AoS Gods and Souls

waaaks!

Zinctified
Reaction score
Gods and Souls
GaS

Introduction
A unique AoS map full of exciting battles between the Glory and the Wicked. The map is not truly an AoS concept because of its uniqueness from other AoS maps. Its not just an ordinary hero control, lane control, and item management AoS map.​

Screen Shots
GaS_Pic01.jpg

GaS_Pic02.jpg

GaS_Pic03.jpg

GaS_Pic04.jpg

GaS_Pic05.jpg

GaS_Pic06.jpg

Game Walk Trough
Pick a soul from a temple, each soul has different ability from other souls, but the same stats with them, with this, there will be nothing left behind, it all depends on how you play your soul.

Soul
Each soul can evolve into a God of its type, e.g. Soul of Silence and Revenge will evolve into God of Silence and Revenge. Though evolution needs beliefs points and worshipers.

Evolution
To earn beliefs points, you need to train Worshipers, 1 Worshiper is equal to 1 belief point. Although you are rich in Beliefs, but only few in Worshipers, you still can't evolve into a God. Evolution of Gods need 10 beliefs and 10 worshipers to be summoned. Beliefs stands for lumber, and Worshipers stands for food.

Belief vs Worshipers
Although they are pretty much the same, 10 belief + 10 worshiper = 1 God, why not make it 20 belief = 1 God or 20 Worshiper = 1 God?. Actually they are not the same, there are Divine beings you can train in the game where one Being needs 5 beliefs, and another one needs 5 worshipers, and there are other ways you can earn beliefs.

Beliefs
As I posted above, you can earn belief points even if you don't train worshipers. To earn them, you need to have your God kill an enemy unit. Killing enemy units with your God has 15% chance to earn 1 belief from the dying unit. Its pretty natural, why won't you believe to that God if he/she proves that he/she has godly powers.

Worshipers
Worshipers can't be earned like Beliefs. You need to train Worshipers to have 1 worshiper point, and if 1 worshiper dies, you'll lose 1 worship point too. Although worship points can't easily be earned, they still give you some advantage. Each Worshiper has a heal ability.

Elements
Each God uses an element, either using it for spell damage or for defensive use. There will be no more neutral damage like non-elemental damage. But only Gods have elemental damage, Souls will still use the neutral damages.

Lane Management
There are 4 lanes, and close to each other, meaning creeps can easily ask help from a lane easily and proceed pushing to that lane, anyways, if you have your God, you can easily defend your base with their Godly Strength. You can also train militia for 50 gold to increase your lane's force's. To train militias, you need to move them into a Soldier's Tent or a Spawning Grounds to train them into Axemen or Fel Axemen, in exchange for unit ownership, meaning your militias will change to player 1 (red) or player 7 (green). Training 2 militias will spawn a bonus range unit to fight for your force.

Items
There will be not much item in this map, only those generic items. Gods are not item dependent, they depend on their abilities, and I don't support imbalance items. Maybe I'll add more custom made items.

Neutral Hostiles
No more neutral hostiles. Most AoS maps has neutral hostiles because they have custom made items that are expensive. In GoDS, there are only few items, and all of them are generic items, just to support your God, not to transform them into a Violent Maniac.

The Team
waaaks! - Founder; Map creator; Gameplay; Hero creator; Coder; Overall map management
jonadrian619 - Terrainer; Helping hand
Hatebreeder - Modeller
Zack1996 - Helping hand
demotry241 - Helping hand
MurderMode - Helping hand
Manee - Another Helping hand
thewrongvine - Storyline creator

The map is still in progress, I'm still working on the Gods, their Souls, the overall game play, and the Divine Beings that I mentioned before.

If you want to help me make the progress faster then release the map earlier. You can help me by contributing Gods with their abilities, their Souls, and Divine Beings.

I only take Gods that are not custom made, e.g. Zeus, Thor, Hades, etc.
For Deity and God referent: www.godchecker.com

If you are willing to contribute, please follow the formats

Gods
Name:
God of What?:
attack type; defense type
Model
4 abilities; 5 level each ability; Elemental damage (Dark, Earth, Light, Fire)
Each God must have a linking Soul (If you contribute a God, please also contribute its soul)

Soul
Disciple of what?; Beholder of what?; Soul of what?
Model
2 abilities; 5 level each ability; Neutral damage (non-elemental)
Each Soul must have a linking God (If you contribute a Soul, please also contribute its God)

Divine Being
Name
Model
1 ability; 1 level; elemental damage

for more questions, please post in this thread, or for private conversations, send me a PM, or e-mail me at [email protected]

please do not upload the below map in any other site, the map is still uncompleted, the map is an alpha version, it only contains 5 gods, 3 gods in the wicked, and 2 gods in the righteous, i released the map for early bug reports, to remove those bugs that may harm the reputation of the map in the first release

I changed my mind, Beta Version Released, please download the map below.
The map consists of 6 heroes each team, that's enough for a beta map, anyways, I'll add more heroes, after 12 heroes I'll be starting to create divine beings

Zack1996

Working on a Map
Reaction score
WOW! VERY AMAZING AOS! It really surprised me! I will contribute ideas now!

Soul:

Disciple of Fire, lava spawn, low dmg, attacks quickly, defense 2.
Flame Burst: Creates a sudden burst of fire in an area, damages, stuns and sets area on fire. Upgrades damage, fire damage and area.
Fire Strike: Strikes the ground and causes fire to burst out in a line, burning units in the line. Upgrades cooldown and burning dmg.

Beholder of of Ice, wraith tinited blue, moderate dmg, attack speed moderate, defense 1.
Arctic Nova: Causes an arctic nova, summons frost novas in a circle around you, freezes, slows and damages units hit by the frosts. Upgrades slow, damage and freeze.
Freeze Ray: Fires a freezing ray that freezes units in a line and deals damage. Upgrades range, damage and freeze.

Gods:

God of Fire: Fire Lord, Fire Damage, Low damage, Fast AS, Defense 10.
Summon Phoenix: Summons a phoenix that burns nearby units and itself, will also become an egg when it dies. Will truly die if egg is destroyed. Upgrades stats of Phoenix.
Phoenix Strike: Causes your phoenix to swoop down at an area, setting it ablaze and creating an explosion that stuns, then the phoenix will be positioned at the target point offset by distance between its original position and the target point. Upgrades stun, damage and fire damage. (The phoenix's burning will still affect enemies.)
Fire Storm: Uses powerful magic to cause a powerful fire storm. The fire storm deals damage and burns enemy units. Does not need to be channeled. Upgrades base damage and burn damage.
GRAND METEOR :Calls a meteor from space that will deal massive damage upon impact, has a delay before falling (1+ sec). The fall will also stun units and the meteor will remain and burn enemy units, the burn will slowly reduce in damage as the meteor loses it flames. Upgrades damage, stun and burn.

God of Ice: Lich,moderate ice (if you want, else make it dark I guess)damage, slow AS, 8 defense.
Ice Golem: Summons an icy golem that will slow melee attackers and will create a frost nova on summoning (basically a thunder clap with frost nova art). Upgrades stats and frost nova.
Icicle Storm: Causes icicles to fall from the sky around you, you may move around and the storm will follow. Each icicle does minor damage. Upgrades damage and fall rate.
Icy Prison: Uses powerful ice magic to create a prison of ice that slows enemy units' movement and attack speed when they attempy to pass through the magical ice prison. Upgrades slow and duration.
NORTHEN BLIZZARD: Creates a powerful blizzard at the target area, slowing enemy units in the area and dealing damage as hails start to fall. Near the end of the storm, multiple icy explosions will appear at random points in the area. Upgrades slow, hail and explosions' damage.
Well, these are some suggestions for now, feel free to adjust them.

jonadrian619

-___-
Reaction score
Lure of the Ancient Lands, Realms of the Genesis and its Reborn version, And Growl of the Deity Souls

You really like makin' AoS maps and most of your maps are AoS genre. Well, all of them are great and unique so far. Keep up the good work!!:thup:

I like the concept of this new map, instead of the ordinary straightforward game concept of AoS, and it has a unique approach to the genre. And I like it when you say it uses a few items because in AoSes the hero's power is linked with the items he uses, so the items determine the force of destruction behind the hero. In GoDs, you say that abilities make up the hero's strengths and items are just auxiliary objects for your hero. This one might sound strategically great to me! One more thing, Zeus and Abbaddon (yeah in mythology) are embedded in DotA already so you might want to research more gods, and most gods are used in a million maps in the database and Thor is used in my Castle Wars Professionals map, but its ok to use real gods in repetition.

Right now in TH.net I'm givin' out ideas so here ya go!(+rep appreciated)

[really ain't plagiarizing Zack1996's second idea, Volcanus is the real roman god of fire and the word 'Volcano' is based on his name according to wikipedia]

Name: Volcanus
  • God of What: The Roman God of Fire
  • Attack Type: Chaos
  • Defense Type: Divine
  • Model: Firelord
  • Abilities: Firesky(Rain of Fire), Volcano, Incineration, River of Flame; an ability which creates a wide wall of fire in front of Volcanus, and with concentrated magma at the center of the line.
  • Burning disciple is his linking soul.

Burning Disciple
  • Disciple of Volcanus
  • Attack type; Pierce Defense type; Fortified
  • Model: Infernal;
  • Flame Wave and Flame Strike
  • Volcanus as his linking god.

If you need more ideas than this one then PM me!!:D

OFFTOPIC: My very first true AoS map (and it might be the last AoS) will be done in around October-November and it will be the ultimate test of my 4 years experience w/ the world editor. This map will either be the last map that I'll make or the best map I have made. I'm also thinking of adding a more Filipinized setting for the map, so heroes based on Philippine History (You're gonna be wicked sick with Lapu-lapu!) are a must. The setting as well. This

And also your avatar. Pinoy Clash will be a new map I guess:thup:

And it's the start of the Beijing Olympics; Let the Games Begin!

waaaks!

Zinctified
Reaction score
I need moderators to change the genre to [AOS] and the title from Growl of the Diety Souls to Growl of the Deity Souls (GoDS)

thanks for ye' ideas, i really appreciate them
---------
WOW! VERY AMAZING AOS! It really surprised me! I will contribute ideas now!
im also surprised with ur reaction :eek:
---------
You really like makin' AoS maps and most of your maps are AoS genre.
i dont know why i like making AoS maps?
----------
ordinary spells like Rain of Fire will still be triggered, because all of the God's damage must be element base, like i need to trigger the Rain of Fire to deal FIRE damage, not just the normal spell damage, that means it'll take time to make 1 spell
average time on making 1 hero (4 level 5 triggered spells) with its soul (2 level 5 ordinary spell) is 2 hours, with that, youll expect slow updates
----------
Heres a spoiler to the map, 2 heroes at the moment, 1 glory hero, and 1 wicked hero, type -ap if u wanted to use the other side
GoDS v1.0p
the download link for the map is on the bottom of the page
----------
OFFTOPIC:
My very first true AoS map (and it might be the last AoS) will be done in around October-November and it will be the ultimate test of my 4 years experience w/ the world editor. This map will either be the last map that I'll make or the best map I have made. I'm also thinking of adding a more Filipinized setting for the map, so heroes based on Philippine History (You're gonna be wicked sick with Lapu-lapu!) are a must. The setting as well. This

And also your avatar. Pinoy Clash will be a new map I guess

And it's the start of the Beijing Olympics; Let the Games Begin!
good luck with that project, ill support that if you finally release it, btw, why last map? will you give up world editing?

I already finished Pinoy Clash a week ago, just didnt released the map here because i dont think they will like it
Pinoy Clash

jonadrian619

-___-
Reaction score
I already finished Pinoy Clash a week ago, just didnt released the map here because i dont think they will like it
Definitely I will play that map!:thup:

I'll play out Gods soon when I release v1.4 of my Tropical Assault tomorrow.

Tropical Assault is a new map of mine, a Footman Wars map that is better than the rest. (the loadscreen has a philippine flag on it on v1.4:D)

Anyways good luck with future versions of GoDS map!

demotry241

Don't Ever Categorize Yourself.
Reaction score
to me Pinoy Clash was a success map..

due to the chaotic arena(because of awesome aggressive creeps).. heroes goes out and get killed. it was practically a blood bath!, well we played it on lan tips are..for panday.. start the game with multiple stout shields. get the marikina then 1/or 2 Manobo(s), get the maskara ni badong, then piercing blade.. then twin maul of might. optionally.. get buang(s) , (1vs1 version)

It was all good.

ahhh... ehhm....

the idea of adding the flag in a map is a good idea.

--------------
I hope this map will be successful too.

waaaks!

Zinctified
Reaction score
Definitely I will play that map!

I'll play out Gods soon when I release v1.4 of my Tropical Assault tomorrow.

Tropical Assault is a new map of mine, a Footman Wars map that is better than the rest. (the loadscreen has a philippine flag on it on v1.4)

Anyways good luck with future versions of GoDS map!
thanks, also good luck with your map, i like to play it, but i dont know how to play footies :D
to me Pinoy Clash was a success map..

due to the chaotic arena(because of awesome aggressive creeps).. heroes goes out and get killed. it was practically a blood bath!, well we played it on lan tips are..for panday.. start the game with multiple stout shields. get the marikina then 1/or 2 Manobo(s), get the maskara ni badong, then piercing blade.. then twin maul of might. optionally.. get buang(s) , (1vs1 version)

It was all good.

ahhh... ehhm....

the idea of adding the flag in a map is a good idea.
lol, i thought you havent heard pinoy clash, yes stout shield is very useful early game, you also want to try dyesebel, shes a good farmer, and marina's ulti is kinda wicked

thanks

MurderMode

Giving new meaning to co-op... slowly
Reaction score
Hey, I haven't tried the map yet... but one thing is bugging me. The name... I know you obviously designed it so the acronym was GoDS, but growl totally makes it seem like you were reaching for words to create the name.

Why not change it to 'Genesis of the Diety Soul' instead? Genesis means the origin or creation of something, so it fits perfect and makes for a more bad-ass/godly name. Just a thought yo

demotry241

Reaction score
Growl means a state of bearing a guilt, hostility, anger and grudge towards another.
--------------
so for me.. it makes perfect sense., for me anyway.

waaaks!

Zinctified
Reaction score
you can discuss about changing the title, as long as the acronym remains (GoDS)

mods, please change the typo Diety must be Deity and also the WIP, please change it to AOS, i already requested the mods last time, but still the title has not been fixed, or is there any mods around here?, thanks

for now the progress will be paused, there are problems in my pc that i need to fix quickly, i need to reformat my pc, the problem is, i dont have any cd-rom, i need to buy a new one, maybe it will took me 1 week to buy a new one

the project will be resumed til i finished reformating my pc

MurderMode

Giving new meaning to co-op... slowly
Reaction score
well no, a growl is actually the uncontrolled sound something makes when it feels those things. So when I read the title although I get what it means, it reads to me as if the growl of the souls is the most important part. Just as when someone might to you 'a lions roar' you mentally picture the lion roaring, when I read growl I see a more pathetic animal showing dislike.

I just thought because this game is about evolving into a god more then having a severe dislike for the opposing players, Genesis would be more fitting for both it's dictionary and religious meaning.

EDIT: oh and bad luck about the pc man, lol... I just went through that 2 weeks ago. My pc died without warning and damn it's a costly thing to fix on the spot :(

jonadrian619

-___-
Reaction score
Some cool ideas:
  • Glory of the Deity Souls
  • Glory of the Deserted Souls
  • God of the Deity Souls
  • Goal/s of the Deity Soul/s

thanks, also good luck with your map, i like to play it, but i dont know how to play footies
You're welcome. Good luck too! Meanwhile here's the link to the map. I released v1.4 just now and the map has become greater.

Can u give me a link to your pinoy clash? I'm going to play it tomorrow since I already released my new version of Tropical assault.

waaaks!

Zinctified
Reaction score
oh and bad luck about the pc man, lol... I just went through that 2 weeks ago. My pc died without warning and damn it's a costly thing to fix on the spot
yep, my pc is damn old, like it was bought 8 years ago, and im just upgrading it to make it fast (memory, video card, power supply, keyboard, mouse, etc.) now im going to buy a dvd writer

woot!
ur really an AoS addict!!
wtf! nooooooooooooo!
no, im not an aos addict, and honestly, im a liar

Can u give me a link to your pinoy clash? I'm going to play it tomorrow since I already released my new version of Tropical assault.
Pinoy Clash v1.0p

waaaks!

Zinctified
Reaction score
bump

pc formated, and working fine, time to resume the project, i also updated to patch 1.21b

Manee

Reaction score
God
Name: Apollo
God of What?: Sun
attack type: piercing, ranged
defense type: hero
Model: Kael or male blood elf archer by general frank ( i find it more appropriate since he uses a bow )
Element: Fire
Warmth of Fire - Heals overtime
Raging Arrow - arrow imbuned with the heat of the sun, creates firewall throughout its path (Single target)
Star Bolt - Releases numerous balls of extreme heat that will randomly target an area near the caster. Those who are near the affected area will be damaged.
Summon Helios - (While Apollo is the sun god, Helios is a titan that is potrayed as the Sun itself.) Big ball of fire that will ravage Apollo's enemies

Soul
Disciple of the Sun
attack type: Piercing, ranged
defense type: heavy? or hero
Model: Priest
Abilities:
True Sight - command aura
Owl's Eye - Longer range

note: apollo and his disciple are fighter types

demotry241

Reaction score
off topic.
btw waaaks, in pinoy clash.. there was a bug when we try to use skills, everyone Dc'ed. (not player 1) so they are forced to use normal attack XD

oh.. and a (item) typo.
and when "that" hero transforms into a wolf at invulnerable zone, it becomes vulnerable.. :D

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.