Global Warming Argument

Status
Not open for further replies.

pheonixashes

Those who misplace trust in gods learn their fate.
Reaction score
I feel like replying to all the previous posts. Yay.

I'm American and Chinese, so I feel safe to have said I've experienced both sides of the world's problems and pollution.

Yes, it's true that you can see the sky in most Asian Cities.
But keep in mind, America is far more developed than most asian countries, including China. Plus, America's population density does not nearly match China, Japan, or India. Therefore, the pollution will obviously be greater.

Secondly, Americans are just about the laziest people you can find in the universe. And the most arrogant. Take a look.
In the past few years, we've seen some good come out of America, yes. Helping others, Bill Gates and whatnot. Now, let's take a look at the bad stuff America has made popular, shall we?

I'll compile a list:
-Cars, yes cars. They're convienient, but until we find a better fuel source...
-Cell Phones. I hate them.
-SUVs, Hummers, and all the like. Pretty much, 7 gallons to the mile (exaggerating).
-Wars. This is obvious.
-Idiots.
-Cigarettes. Not cigars. Not pipes.
-Overabuse of Alcohol. Not Alcohol itself.
-A lot of drugs.
-More idiots.
-Violence.
-A lot of suicides, homicides, and whatnot.
-George W. Bush.
-Wasting Resources. Water, Gas, Electricity.
-Even more idiots.
-A lot of false hopes and shattered dreams.
-Beef. See above posts. Beef = bad.

A lot, eh?
I said idiots three times because there's that many of them. I despise those idiot highschoolers who only think about partying and technology and all that stuff. No studying. Maybe that's why we're losing jobs to China and India.

Prometheus

Everything is mutable; nothing is sacred
Reaction score
I think you just closed this thread...
George W. Bush I have to agree with though.

Sooda

Diversity enchants
Reaction score
It' s easier to blame others. Rofl what you all think why aliens don' t warn us ?
By the way France is experimenting soon on new energy source what is more powerful than nuclear power. Alternative energy sources are planed to use more too (Wind mostly.).
After 50 yers there isn' t nafta anymore, so very soon we will start to use new cleaner energy sources.
With DNA knowledge and all other tehnology we could ressurrect died out species or so. Well once we will be exploring universe. Learn, study, learn, learn from past mistakes.
Economy is wierd thing. Most people know about this global warming issue and try to do what they can. Why can' t be you that person who changes something ? Your decisions count in long run.

Ghan

Administrator - Servers are fun
Staff member
Reaction score
I think a lot of people on this thread, as well as the man in the initial video, are missing one main point that MUST be addressed before anything else can be considered. We are all laboring under the assumption that humans have the capability to do something about global warming. What if the idea was introduced that we cannot? The globe is warming. No doubt about that exists. However, the debate has begun about what we, the all-powerful humans should do about it. No one has considered that the earth could really care less about humans. :p It's entirely possible that the earth will warm regardless of what we do about it. Give some thought to this idea.

If you want my opinion, I think that our objective should be the expansion of technology, especially in the area of space exploration. It's not like we WANT the earth to be 'destroyed' by global warming, but it's possible we can't do anything about it, so we should be seeking other options outside of this planet.

Akatsuki

Reaction score
The only reason why we can live on Earth is because it's at a right distance at the sun. And we did not miss that reason. It's just that we don't want to take any chances that it might just be the globe warming naturally or not. And people don't want to think about what happens if we can't live on another planet on time. Pretty much they don't want to risk it.

I really think that this topic should be locked. There is nothing more a person can say without flaming someone else. Even my post has some elements that could be counted flaming. But I wasn't. It's just because in real life I talk in a calm way so even if how I talk is like internet flaming. It really isn't.

stubs101

Reaction score
You know what hit me when TrustFactor said we survived the Great Depression? I remembered the guy saying a Global Depression. Well what if a continent(s)/country(ies) are in a bad financial state and can't afford to spend anything on Global Warming. Well Everybody's going to try to out help Global Warming by donating more money to the "Cause" when we don't even know if the guys who found this out are hippies trying to make the world more fresh and clear or are real scientists. In the end say America is gonna go Bankrupt because say China had the money to donate but America didn't and it gave even more to look like it cared. Then the whole world's gonna be in a serious shape of financial mishap that they're going to leave their homeland and flee to the country(ies)/continent(s) that couldn't afford to waste and money and leave the rest of the world to rot.

I say in the first post, the movie guy's 4 Square Options Avenue was correct. I vouch for (Something, I forgot what A1/A2 and B1/B2 options were) the one where A2 I think, because we do nothing and boom, we're cool. Because this maybe a phase, but we shouldn't spend money over this kind of thing. As I said before we are polluting reflecting sources for heat and light radiating from the sun. Clean up the oceans, put up mirrors (Big ones!!!) start using solar powered cars, calculators, chimneys (No just kidding about the chimneys, anyway, it would give Santa a hell of a time...) well, stop using chimneys anyhow, and rich people, give a damn for once and pay your taxes!!! There, we did nothing to spend money, but if Global warming is true, we did the cheapest thing we could, we reduced the heat and death of plants (leading to herbivores and then carnivores then eventually humans) without throwing the Earth in to a raging fire of financial depression.

Also, I've been reading Orson Scott Card's book, mostly about Bean (I would really suggest you read it, it's great) and I thought, you know, just find an equivalent source of heat and light as the sun (A.K.A. a different sun...) and colonize on a planet there, supposing there is oxygen, water, gravity, and all the basic components of material to sustain life there.

Anyway, studying a different planet came to mind. Find a planet close to us (Venus, Mars, nothing farther) find it's average temperature and see if it's ordinary heat levels are increasing or dropping. That way you'll know if the Global Warming thing was a conspiracy forced upon us by hippies or just some scientists scared about our planet (Like the hippies are, but apparently in this case, they don't care about civilization). Think of it as a rigged lottery with no consequences...

I hope you really think about all this...:rolleyes:

Akatsuki

Reaction score
Well seeing how some government sciencists agree with Global warming and they work for the government. And seeing how the government is now. I really have a hard time knowing if they are hippies are not. But mean while. I think that some action should be taken on global warming. Hold some small classes about what we think is causing global warming and how you can slow it down. Teach about planting trees, using less resorces, etc. In the long run it will not stop global warming if it's true. But if it is true and comferned by enough sciencists for the government to take action. Hopefully we could buy enough time so it won't be too late. So sciencists can find out if global warming is true. While here we slow things down and give them the time needed. So government doesn't have to spend so much money until we're sure or sure enough that global warming will happen or not. Then if it's true. We can forward it then start the more expensive things. If not. Then we won't while hopefully what we learned will convince people to at least take care of the earth. As in back to the endangered animals. I just remembered about them.

DM Cross

You want to see a magic trick?
Reaction score
I feel like replying to all the previous posts. Yay.

I'm American and Chinese, so I feel safe to have said I've experienced both sides of the world's problems and pollution.

But keep in mind, America is far more developed than most asian countries, including China. Plus, America's population density does not nearly match China, Japan, or India. Therefore, the pollution will obviously be greater.

Secondly, Americans are just about the laziest people you can find in the universe. And the most arrogant. Take a look.
In the past few years, we've seen some good come out of America, yes. Helping others, Bill Gates and whatnot. Now, let's take a look at the bad stuff America has made popular, shall we?

I'll compile a list:
-Cars, yes cars. They're convienient, but until we find a better fuel source...
-Cell Phones. I hate them.
-SUVs, Hummers, and all the like. Pretty much, 7 gallons to the mile (exaggerating).
-Wars. This is obvious.
-Idiots.
-Cigarettes. Not cigars. Not pipes.
-Overabuse of Alcohol. Not Alcohol itself.
-A lot of drugs.
-More idiots.
-Violence.
-A lot of suicides, homicides, and whatnot.
-George W. Bush.
-Wasting Resources. Water, Gas, Electricity.
-Even more idiots.
-A lot of false hopes and shattered dreams.
-Beef. See above posts. Beef = bad.

A lot, eh?
I said idiots three times because there's that many of them. I despise those idiot highschoolers who only think about partying and technology and all that stuff. No studying. Maybe that's why we're losing jobs to China and India.

This post alone shows your immaturity, your narrow-mindedness and your own bias, which can basically be translated into racism. You really think America is responsible for all of these things alone? It's all America's fault as a whole country?

What stupid nonsense...

Strike 1 :) You all have 2 more.

elmstfreddie

The Finglonger
Reaction score

I'm so confused... You like contradicted your own contradictions of the contradictions you did to yourself! Gah!

Every country has bad things about it, I believe more so America than Canada for sure, but I admit we all pollute probably the same amount per person.. All countries pretty much suck pollution wise, and the lesser developed countries are the lesser contributers of pollution. Obviously.

Well, the Chinese are raised (not intended to be racist btw) to value hard work and that kinda stuff. In America, it's not the same. You don't see me complaining that you guys don't party enough :p

stubs101

Reaction score
Well seeing how some government sciencists agree with Global warming and they work for the government. And seeing how the government is now. I really have a hard time knowing if they are hippies are not. But mean while. I think that some action should be taken on global warming. Hold some small classes about what we think is causing global warming and how you can slow it down. Teach about planting trees, using less resorces, etc. In the long run it will not stop global warming if it's true. But if it is true and comferned by enough sciencists for the government to take action. Hopefully we could buy enough time so it won't be too late. So sciencists can find out if global warming is true. While here we slow things down and give them the time needed. So government doesn't have to spend so much money until we're sure or sure enough that global warming will happen or not. Then if it's true. We can forward it then start the more expensive things. If not. Then we won't while hopefully what we learned will convince people to at least take care of the earth. As in back to the endangered animals. I just remembered about them.

You know that's a good idea. But we will most likely have to publicly announce it because if we just be good boys (and girls, I'm not a sexist, but you know how the expression goes...) the government will probably just say ooo, let's waste our money now, not knowing that they can still do those planet side studies to see if global warming is a phase or not... and lets face it, the government is being run by George Bush (Kinda, he's the President: Highest power). And then again there are those "idiots" as pheonixashes says that would be to dumb to do anything without being told, and then there is the fact that America has the fattest population in the world, Thanks to McDonald's over here, leading to laziness.But it's a good thought, and one that would be better off in action than on a forum.

You know what just came to me. We seem to care for Global Warming a lot more here than any Average Joe in any house... Think about that.:D

Husky

Local Lurker
Reaction score
I fear the Flames are about to spread...

Best to put them out before they continue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.