Global Warming Argument

Status
Not open for further replies.

Myzteryz

It only does everything.
Reaction score
If you have ever questioned Global Warming, I highly recommend you watch this video: dead link removed

I had my doubts at first but I am buying into it so watch it and do something about it (or not).

P.S. Yes I found the video on CAD and I watched it all and his logic is incredible.

Last edited by a moderator:

Demi666

Reaction score
If you have ever questioned Global Warming, I highly recommend you watch this video:

I had my doubts at first but I am buying into it so watch it and do something about it (or not).

P.S. Yes I found the video on CAD and I watched it all and his logic is incredible.

idc actully <.< not 2 sound dumb or like i dont care but.. i dont care couse not much will happen when i live:)

but its like 10+ degrees here then last year new record they say :D so it prob starts now <.< :confused:

Akatsuki

Reaction score
I had doubts. Then I saw a video that my teacher made the class watch. It stared Al Gore. But it had enough facts to convince me. But this really reinforced it.

elmstfreddie

The Finglonger
Reaction score
An Inconvenient Truth was a very 1 sided video.
I want you to know that you can't just believe w/e they tell you. There has never been an "objective study". They all have been one sided. They either blame it all on us, or the environment.
I personally believe that, yes, we have an effect, but it's mostly nature.
Whatcha gonna do about it?

Edit > Wrote all that before I saw the video btw :p
K I watched and.. Well.. Column B ftw!
He made it so if there is Global Warming and we do something about it he didn't write down global depression there too... Because the same amount of money would be spent, so causing the same depression thing.
So no matter if it exists or not, and we choose to spend a lot of money to try to fix it, the economy will go to the shits.
So, depression, or risk of all of these terrible weather disasters that we predict MAY happen.
Not to mention if it's natural there's shit all we can do about it, and we shouldn't do anything about it if it is natural.

Miz

Administrator
Reaction score
I was already for Global Warming when I heard of it
I want to prevent it... ok

But I really want to stop using Gasoline because I don't know if that will help Global Warming I just don't want to wait see what happens

But somethings they say like the Winds in the Jet Stream are suppose to get slower in one study. The Werid thing is that the Jet Streams Winds atcually got Faster

H34DhUnT3r

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
An Inconvinient Truth was a terrible movie,

But it's just a fact that global warming exist..

Okay watched video:

The problem is that the higher up people just don't want to spend money to interrupt global warming..
So you can just whine and b*tch about yea but it's better if we do, THEY JUST WON'T DO IT.. (or too late)

Greetings,

H34DhUnT3r[NL]

Akatsuki

Reaction score
Still. Until they actually try and find some way to stop global warming. I'm going to at least try to slow it down.

Husky

Local Lurker
Reaction score
It made me sick when someone on the Break site posted:

blah blah; just let our kids deal with it

Anyway, if you don't beleive it, your pretty darn delusional.

Anywho, i'm going to poke another finger at America (sorry guys). I saw a documentary about how American's love big cars (SUV's), unfortunately these cars produce the most CO2 emissions. One of the newer one's (forgot who produced it) was one of the top selling cars of the year and it also used up the most petrol/gas.

It's actually, in theory, rather simple to significantly slow down, but in practice everyone is too stubborn or lazy to do it.

For example, walk or take the bus (E.g a Bus carries 50 people, that's 50 less cars producing emmisions). Or Car company's should put a lot more research into battery powered cars (my family owns a battery powered car, Toyota Prius).

And I can't be bothered listing more.

Miz

Administrator
Reaction score
blah blah; just let our kids deal with it
I'm only 13 so I will have to deal with it
Anyway they say we only have about 15 Years before we start feeling the effects :rolleyes: so unless your going to die in 15 years lets hope you help

Anywho, i'm going to poke another finger at America (sorry guys).
Don't look at us blame our leaders... Have you ever had a dumbass for your country's leader

Anyother Thing is that Cars like that are expecsive and most people can't afford
Buses idk why

But america can't be all to blame Europeans do just as bad too and so do asians

But I'm totally Enviormentist

Offtopic: The US has 3% of the Worlds Population but 42% of the worlds Wealth so what America wants America gets lol

Zakyath

Reaction score
Sweden won't have snow in 2010, it's said
Around 2040 there'll be over 40 degrees in Sweden and we'll plant grapes
And when it's near 2100 the climate will be stable, once again

It's natural, the climate hasn't recovered just yet and the human is making the process slightly faster.

Long, long before we can't live on the earth we'll find another planet or we won't even live, I dunno, something drastic may happen...

Prometheus

Everything is mutable; nothing is sacred
Reaction score
Theres proof that we are effecting it.
I don't think it should be called Global Warming, just Global Climate Change.
In some place around NZ or something the ice is actually building up so theres a lot of factors and this guy should look into them and redue his video.

Miz

Administrator
Reaction score
Well I really think that we should do it
I got section A even we got into a world wide economic depression
Those will be able to be fixed in a few years but in Section B
We can't fix it once its done

Miz

Administrator
Reaction score
But heres the major thing
We think we know everything about our planet but we don't
We don't know if this is just a cycle or our fault but I still think we should still take action ^^

And you can tell that the world wide economic depression thing can be recovered because are we still in the Great Depression... No, So that means the money will balance out

But thats the worst thing that could happen and even if it does I think the most of it will only last maybe 5 to 15 years at most lol

Akatsuki

Reaction score
You know if we plant a tree or something like every month and not use the car so much or at least take some extra weight off the car when we drive it. Not stay inside all the time and use something like the computer or tv. And turn the computer off at night.(I keep forgetting) Then the cost of fixing this problem would not be so high.

Also about the whole asia thing. Now you know why I don't want to visit my family in korea.

Miz

Administrator
Reaction score
Mexico City's Pollution is the Worst
Now that it has pasted Tokyo in the Worlds Most Populated City
If you spent the entire day outside walking around in Mexico City is like Smoking 2 Packs of Cigarettes.

I am Posting a Video on Youtube Right about now!

Akatsuki

Reaction score
I'm so glad that I live in a suburb.

If a non-asian country has a city that beat an asian country. Then that's a bad sign. Asia is way too much techonlogy addicted. To the point where they can't live if there is a power out.

Miz

Administrator
Reaction score
Well I created a New Youtube Account for these Videos me and my sister
Both Enviorment Freaks (Tree Huggers :eek: )

The New Video is now: Safe Gaurd Everest
I will try to find new videos as they coem in :D

Video URL:

BTW - Dark Crescent Production is my Friends and I's Video Production

Status
Not open for further replies.
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    The bots will show up as users online in the forum software but they do not show up in my stats tracking. I am sure there are bots in the stats but the way alot of the bots treat the site do not show up on the stats
  • Varine Varine:
    I want to build a filtration system for my 3d printer, and that shit is so much more complicated than I thought it would be
  • Varine Varine:
    Apparently ABS emits styrene particulates which can be like .2 micrometers, which idk if the VOC detectors I have can even catch that
  • Varine Varine:
    Anyway I need to get some of those sensors and two air pressure sensors installed before an after the filters, which I need to figure out how to calculate the necessary pressure for and I have yet to find anything that tells me how to actually do that, just the cfm ratings
  • Varine Varine:
    And then I have to set up an arduino board to read those sensors, which I also don't know very much about but I have a whole bunch of crash course things for that
  • Varine Varine:
    These sensors are also a lot more than I thought they would be. Like 5 to 10 each, idk why but I assumed they would be like 2 dollars
  • Varine Varine:
    Another issue I'm learning is that a lot of the air quality sensors don't work at very high ambient temperatures. I'm planning on heating this enclosure to like 60C or so, and that's the upper limit of their functionality
  • Varine Varine:
    Although I don't know if I need to actually actively heat it or just let the plate and hotend bring the ambient temp to whatever it will, but even then I need to figure out an exfiltration for hot air. I think I kind of know what to do but it's still fucking confusing
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Maybe you could find some of that information from AC tech - like how they detect freon and such
  • Varine Varine:
    That's mostly what I've been looking at
  • Varine Varine:
    I don't think I'm dealing with quite the same pressures though, at the very least its a significantly smaller system. For the time being I'm just going to put together a quick scrubby box though and hope it works good enough to not make my house toxic
  • Varine Varine:
    I mean I don't use this enough to pose any significant danger I don't think, but I would still rather not be throwing styrene all over the air
  • The Helper The Helper:
    New dessert added to recipes Southern Pecan Praline Cake https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-southern-pecan-praline-cake.193555/
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Another bot invasion 493 members online most of them bots that do not show up on stats
  • Varine Varine:
    I'm looking at a solid 378 guests, but 3 members. Of which two are me and VSNES. The third is unlisted, which makes me think its a ghost.
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Some members choose invisibility mode
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I bitch about Xenforo sometimes but it really is full featured you just have to really know what you are doing to get the most out of it.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    It is just not easy to fix styles and customize but it definitely can be done
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I do know this - xenforo dropped the ball by not keeping the vbulletin reputation comments as a feature. The loss of the Reputation comments data when we switched to Xenforo really was the death knell for the site when it came to all the users that left. I know I missed it so much and I got way less interested in the site when that feature was gone and I run the site.
  • Blackveiled Blackveiled:
    People love rep, lol
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    The recipe today is Sloppy Joe Casserole - one of my faves LOL https://www.thehelper.net/threads/sloppy-joe-casserole-with-manwich.193585/
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Decided to put up a healthier type recipe to mix it up - Honey Garlic Shrimp Stir-Fry https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-honey-garlic-shrimp-stir-fry.193595/
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Here is another comfort food favorite - Million Dollar Casserole - https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-million-dollar-casserole.193614/

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.