Global Warming Argument

Status
Not open for further replies.

SilverHawk

General Iroh - Dragon of the West
Reaction score
This is a wonderful argument. He has taken a better approach than anyone I've ever seen; ignoring the nature of the truth in favor of the consequences of our actions really is the approach that humanity ought to take.

I'm certainly forwarding this.

DirtyJobs

Reaction score
The scientific debate over global warming is over.

It has been widely accepted by the scientific community and by any rational and reasonable individule. The evidence is overwhelming.

Anyone who doubts that global warming is occuring, is one who refuses or incorrectly interprets the data and deneys the most simple scientific principles.

For example, that a majority of visible, and infared radiation is reflected by the surface of the planet back into space, by most notebly, the ice sheets.
As surface area diminshes, thus does the amount of reflected radiation.
It isn't a matter of debate. It's a matter of mathematics and observation.

King TonGoll

ORLY?*DDR*
Reaction score
precisly, math, not science. well science threw math, and that is not solid science, did you even bother to watch the second link I sent? It´s not about being ignorant, it´s how others see it. if there are scientist´s who disagree, don´t you think there would be a reason?

King TonGoll

ORLY?*DDR*
Reaction score
I may be ignorant but you are bein ignorant yourself.

How can you say that when you have never even heard there reasons? It´s a two sided arument, and I don´t think where on the same boat here.

here you are spouting smoke and not bothering either A) read-watch the opposin side, or B) post anythin to back up your reasoning.

You talked about how the polar ice is meltin, but failed to mentiom any hard proof it was due to polution, or the theory of global warming.

There is a Relation between polution and temp, but there is all so a relation between temp and the number of pirates, and many otherthins out there. a relationship is not proof itself.

I hate this keyboard, hard to type O´s and G´s

all so anyone who cant notice the need for better science should consider rethinking as well.

Prometheus

Everything is mutable; nothing is sacred
Reaction score
In one place, the ice there is growing at like 3 in. a year.

Akatsuki

Reaction score
You know someone also said that even if you don't think global warming is real. The things that will be done will still have some good benifits. Like fresher air, a nicer envirement. Stuff that that.

Miz

Administrator
Reaction score
>> Yes, it will have positive benifits, but at what cost?

Does it matter how must it cost for human existents?
Ok... Just saying if it is true and we have probelms I hope your money will do some help for yah!

And I would feel better if we spent money to make the world cleaner
like I said if we have a economical crash we can recover but we may not recover from global warming if it exist

We have to take the gamble to prepare
Its better to be safe then sorry

XXXconanXXX

Cocktails anyone?
Reaction score
I'm sorry guys, but I have to pop in with a reminder of the rules:

As long as this doesn't spark any flaming or ill will towards each other, you guys can have at it. I'll keep a close eye on this thread, and will close it if it gets out of control, but I believe you all have the maturity to keep it civil and polite.

I'm sorry to have to pop in like this, just keep it clean. :)

Continue on.

Reaction score
Just my two cents:

Actually, as pointing fingers to USA is quite popular here, I'd like to point out that cows (yes, those grass eating animals the give milk and meat for the hamburgers) are actually nearly the same problem as the vehicle exhaustion, because they actually keep belching and "exhasuting" their... natural gas, together with CO2, and believe me, those amounts are fairly large.

As for the "let our kid's do it" it's just because we're too lazy to do anything. Why did we invent wheel, elevators, refridgerators or microwaves? Because we, whole humanity, are so lazy as it can get. And we won't let these inventions easily, unless someone invents something better. So, unless we'd get hover cars that don't pollute air, we all won't care.

But. That view "We alone can't do anything, let's don't do anything then" is false. Government doesnt do anything? It doesn't have to. We have to. Everyone keep saying: "Start from yourself". We'll do it. Come on, who knows, maybe you've got all your neighbours thinking "I'd do it, but nobody does, so it won't change it", just start it and all this could light up! Atleast try to.

Oh, and remember one thing - people say something like "there was no summer more hot than this year" or something. Just remember that it might have been in the past, just noone lives to prove it. Maybe in 1864 we had the same heat as in 2007. Noone lives to tell it. Global warming? We'll live with it. Flood, heat - we're like those roaches, we will move to sea or mountins or to the poles of Earth. We will invent something, we will think of something and so on. Or we will all die. But in that case, we won't care about it anymore ;)

DM Cross

You want to see a magic trick?
Reaction score
I'm sorry guys, but I have to pop in with a reminder of the rules:

As long as this doesn't spark any flaming or ill will towards each other, you guys can have at it. I'll keep a close eye on this thread, and will close it if it gets out of control, but I believe you all have the maturity to keep it civil and polite.

I'm sorry to have to pop in like this, just keep it clean. :)

Continue on.

You're 36 posts late. I've been keeping a weary, restrained eye on this thread since it started. Some voice in the back of my head kept me from closing it before it shot off the handle.

Some voice in the front of my head is currently putting away the bloody axe. We still don't know what happened to the other voice. We can only guess o_O

Watch yourselves, as Conan said. If any staff member feels this has the least bit of potential to turn bad, it will be "closed and burned", as Ace said in another thread :)

Have a good one, folks.

stubs101

Reaction score
Theres proof that we are effecting it.
Yeah. The sun's rays reflect off whatever it can to keep our planet cool. A.K.A. water. Lately we have been polluting it big time, which makes is so dirty the sun can't reflect off the water, like a mirror, so that the heat stays trapped. Add to that the CO2 thing or whatever it is which is destroying the Ozone, allowing more heat rays from the sun to enter, and not come out.:(

But heres the major thing
We think we know everything about our planet but we don't
We don't know if this is just a cycle or our fault but I still think we should still take action ^^
If this is a cycle, where was it in the 1800's, or even the 100's, and even if it happens later, in the biblical times. Jesus has arisen from thine holy grail, and Thou will save art humankind. Btw it's getting hot, I hope he can fix that too.
We have deciphered many biblical stone tablets, but none about temperature.

TrustFactor

Reaction score
I really think that people out in the world should make a difference if they want to live because the guy is telling us we have a 50/50 percent chance that we are going to die. If we do something about it we have a lesser chance of the world ending. I mean we made it through a depression in the 30s I dont see why we wouldn't be able to make it through another one if global warming isn't because of climate change. Yeah we'll loose a lot of money but it's not like that will change the U.S. is in financial trouble as it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Actually I was just playing with having some kind of mention of the food forum and recipes on the main page to test and see if it would engage some of those people to post something. It is just weird to get so much traffic and no engagement
  • The Helper The Helper:
    So what it really is me trying to implement some kind of better site navigation not change the whole theme of the site
  • Varine Varine:
    How can you tell the difference between real traffic and indexing or AI generation bots?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    The bots will show up as users online in the forum software but they do not show up in my stats tracking. I am sure there are bots in the stats but the way alot of the bots treat the site do not show up on the stats
  • Varine Varine:
    I want to build a filtration system for my 3d printer, and that shit is so much more complicated than I thought it would be
  • Varine Varine:
    Apparently ABS emits styrene particulates which can be like .2 micrometers, which idk if the VOC detectors I have can even catch that
  • Varine Varine:
    Anyway I need to get some of those sensors and two air pressure sensors installed before an after the filters, which I need to figure out how to calculate the necessary pressure for and I have yet to find anything that tells me how to actually do that, just the cfm ratings
  • Varine Varine:
    And then I have to set up an arduino board to read those sensors, which I also don't know very much about but I have a whole bunch of crash course things for that
  • Varine Varine:
    These sensors are also a lot more than I thought they would be. Like 5 to 10 each, idk why but I assumed they would be like 2 dollars
  • Varine Varine:
    Another issue I'm learning is that a lot of the air quality sensors don't work at very high ambient temperatures. I'm planning on heating this enclosure to like 60C or so, and that's the upper limit of their functionality
  • Varine Varine:
    Although I don't know if I need to actually actively heat it or just let the plate and hotend bring the ambient temp to whatever it will, but even then I need to figure out an exfiltration for hot air. I think I kind of know what to do but it's still fucking confusing
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Maybe you could find some of that information from AC tech - like how they detect freon and such
  • Varine Varine:
    That's mostly what I've been looking at
  • Varine Varine:
    I don't think I'm dealing with quite the same pressures though, at the very least its a significantly smaller system. For the time being I'm just going to put together a quick scrubby box though and hope it works good enough to not make my house toxic
  • Varine Varine:
    I mean I don't use this enough to pose any significant danger I don't think, but I would still rather not be throwing styrene all over the air
  • The Helper The Helper:
    New dessert added to recipes Southern Pecan Praline Cake https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-southern-pecan-praline-cake.193555/
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Another bot invasion 493 members online most of them bots that do not show up on stats
  • Varine Varine:
    I'm looking at a solid 378 guests, but 3 members. Of which two are me and VSNES. The third is unlisted, which makes me think its a ghost.
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Some members choose invisibility mode
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I bitch about Xenforo sometimes but it really is full featured you just have to really know what you are doing to get the most out of it.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    It is just not easy to fix styles and customize but it definitely can be done
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I do know this - xenforo dropped the ball by not keeping the vbulletin reputation comments as a feature. The loss of the Reputation comments data when we switched to Xenforo really was the death knell for the site when it came to all the users that left. I know I missed it so much and I got way less interested in the site when that feature was gone and I run the site.
  • Blackveiled Blackveiled:
    People love rep, lol
    +1

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.