Votes: 4 14.3%

• Total voters
M

Macintuss

Name: ViG's Golem Wars

Icon:
VigsGolemWarsz.jpg

Map Page Location: (Epicwar.com) http://epicwar.com/maps/65091/
Direct Link to Download: (Epicwar.com) http://epicwar.com/maps/download/65091/ViG%27s%20Golem%20Wars%20OPTD.w3x

Players: 2-8 (Free For All)

Current Version: 1.08 New!

Background: This is a map based off of the Star Craft map - Golem Wars. I had seen it implemented in Warcraft 3 but it was protected so I had to just redo the whole thing. This is my first [basically]completed map and I received all my help from this website.

Gameplay: You select a golem type to spawn, that unit will be created in your base every 3 seconds (change this unit type at any time) and this unit will upgrade at 500, and 1500 kills. Every 15 kills you will be rewarded 1 golem piece. Use this piece to do one of three things, Gamble it (33% chance to win two), combine three in any combo on beacons above them, or combine three in the red "hero" beacon to create a hero golem piece. Use 3 Hero Golem Pieces to create a hero golem by combining in any combo on the beacons, or combine 4 on the "ultimate" teal beacon to create a ultimate golem piece which you can use to cast powerful abilities. The objective of this map is to destroy everyone's stronghold and be the last one standing.

Extra Info: Although this map was made for online play you can play with computers. There is a quick tutorial at the start of the map to make sure you have the gist of it.

PLEASE: If you download this map leave some feedback, I want to know how to make my map better. Any ideas, comments, suggestions, hate/love toward the map is appreciated! (that's why I posted it here!)

Thank You

:)

EDIT: New Version: Various Issues & Bugs Fixed!

Hmm seems like two people have voted in the "poll"......yet I have no actual feedback.....

K Thanks for the tip pure, here are some screens:

Here is where you make your golem combinations
GolemCreation.jpg

Here are all the Golems and Golem Heros you can create in my map.
GolemsandGolemHeros.jpg

This is where you select your Golem type to spawn.
SelectingHero.jpg

Here are ultimates you get to use with an Ultimate Golem Piece.
UltimateGolemCreation.jpg

Here is my whole map zoomed out.
wholemap.jpg

M

Macintuss

Super Bump......... bump, nudge, jab, jog, jostle, poke, poke (with the elbow), prod, push, shove, touch..... w/e

:thdown:​

Sooda

Diversity enchants
Reaction score
It's more like a map makers forum, if you wish some tips or help you will get load of it, getting forum members actually trying your map out seems tricky.

Though I do my best and will try & give feedback tomorrow.

PureOwnage

Minecraft Server OP, Inactive.
Reaction score
It's more like a map makers forum, if you wish some tips or help you will get load of it, getting forum members actually trying your map out seems tricky.

Though I do my best and will try & give feedback tomorrow.
I can't even play so that's why I'm not trying it.

Sooda

Diversity enchants
Reaction score
Quick notes:

If more than 3 "pieces" goes on Circle of Power nothing happens that includes units standing on other Circle of Powers.

I had always run over the Circle of Power which commands my units to order them all at once to attack enemy base.

Too many units, food cap 125, made in the end units respond with delay. In my opinion food cap should be around 50 per player.

Golems where weak and got killed easily, massing army anytime was better than "building" golems.

Lack of strategy, sending army just to kill them self. I realized attacking main base was more useful.

Leaderboard twitched and players with same score were swapping places, I suggest updating board when unit gets kill not periodically.

My game with full house computers last 26 minutes, long game. Will in multiplayer game last shorter?

I think you wanted to keep Starcraft map atmosphere, but with World Editor you can make map much cooler.

It is more for Starcraft Golem map fans (I haven't played it myself) and for newcomers it might seem bit dull to just point and click.

Nice thing was rank system and most important is that you finished map! Getting map popular is difficult task also it depends on for who map is made.
I saved replay also (Warcraft version 1.22a, map version 1.08).

EDIT:
Voted 5, average.

Attachments

• Titan Golems 26 min Single Win vers 1.0.w3g
    116.6 KB · Views: 337
M

Macintuss

First off Sooda, thanks for testing my map and providing feedback.

To get to the points you made:

If more than 3 "pieces" goes on Circle of Power nothing happens that includes units standing on other Circle of Powers.

I had always run over the Circle of Power which commands my units to order them all at once to attack enemy base.

I'm aware of the 3 golem parts issue, however just take the "4" off and just put on three..... Having your mass attacker on a beacon or having units in the red golem upgrade beacon does not make the golem creation not work, so i don't know what your talking about when you say "I had always run over the Circle of Power which commands my units to order them all at once to attack enemy base."

Too many units, food cap 125, made in the end units respond with delay. In my opinion food cap should be around 50 per player.
50 units per player would suck ass dude, thats nothing, i know at 125 the game begins to lag a bit but its not that bad and no 3 people ever have a full army of 125 (very rare).

Golems where weak and got killed easily, massing army anytime was better than "building" golems.
Some golems are weak, others are not, some give buffs and therefore they are weak (or they serve some other purpose other than tanking). Getting golems is worth it..... i don't see how it wouldn't be (golem hero is a must, but you can only get one)

Lack of strategy, sending army just to kill them self. I realized attacking main base was more useful.
Lol lack of strategy? Well if you do just that "sending army just to kill them self" then yeah its your fault for not implementing strategy. SOME! types of strategy include mixing up your unit types between casters, ranged, melee, healers ETC. Getting golems of a certain type to aid your army (for example having a couple mortor golems to back up your troops when you attack). Units Level up to level 5, another strategy is to micro your "higher level" units. So by lack of strategy I'm sorry i have to disagree.

Leaderboard twitched and players with same score were swapping places, I suggest updating board when unit gets kill not periodically.
The Board DOES upgrade every time a unit is killed (who's map were you playing???)

My game with full house computers last 26 minutes, long game. Will in multiplayer game last shorter?
Are you serious...?. 26 min is very short. Have you ever played a game of wc3 online, I VERY rarely only play a map for 26 min, its usually 30 min at the least. Online can last anywhere to about an hour.

I think you wanted to keep Starcraft map atmosphere, but with World Editor you can make map much cooler.
That's why I added heros, abilities on units like critical strike, etc. There can ALWAYS be more that i can do to this map, i just need guidance and real suggestions.

It is more for Starcraft Golem map fans (I haven't played it myself) and for newcomers it might seem bit dull to just point and click.
It's for anyone that want to play a custom map, that's like saying RPG's are only for people who like to play dungeons and dragons.... wrong. Not too many people know about Golem Wars in War Craft unless they played SC but to say that its dull and just point and click?....re- read strategy.

Nice thing was rank system and most important is that you finished map! Getting map popular is difficult task also it depends on for who map is made.
Rank system? you mean leaders? Map isn't finished completely but yeah it's getting there. I know getting it popular is near impossible and i don't expect it to be constantly hosted. It's intended for EVERYONE.

I saved replay also (Warcraft version 1.22a, map version 1.08).
Don't need it, thanks though.

Thanks for the review, your the only person to leave feedback on this website and actually try this map....which is posted in the members projects.....where members post there maps...

Heh someone gave this a "0".... at least let me know why, douche-bag.

Sirroelivan

Gunnerkrigg Court
Reaction score
I just tried your map.

I found it an entertaining map, definitely above the average map hosted on battlenet. I really enjoyed the way changing your spawn really made a difference.

Some minor issues: the attachement you create when a unit promotes to leader doesn't disappear after death.

You should give passive abilities a passive button. If you like, I could make passive buttons of the buttons your using.

Good Job:thup:

M

Macintuss

First off, as always, thank you Sirroelivan for trying out my map AND leaving a report.

I found it an entertaining map, definitely above the average map hosted on battlenet. I really enjoyed the way changing your spawn really made a difference.
Thanks I'm happy to hear that.

Some minor issues: the attachement you create when a unit promotes to leader doesn't disappear after death.
Yeah I've noticed that too but i really don't know how I could remove them right on death (do you?). They disappear i believe in 30 seconds or so.

You should give passive abilities a passive button. If you like, I could make passive buttons of the buttons your using.
Which abilities are you referring to? The only one that's coming to mind is the "ghost" ability by a couple of golems and a hero golem.

Thanks for testing my map out and giving me some feedback Sirroelivan.

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
Stop being so sore about everything. :D It sometimes take time for things to happen with school and all coming soon.

I'll try it out. :)

M

Macintuss

Stop being so sore about everything. It sometimes take time for things to happen with school and all coming soon.

Um, Lol???? The only sore part was waiting a couple weeks for a reply to this post (I re-posted instead of bumped a couple times), other than that im content with the reply's so far.

I'll try it out.

Cool, thanks.

Sirroelivan

Gunnerkrigg Court
Reaction score
For example the leader ability and the abilities of the bunker are passives, but have an active ability icon.

You add the attachement for the leader ability via triggers, am i correct? Instead of doing this, just add the attachement in your leaderability.

M

Macintuss

For example the leader ability and the abilities of the bunker are passives, but have an active ability icon.
So you mean make new icons for the leaders and bunker abilities?

You add the attachment for the leader ability via triggers, am i correct?
Yeah.

Instead of doing this, just add the attachment in your leader ability.

Ah, good good. I'll try that out, thanks.

Sirroelivan

Gunnerkrigg Court
Reaction score
I could just adjust the icons you're using with GIMP. For example, here is the icon your using as leader ability converted to a passive ability.

You just have to import them.

Attachments

• PASBTNLeader.blp
    10.4 KB · Views: 336
  • DISPASBTNLeader.blp
    8.7 KB · Views: 310

Sirroelivan

Gunnerkrigg Court
Reaction score
If you want some of the other icons to be turned into passives, just say so, it's hardly an effort.

(Note: import them as passives)
ReplaceableTextures\PassiveButtons\PASBTN + Button Name + .blp for the icon and
ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtonsDisabled\DISPASBTN + Button name + .blp for the disabled button.

Sooda

Diversity enchants
Reaction score
I didn't knew I can change units spawned. I got always marines?. I meant mass attacker, who I ordered to patrol over bacon so all units spawned were issued order when they spawned.

If you tell there is strategy, I believe you.

supercouille

Reaction score
U need to fix this map. Assasin hero's spell are too strong. acid bomb is just too much on it's own, and you added permanent invisibility. wtf were you thinking? Balance issues with heroes, some are useless some are strong.

Edit: Do you remember any aoe in SC's version?

Happy

Reaction score
Macintuss ive played your map a couple of times now and there are some things i dislike and some thing i really liked...

first of all if you are base camping (like the half of the guys i played with >.<) until you have max food cap and then attack anyone who has hardly no unit at his base theres no way to prevent to die...so if one does it everyone stay at his base to survive...that sucks...i would say you add a skill to the main building that costs some golem pieces (the normal ones) and increases attack speed and damage of the main building or creates some units with timer that fights for you or anything helpful...

secondly there a hero golem with the model of the glaive thrower...it has 2500 range and fast attack speed and icreadable high damage aoe skills o_O you just have to move it a bit from you main building and you can easily kill the units or the base of the players beside you...or if you attack it you just have to use a skill and kill/stun every unit attacking you....that really really really sucks...

third thing i disliked was if someone has the level 2 golems (or however you call them^^) he just has to wait a lil bit until he has 15 knights and 15 marines (the level 2 units of them) and you can easily kill about 60-70 of any lvl 1 golems...therefore you get masses of ultimate golem pieces then and can easily kill the bases/units of the other guys by creating masses of towers behind their bases...unbalced like hell...sry for saying that...

then i disliked that you cant reive your hero...i had sometimes a lvl 30 hero and someone ran after it with about 50 marines and his hero lvl 25 or so...and just kills my hero so i have to make a new one...or they just waited with a ultimate golem piece until my high lvl hero ran into the middle (lvl 50 hero can kill hardly everything^^) and then kill all units in the middle....that sucks too...

then theres something with the trigger that orders the units to run somewhere (when you run into a circle to order them)...if about 400 units are on the map the half of my units rested at my base o_O or 3 units ran into the middle for example and "hours" after they reached the middle another team of 3-10 unit started to move and so on...you should improve it...

then 1 little thing....after about 30 minutes of playing sometimes someone blocked the circle to get the better golem pieces with these better golem pieces...i was unable to click the circle or order them i any other way to go into the circle...you should avoid this...

so enough critique ^.^ i really liked that you can have million of different teams of units...also that you can have many different hero golems...also the system with these pieces is really nice...

altogether i really like the map but it have to get some improvements/changes...

greetz happy

fatgui

Reaction score
i leked your map

hey

i know i post this realy late but anyway.
i realy like your map and i tried it like 15 times with all my friend.
but the thing abot holding the midle during 15 sec is like to long i would have put 10 or 7 sec.As someone else said somgolem are weak like driad or others like that. i would like you to make another super version of this map an by the way when artillary hero is lv 30 or higher it became to stron i killed every one with only this hero :cool:
bye

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.