AoS Glacier of Champions [A DotA-like Map][Help is needed]

random.guy27

Reaction score
100427LongUnderline.jpg

Why Am I doing this?

• People suggest in the PlayDotA/PD forums because they want their suggestion to be played in a real DotA-like game. By the looks of things, those chances are pretty small, meaning implementation is nearly impossible.
• Because, I really want to put those good suggestions in the Suggestion forum of PlayDota to be in a real game and not just in a Test Map.

You could check the Hero Suggestions here
Just some foreword, many are suggesting there but I'm not saying everything there is great. But there are some Potential Heroes there that needs to be played in a real DotA game

If its hard for you to see potential heroes, here are some...
[INT-SENT] Verus Consilium, White Sage
[INT-NEU] Bran&Yorg, the Mortar team
[AGI-SENT]Tiermes, the Storm Rider

100427LongUnderline.jpg

The Things I need right now/I need some Recruits

• Programmers/Map Makers
• "Potential Hero" Picker/Chooser
• Hero Suggestions *Note: Heroes should be complete. Look at the Hero section for more info.
• Terrain Maker *For this I need an Snowy Terrain because it is "GLACIER of Champions"
• "Loading Screen" Maker

I'll be the one responsible for the Items and some Heroes Sugestions.
You could use this Template for Hero Suggestion.

If you want to join, help, and/or support me in this project, just Post it here or PM me.

100427LongUnderline.jpg

General Information

• Every player will control one hero and make this hero more powerful as the game goes on.
• Every player will kill enemies to increase their hero's level.
• Each hero has the capability to gain new abilities and make their current abilities stronger and better.
• They are allowed buy items for their heroes to increase the power of the hero, provided that they have the proper amount of gold
• All players are divided into two teams, The Noble and The Tainted, each team will contain five players.
• In order for a team to win, the team will have to destroy the opposing team's main building, but it will take some battle to get to it. The main building is protected by strong guard towers and enemy units will always be there to defend it.

100427LongUnderline.jpg

Some Information about the Map

• All players are divided into two teams/factions, The Noble and The Tainted, each team will contain five (5) players
• Each Faction will have their own Main Building
180px-Castle-red.jpg
81px-NecropolisWCIII.gif
I need a model of a Black Citadel, but the model I found was only a Necropolis

• Every Hero has three (3) attributes that usually define his or her role in the game. These are Intelligence (INT), Agility (AGI) and Strength(STR)
• Every Hero has a "main" attribute on which their damage is based. Each point in their main attribute adds 1 point of damage.
• Each hero will have four (4) abilities and one (1) Attribute Bonus ability.
•• Three (3) of those abilities are basic abilities that could be upgraded up to level four (4).
•• One (1) of those abilities is the Ultimate ability that could be upgraded up to level three (3)
• Every time a nearby enemy unit has been killed, all allied heroes within the vicinity will get the exp. and divided to them accordingly

• Items and Shop are there to make use of those Gold the Heroes are gaining and for them to get stronger as the game goes on
• Items are sub-divided into two (2) The Basic items and the Upgrade Items
•• The Basic items are, well, Basic items. You can buy them at will.
•• The Upgrade Items, on the other hand, are items that will need the combination of different items, Basic or Upgrade, and a Recipe in order to complete the item with much more use

Lanes
• Of course the presence of the lanes are here. We will have the Bottom Lane, Top Lane and the Middle Lane.

Creeps
• Every 30 seconds, a creep wave will spawn, siege creeps(The Mechanical unit) will spawn every 7th wave
• Initially, a creep wave will consist of 3 melee creeps, 1 ranged creep, and 1 siege creep (only every 7th wave)
•• At 999, 1999, and 2999 seconds from map initialization, one additional melee unit will begin to spawn.
•• At 2699 seconds from map initialization, one additional ranged unit and siege unit will begin to spawn.
Footman.gif
Sorceress.gif
Siegeengine.gif
Ghoul.gif
character.gif
Meatwagon.gif

Towers
• The role of the Towers is to protect the Base and Main Building from invading opponents
• Each faction has a total of 11 towers, on each lane there are 3 towers that get stronger as you advance.
• Each tower is invulnerable, meaning won't be affected by damage and negative effects, until you destroy the one that’s before it
• Two (2) towers are located next to the Main Building. They must be destroyed in order to remove the invulnerability of the main building. And in addition, those two (2) towers are different cosmetically when compared to the other towers.
Guard_Tower.jpg
The Regular Towers
Arcane_Tower.jpg
The Towers guarding the Main Building

Spirit_Tower.gif
The Regular Towers
Nerubian_Tower.gif
The Towers guarding the Main Building

Healing Wells
• The Healing Wells are located in the respawn area on each side, they were made to provide a “safe” spot on the map, and to provide with some regeneration to speed up the flow of the game.
• The Healing Wells also provide a "safe spot" because they deal 190-199 physical damage to enemies within 800 range
• Any allied unit within its reach regenerates their HP and Mana by 4% of their Maximum HP/Mana

250px-Sunwell.jpg
The Left Part is the Healing Well of the Noble while the Right Part is the Healing well of the Tainted

• This is a part of the Map where different "Masters" appear to test out your flexibility in battle.
• Whenever a "Master" is Defeated, they will disappear and drop a special item that helps you throughout the Game. The items that they dropped will be lost if you've alreasy used them or if you haven't used them after a couple of minutes.
• Masters respawn exactly 10 minutes after the last Master was killed.
• There are different kinds of "Masters" and you won't know who will appear in the "Isle of Masters"
War.gif

Medium-High HP, Low Mana, High Attack Power, Medium Speed, Low Defense. Cast a spell that increases his Attack Power
Wind.gif

Medium HP, Low Mana, Medium Attack Power, High Speed, Medium Defense. Cast a spell that increases his Attack Speed
Lore.gif

Low-Medium HP, High Mana, Low Attack Power, Medium Speed, Medium Defense. Casts numerous Offensive Spells
Life.gif

High HP, Medium Mana, Medium Attack Power, Medium Speed, High Defense. Casts numerous Defensive and Self-regeneration Spells

100427LongUnderline.jpg

Again, The Things I need right now/I need some Recruits

• Programmers/Map Makers
• "Potential Hero" Picker/Chooser
• Hero Suggestions *Note: Heroes should be complete. Look at the Hero section for more info.
• Terrain Maker *For this I need an Snowy Terrain because it is "GLACIER of Champions"
• "Loading Screen" Maker

I'll be the one responsible for the Items and some Heroes Sugestions.
You could use this Template for Hero Suggestion.

If you want to join, help, and/or support me in this project, just Post it here or PM me.

100427LongUnderline.jpg

Hidden.

Reaction score
I could see that you're not doing this anymore.
So, could I host this project from now on?
Please.....

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    The bots will show up as users online in the forum software but they do not show up in my stats tracking. I am sure there are bots in the stats but the way alot of the bots treat the site do not show up on the stats
  • Varine Varine:
    I want to build a filtration system for my 3d printer, and that shit is so much more complicated than I thought it would be
  • Varine Varine:
    Apparently ABS emits styrene particulates which can be like .2 micrometers, which idk if the VOC detectors I have can even catch that
  • Varine Varine:
    Anyway I need to get some of those sensors and two air pressure sensors installed before an after the filters, which I need to figure out how to calculate the necessary pressure for and I have yet to find anything that tells me how to actually do that, just the cfm ratings
  • Varine Varine:
    And then I have to set up an arduino board to read those sensors, which I also don't know very much about but I have a whole bunch of crash course things for that
  • Varine Varine:
    These sensors are also a lot more than I thought they would be. Like 5 to 10 each, idk why but I assumed they would be like 2 dollars
  • Varine Varine:
    Another issue I'm learning is that a lot of the air quality sensors don't work at very high ambient temperatures. I'm planning on heating this enclosure to like 60C or so, and that's the upper limit of their functionality
  • Varine Varine:
    Although I don't know if I need to actually actively heat it or just let the plate and hotend bring the ambient temp to whatever it will, but even then I need to figure out an exfiltration for hot air. I think I kind of know what to do but it's still fucking confusing
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Maybe you could find some of that information from AC tech - like how they detect freon and such
  • Varine Varine:
    That's mostly what I've been looking at
  • Varine Varine:
    I don't think I'm dealing with quite the same pressures though, at the very least its a significantly smaller system. For the time being I'm just going to put together a quick scrubby box though and hope it works good enough to not make my house toxic
  • Varine Varine:
    I mean I don't use this enough to pose any significant danger I don't think, but I would still rather not be throwing styrene all over the air
  • The Helper The Helper:
    New dessert added to recipes Southern Pecan Praline Cake https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-southern-pecan-praline-cake.193555/
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Another bot invasion 493 members online most of them bots that do not show up on stats
  • Varine Varine:
    I'm looking at a solid 378 guests, but 3 members. Of which two are me and VSNES. The third is unlisted, which makes me think its a ghost.
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Some members choose invisibility mode
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I bitch about Xenforo sometimes but it really is full featured you just have to really know what you are doing to get the most out of it.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    It is just not easy to fix styles and customize but it definitely can be done
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I do know this - xenforo dropped the ball by not keeping the vbulletin reputation comments as a feature. The loss of the Reputation comments data when we switched to Xenforo really was the death knell for the site when it came to all the users that left. I know I missed it so much and I got way less interested in the site when that feature was gone and I run the site.
  • Blackveiled Blackveiled:
    People love rep, lol
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    The recipe today is Sloppy Joe Casserole - one of my faves LOL https://www.thehelper.net/threads/sloppy-joe-casserole-with-manwich.193585/
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Decided to put up a healthier type recipe to mix it up - Honey Garlic Shrimp Stir-Fry https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-honey-garlic-shrimp-stir-fry.193595/
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Here is another comfort food favorite - Million Dollar Casserole - https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-million-dollar-casserole.193614/

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.