Crime Going Postal: Mail Sorter Charged With Stabbing Boss At JFK

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
When the call in from Kennedy Airport Thursday afternoon reporting that someone had gone postal, it turned out to be little too close to the truth. Port Authority Police sources say a mail sorter stabbed his female supervisor 7 times in a rage during work.

The female supervisor, identified as Doris Lloyd, was rushed to Jamaica Hospital where she is treated for her stab wounds. Officials said the male suspect used scissors to attack his supervisor. He allegedly told police he was tired of her busting his chops and he decided he was not going to take it anymore.

The disgruntled worker, identified as David Barnett, 55, was allegedly stopped by a fellow worker who jumped on his back during the fight and held him down until police arrived.

Whole story here.

Drakethos

Preordered Sc2 ftw!
Reaction score
That is actually were the term postal came from. Throughout the years, a few individuals working for the post office went on a killing spree from work related stress. Thus the term 'going postal' was coined. I don't know whats so stressful about sorting mail, but it seems to have made a few people bonkers.

Wiseman_2

Missy wants blood!
Reaction score
I don't know whats so stressful about sorting mail, but it seems to have made a few people bonkers.
I can only imagine it's the repetitive and uninspiring nature of the work. I once spent a week doing work experience at a catalogue company, where the average day involved typing in hundreds of different 8 digit numbers hour after hour. Most of the employees were close to retirement age so were pretty relaxed, but I could easily see how someone with any potential or dreams could go stir crazy after just a few weeks of that sort of work.

Drakethos

Preordered Sc2 ftw!
Reaction score
Its ironic though that something as innocent as mail, could make you go crazy. I'd never want to work for the post office, because I like to constantly adapt and want to always do something new.

Hatebreeder

So many apples
Reaction score
Its ironic though that something as innocent as mail, ....

Uhm, where is it innocent? Ever heard of Mail bombs?

Anyway, if your only duty is to do something over and over again and always go the some route, then your life is kinda like a 24 hour tape. Play and rewind >_>
That would piss me off really hard, actually :eek:

FireCat

Oh Shi.. Don't wake the tiger!
Reaction score
Anyway, if your only duty is to do something over and over again and always go the some route, then your life is kinda like a 24 hour tape. Play and rewind >_>
But it doesn't mean you need to stab someone.

BANANAMAN

Resident Star Battle Expert.
Reaction score
Well add in constant nagging and degrading comments from your superior then.

Razalgrim

Reaction score
Trying to stab your boss is a bit overkill, regardless of how terrible she is as a human being. (see what I did thar?)

I'd give her a hard, back-handed bitch-slap when she least expects it, follow up some with some harsh words about her attitude, quit and then storm out the building.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.