Sci/Tech Google's self-guided car could drive the next wave of unemployment

Varine

And as the moon rises, we shall prepare for war
Reaction score
No one died. The first time the guy ran into the side of me and fell across the hood. The second time I don't really know what the fuck happened but he ended up breaking my passenger window. Third one someone just ran into the back of me when I was stopped, didn't really do anything. The fourth time he merged into me on the highway... that one was bad, I thought he died. Then he popped right back up and was like sorry dude, I didn't see you. A lot of people run into me for some reason...

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
No one died. The first time the guy ran into the side of me and fell across the hood. The second time I don't really know what the fuck happened but he ended up breaking my passenger window. Third one someone just ran into the back of me when I was stopped, didn't really do anything. The fourth time he merged into me on the highway... that one was bad, I thought he died. Then he popped right back up and was like sorry dude, I didn't see you. A lot of people run into me for some reason...
Maybe you should consider to ride on the correct lane next time?
Would help you at least with that problem.

phyrex1an

Staff Member and irregular helper
Reaction score
I ride a motor bike and am so scared of this concept... I hope it sees motorbikers more than normal drivers do. It's bad enough as it is...
The google cars have 360 degree vision. Unlike a human, they don't have a blind spot. Also, for a computer the driving speed doesn't matter at all. If it can see a human while driving 10km/h it can see a motor bike while driving at 110km/h.

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
What if it becomes self aware and starts racing people?
Then we can hunt them down and have invented a new sport. It will become a great game beloved by everyone around the world and the most famous google-car-hunters will be hailed like super stars.
Hungry families in africa will be fed with the prey "animals" and the notion of killing helpless cars will unite the entire mankind to a brotherhood of peace.

FireCat

Oh Shi.. Don't wake the tiger!
Reaction score
I like the sound of that, tell me more.
I'm Just wondering what the self-guided car would do. Well, If there's no way to turn round etc... The same thing with the Mouse or Bigger animals. hmmm

Slapshot136

Divide et impera
Reaction score
I'm Just wondering what the self-guided car would do. Well, If there's no way to turn round etc... The same thing with the Mouse or Bigger animals. hmmm

probably the best thing that it can do, honk, brake, and turn away - not much more you can do about that.. except maybe dim the headlights for deer

FireCat

Oh Shi.. Don't wake the tiger!
Reaction score
probably the best thing that it can do, honk, brake, and turn away - not much more you can do about that.. except maybe dim the headlights for deer
Maybe. But many other vehicles can be on the road even behind you.. Well, there is no room whatsoever for anything not even for a self-guided car. Right?

Slapshot136

Divide et impera
Reaction score
Maybe. But many other vehicles can be on the road even behind you.. Well, there is no room whatsoever for anything not even for a self-guided car. Right?

another car behind, that would instantly be alerted to the braking of the first car, and brake themselves? yes, that sounds about right - also, these cars wouldn't speed in neighborhoods/school zones, so braking from 25 mph or so would only take a second (yes it might not be pleasant for those within the car.. )

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.