Google +

DDRtists

ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ ɹǝdns
Reaction score
I'm with Sqrage on this one. Business people on a social site? Facebook does it too, it's just that Google tells you they're doing it. :)

DM Cross

You want to see a magic trick?
Reaction score
Has anyone else ever noticed that Google is constantly trying to do what EVERYONE ELSE is doing? Any time some huge internet wonder comes out, eventually Google has it's own version.

They were just a bloody search engine!

I can't wait for Bing to start doing this. Bing+, the new and improved stupid thing of tomorrow!

Brought to you by the morons who need a bloody girlfriend...

Darthfett

Aerospace/Cybersecurity Software Engineer
Reaction score
Has anyone else ever noticed that Google is constantly trying to do what EVERYONE ELSE is doing? Any time some huge internet wonder comes out, eventually Google has it's own version.

They were just a bloody search engine!

I can't wait for Bing to start doing this. Bing+, the new and improved stupid thing of tomorrow!

Brought to you by the morons who need a bloody girlfriend...

If I recall correctly, Google actually made a statement about why they do all these kinds of side projects. Aside from motivating employees by allowing them to work on whatever they want in some of their time, Google hopes to gain from minor improvements here and there. They want to build a phone OS, so that phone OS's will in general improve (and therefore expand the market for people using Google to search). They make their own browser/netbook OS/netbooks so that competition will again, improve the market.

In my honest opinion, it's a very smart decision.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.