Give feedback on my terrain please

NoxMortus

All Along the Watchtower
Reaction score
Please give me feedback on this, how to make it better, good points, bad points etc.
- I've used Noise-Smooth , but it isnt very evident, perhaps i need to get a bit more creative with that.

Attachments

• terrain1.JPG
    terrain1.JPG
    74.7 KB · Views: 225

SD_Ryoko

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
I have some tips.

Cliff edges look nasty on water. two ways to beat this.

Make your river 3 units wider on both sides, and someone straight edges, then ramp them.

Or, flood that whole area, and use the raise / lower tool to make a smooth transition.

Gimme ten minutes to make, I'll post an example picture.

Plus....where is that waterfall comming from?!

NoxMortus

All Along the Watchtower
Reaction score
ok thanks, ill try to improve the river. The waterfall currently isnt coming from everywhere, this is just a 32x32 section, so when it is put into my map it will be coming from a lake :p

SD_Ryoko

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
OKAY! Heres my example. (sorry, it took 24 mins)

I flooded the area shallow water, then raised it all up with the raise tool.

Then used lower to sink it into the water real nice.

If you can't flood an area like that, use the ramping tools.

// Note

Now units can walk over the edges, into the water. If you don't like that, you can use a strip of larger pathing blockers to prevent that.

Attachments

• bridge.jpg
    bridge.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 183

BrokenX

Reaction score
Very nice actually. and using the lower or raise tool is good to help fix ramps because sometimes they look unrealistic they are all straight or they got lopes in between them and it looks ugly as hell you can go over it with that and it looks by far better.

Rad

Reaction score
Only use straight cliffs if the water is wide... for rivers and creeks do what they said. And yea add more trees but it looks nice, waterfall should be coming from a cave or something though...

Jindo

Self
Reaction score
woah :eek:!

that looks really good Nox, the angle makes it better :D!!

Are you entering that into the terrain contest?

~Jindo

Rad

Reaction score
One thing u can also do, on the left half of the bridge the side comes out of the ground which kind of looks bad, either sink it in the ground or raise the ground to hide thesides untill the cliff :)

T

Tom_Green

It looks ok, but as already said, more envormental doodads, and more trees. Personally, I like to make the trees a little larger that the default settings, because it gives the area a nice oversized fantasy look. Also, the ground is too flat. Making obvious, but not too overdone hills n valleys adds to the terrain as well. Sky and fog are also nice touches.

UnknowVector

I come from the net ... My format, Vector.
Reaction score
I like to make the trees a little larger that the default settings, because it gives the area a nice oversized fantasy look

AT LAST A BELIVER!!! MAYA-SIN-OWING-NAO-HA ! lol ok sorry im done btw thats a attemped quote from warcraft2s Church... lol

Yea the terrain needs more hills its realy flat. And it needs once more a few more trees, after all theres lots of water and no trees... if its supposed to be a field and therefore has no trees the grass should be taller i think theres a grass modle out there somewhere, or at lest the grain modle or something. Once more the waterfall. And take off the pathing from some rocks downsize them and put them in the creek for a more creekish look. Whats with the lillypads? They get washed away and dont grow in rivers because of the current. If you want lillypads put them in a lake. Once more yes the bridge is a little messed up looking oon both sides, make sure its equaly overlapping both river egeas and use ctrl. + page up/page down. Some flowers? And is that a path in the middle? Make it more path like if it is otherwise use the thick grass and normal grass along with dirt not just one of them. Catails grow IN water and and stags live in forests.

T

Tom_Green

???

What the heck is warcraft2s Church? Ive only played WC 2 for like 1 min, and it was on Playstation 1 lol.

Sargon

Reaction score
It's a building you can build. It lets you upgrade your Knights into Paladins, and research spells for them.

Myzteryz

It only does everything.
Reaction score
i didn't notice until now that the topic was started in April'
Jindo have you? becuz with ur question...

Nenad

~Choco Coronet~ Omnomnom
Reaction score
Very nice terrain it looks very very nice i like it a lot. With Ryoko's ramp thingys it looks very realistic nice work 5/5

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.