, they tend to make a sterotypically female game, which, is somehting only a few women will buy. The designers then see the game's poor sales as a sign that girls will simply refuse to play video games on a general basis. So, what you get, is the tech-savvy, 16-25 year old male group repeatedly making games for themselves, and re-enforcing the fact that video games are for men only who are, on a general basis, "nerdy" (A derogitory term for tech-savvy).

I could rant on for hours on this topic, but in general the video game market tends to market to itself. For anyone further interested, look into nintendo. As of lately, they have made their stand in the gaming market clear: To sell video games to other people than those already enthralled in them. I'm strongly hoping nintendo's ideoligy catches on with other game devolpers and we can bring more girls, as well as those outside the age category of 16-25, into the "gaming scene".

Well, thats just my two pence, anway.

Meow! Purrr...

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.