Crime Glacier thief arrested in Chile - Designer Ice

The Helper

Administrator
Staff member
Police hold man on suspicion of stealing five tonnes of ice from a glacier in Patagonia to sell as designer ice cubes for cocktails

Climate change sceptics have acquired a new explanation for why glaciers are retreating: it's not global warming, it's theft.

Police in Chile have arrested a man on suspicion of stealing five tonnes of ice from the Jorge Montt glacier in the Patagonia region to sell as designer ice cubes in bars and restaurants.

Local media reported that last Friday police intercepted a refrigerated truck with an estimated £3,900 worth of illicit ice allegedly bound for whiskies, rums and cocktails in the capital Santiago.

Read the whole story here.

Inflicted

Currently inactive
"oh there's a natural disaster, lets find somebody to blame"..

Right, like this guy is the real cause of lack of glaciers.

Climate change sceptics have acquired a new explanation for why glaciers are retreating: it's not global warming, it's theft.
-_-

seph ir oth

Mod'n Dat News Jon
Staff member
illicit ice
Made me lol. So does this mean ice formed on the ground is not fair game? Do I have to avoid it?

The Helper

Administrator
Staff member
Its actually a genius idea. LOL that he did not try to buy the ice from them and tried to steal it. A real thief would have just said anything was Glacier ice and sold it like that.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    I really do not want to move to California otherwise I might consider it.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    yeah California is not anywhere you really want to live
  • The Helper The Helper:
    That is why I did not take the job Blizzard offered me back in the day, there is no way I could have moved my family there on what they were offering, not even close and that was like 20 years ago
  • The Helper The Helper:
    yeah they wanted me on the tech support team when they did not get me they got one of the next MVPs in Dinobot
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Dinobot was one of the youngest of the MVPs tkron probably could have worked for Blizzard but he had a good job in Chicago doing business programming already
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Dinobot probably still works for Blizzard would love to reconnect with that guy
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I wonder what ever happened to Wargasm?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    This new version of Xenforo really is awesome
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Wargasm is still around. He works for the domain registrar where thehelper.net is kept.
  • Varine Varine:
    Is sqrage still around?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I have not seen him on lately the forum says he was last on 2 years ago
  • The Helper The Helper:
    How are you doing Varine have not seen you around in a minute
  • thewrongvine thewrongvine:
    lol I live in CA
    I've got some friends in animation department who have been applying for Blizzard, doing interviews and such. They said the workplace seems nice, though now it'd be all remote work I suppose
  • The Helper The Helper:
    good for them I live close to Austin and am trying to get my kids interested in getting into Games but not having much luck. I would never let them move to Cali.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    unless it was huge money
  • The Helper The Helper:
    and even then with the taxes I really could never let them move there
    Haha fair enough, I have no interest in CA at all as a living place either. Really only here just for the work in LA, but hopefully once I get settled enough in my work, I can move out
    +1
  • Ghan Ghan:
    +1
  • jonas jonas:
    " a traditionally-sized California family of one person ":cool:
    +1

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop