Other Gold Attacker's

duderock101

Check out my 2 Player Co-op RPG!
Reaction score
Download: View attachment Gold Attackers V1.7.w3x
Overview

A simple description of the map: It's a 4 Player mini-game, with a unique concept of gameplay. You control a unit called a Gold Collector, which you must move around a small maze (1 maze for each player) and collect the gold that randomly spawns every few seconds. With this gold, you can then purchase upgrades for your Gold Collector, your army or purchase special army units.
Meanwhile... every few seconds, a unit is spawned from your castle and is sent automatically to the enemies castle. With the gold you collect, you can purchase 'special' units which will be instantly spawned and sent to attack your enemies castle.

Objective(s): There are 2 different game modes, with 2 different objectives. Player 1 (red) decides at the start which mode of game it will be. The 2 modes are:

-Team: Team game. Player 1 & 2 V Player 3 & 4. You win by destroying both of your enemies castles. You have no choice of whom your army is sent against, for at the start you have to send your units to the player on the opposite side to you. After they are destroyed, you then automatically send your units to the next enemy still alive.

-FFA: Free For All. All V All. You win by destroying everybody else. Like a team game, you must send your units against the person opposite to you, however when they are destroyed you are then able to pick which player you attack next.

How is this unique? Why should I play it? How is it fun? And how long is the average game play?

The game is unique because it forces you to concentrate on multiple things. You'll have to use your tactics and skills, matched with luck to beat your opponent. You have to worry about Collecting Gold, keeping your Gold Collector strong for those moments when you meet an enemy collector, keeping your army upgraded to match your enemies, defending your castle when your enemies spawn a lot of special units and having enough gold to send your own units!

Why should you play it? Because it's a fun, short game which requires tactics to win. It's not just a short, Kill A and win game, it involves planning when to strike, and all the while your plans can be destroyed by your enemies.

How is it fun? Every play through is unique. Every person will have his/her own way of playing this game. No one strategy will work, because it can be squashed by your enemy.
It's also fun, because you won't be bored clicking one unit around. There is so much happening in the map, that you won't have time to sit there twiddling your thumbs.

How long is the average game play? If you're quick, collect loads of gold and your enemy doesn't know what the hell to do, then you can win within 10 minutes. However, if you're equally good then the game can go on for a long while, with you both gradually chipping away at the enemies defences.

How many Players are recommended?

You can play it with any number of players. Playing by your self is possible, but very boring as the computer doesn't send special units.
1v1 is also fun, but make sure the 2nd player is Player 3, and you play as Player 1
1v2 is unfair, don't do it :p
2v2 I recommend this the most, it's brilliant watching your units meet in the middle!

Every 60 to 120 seconds, your gold collector will be moved to the opposite corner of the map. This gives you a chance to kill the other enemies gold collector, thereby stopping their gold income for 30 seconds and giving you a nice +500 gold income and their entire islands worth of gold!

Every so often, a Passive wolf will spawn on one of the Gold Collectors Islands. Kill it quickly, and you'll receive +400 gold bonus and it may drop a rare item. Be quick, for it will teleport if you don't reach it in time.

Footmen - Don't cost a thing, automatically spawn. Bad damage, Bad speed, just fodder.

Timber Wolf - Lower HP then the Footmen but much quicker, dealing more damage. Costs 30 gold. Very cheap, use if the enemy is close.

Skeleton - Higher HP then the Footmen and a bit more damage, attack speed is slower and so is the movment speed. 75g

Saytr - Basic Unit once you get a good income or have a lot of cash to burn. Higher HP, damage, speed, atack speed then the Footmen. Cost 100g.

Knight - Mounted warrior, quick as the Wolf, high HP and has Cleave which hits multiple units. Costs 350g, high bounty though.

Ogre - A Tanking unit, high hp, pretty slow and huge, damage is average. Get 3 of these and they block the path, could be useful. 500g, high bounty price.

Bandit Lord - Has Devotion Aura, high hp, fast and Chaos damaging attack. Is the best attacking unit for warfare. 1500g, very high bounty.

Seige Engine - The strongest, has 2000 hit points, very high. Deals 60 seige damage. Balanced so it's speed is the slowest in the game, needs defending. Very Very high bounty. 2500g, get into the enemies base with this and pewpew.

Version 0.1 to 1.6 has been deleted

Version 1.7

Fixed a -FFA bug where, upon Player 3 (Teal)'s defeat, Player 4 (purple)'s barracks would of been destroyed.
Shops have been moved, minor change however
A few little tiny bugs have been fixed
Changed hints

Download: View attachment Gold Attackers V1.7.w3x

duderock101

Reaction score
V1.4 Released

V1.2
Price of Tomes increased from 150 to 500+
Removed Sentry Wards
Added 2 more Upgrades, Increased Health, Increased Structure
Set the cost of Upgrades much higher, and they now take longer to research
Fixed a couple of buggs
Increased the rate of spawn for the gold
Decreased the HP of the Footmen and the damage they deal
Added Towers to the location of players base to extend playing time
Extended the time before you can start purchasing extra units by a minute (240 Seconds now)
Fixed spelling errors throughout.

V1.3
Revamped the -FFA system
Fixed bugs

V1.4
Footmen now get the effects of Increase Health! Horay!
-FFA System now works perfectly, no more weird victories and messages
You can now play with less then 4 people!
Spelling mistakes have been corrected
Skeleton Tooltip fixed

I will only be hosting the map on hiveworkshop, more hits over there ^^ and easier to keep track.

duderock101

Reaction score
come on, i put a hell of a lot of work into this, countless hours and only 1 replies :p - im shocked :S its a unqiue map, never seen sumthing like this before :(

rover2341

Is riding a roller coaster...Wee!
Reaction score
Review of Version 1.61

General Comments
  • Unique Game Play Elements (Plus)
  • Risk, For waiting for high tech (Plus)
  • Keeps You Moving (Plus)
  • Spawning dog (Plus)
  • Has a few things that need to be Adjusted (Minus)

Needs Adjusting
  • With OutReading The start Text The game wont start.
  • 3 Player is Unfair, 1 player fights no one for gold, thus geting way more gold
  • 3 Player bug that the top player doesn't get a barracks and the player not playing gets one

duderock101

Reaction score
"With OutReading The start Text The game wont start." - Dont understand ^^

"3 Player is Unfair, 1 player fights no one for gold, thus geting way more gold"
Yer its meant for 1v1 or 2v2 or 4 player ffa.

"3 Player bug that the top player doesn't get a barracks and the player not playing gets one" Not a bug, if a team is being played then their buildings will be removed.

rover2341

Is riding a roller coaster...Wee!
Reaction score
1. The First time I tried it I didn't read anything. Waited for 10 min and quit. The 2ed time I read the text and typed ffa. and it worked fine. So You dont have to change anything, But if they dont read the start text, then the game will never start. I suggest Change it to where they click ffa or Team, so its more straight forward or auto start one after 30 sec if they don't pick.

2.Understood, But I am suggesting that the case of 3 player have only 3 places spawn gold and randomly have them move from one of the 3 corners. So Its fair.

3. Perhaps I wasn't clear , Or perhaps I don't understand. Basically when I played there were only 3 players playing. Only 2 out of the 3 players had a barracks.

If any of these are unclear or your pretty sure I don't get it. Ill get a replay and point out what I mean, I am not the best with words.

duderock101

Reaction score
1. The First time I tried it I didn't read anything. Waited for 10 min and quit. The 2ed time I read the text and typed ffa. and it worked fine. So You dont have to change anything, But if they dont read the start text, then the game will never start. I suggest Change it to where they click ffa or Team, so its more straight forward or auto start one after 30 sec if they don't pick.

Taken on board, ill do that :)
2.Understood, But I am suggesting that the case of 3 player have only 3 places spawn gold and randomly have them move from one of the 3 corners. So Its fair.

Sure, ill look into that as well

3. Perhaps I wasn't clear , Or perhaps I don't understand. Basically when I played there were only 3 players playing. Only 2 out of the 3 players had a barracks.

Never heard of this bug or experienced it before :S Did they have no barracks but a castle. If they didn't have a castle then they must of left :S

EDIT: I've changed the design of the first post to make it more easier to understand what the game is about. :)

duderock101

Reaction score
BUMP

I've released a new version, changed the main post and fixed lots and lots of buggy bugs

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Varine Varine:
    I ordered like five blocks for 15 dollars. They're just little aluminum blocks with holes drilled into them
  • Varine Varine:
    They are pretty much disposable. I have shitty nozzles though, and I don't think these were designed for how hot I've run them
  • Varine Varine:
    I tried to extract it but the thing is pretty stuck. Idk what else I can use this for
  • Varine Varine:
    I'll throw it into my scrap stuff box, I'm sure can be used for something
  • Varine Varine:
    I have spare parts for like, everything BUT that block lol. Oh well, I'll print this shit next week I guess. Hopefully it fits
  • Varine Varine:
    I see that, despite your insistence to the contrary, we are becoming a recipe website
  • Varine Varine:
    Which is unique I guess.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Actually I was just playing with having some kind of mention of the food forum and recipes on the main page to test and see if it would engage some of those people to post something. It is just weird to get so much traffic and no engagement
  • The Helper The Helper:
    So what it really is me trying to implement some kind of better site navigation not change the whole theme of the site
  • Varine Varine:
    How can you tell the difference between real traffic and indexing or AI generation bots?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    The bots will show up as users online in the forum software but they do not show up in my stats tracking. I am sure there are bots in the stats but the way alot of the bots treat the site do not show up on the stats
  • Varine Varine:
    I want to build a filtration system for my 3d printer, and that shit is so much more complicated than I thought it would be
  • Varine Varine:
    Apparently ABS emits styrene particulates which can be like .2 micrometers, which idk if the VOC detectors I have can even catch that
  • Varine Varine:
    Anyway I need to get some of those sensors and two air pressure sensors installed before an after the filters, which I need to figure out how to calculate the necessary pressure for and I have yet to find anything that tells me how to actually do that, just the cfm ratings
  • Varine Varine:
    And then I have to set up an arduino board to read those sensors, which I also don't know very much about but I have a whole bunch of crash course things for that
  • Varine Varine:
    These sensors are also a lot more than I thought they would be. Like 5 to 10 each, idk why but I assumed they would be like 2 dollars
  • Varine Varine:
    Another issue I'm learning is that a lot of the air quality sensors don't work at very high ambient temperatures. I'm planning on heating this enclosure to like 60C or so, and that's the upper limit of their functionality
  • Varine Varine:
    Although I don't know if I need to actually actively heat it or just let the plate and hotend bring the ambient temp to whatever it will, but even then I need to figure out an exfiltration for hot air. I think I kind of know what to do but it's still fucking confusing
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Maybe you could find some of that information from AC tech - like how they detect freon and such
  • Varine Varine:
    That's mostly what I've been looking at
  • Varine Varine:
    I don't think I'm dealing with quite the same pressures though, at the very least its a significantly smaller system. For the time being I'm just going to put together a quick scrubby box though and hope it works good enough to not make my house toxic
  • Varine Varine:
    I mean I don't use this enough to pose any significant danger I don't think, but I would still rather not be throwing styrene all over the air

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.