Sports Got Pancaked? Being Crew Member Getting To Be The Pits

tom_mai78101

The Helper Connoisseur / Ex-MineCraft Host
Staff member
Reaction score
56TTYcv.gif

If this continues, race teams soon will be sending out SOS's for crew volunteers.

Ty Manseau, a member of Michael Andretti's crew, was run over by Andretti as the driver left the pits during Sunday's Miller Lite 225 FedEx CART series race in West Allis, Wis. The left rear tire of Andretti's car rolled over Manseau's torso and head, which, fortunately, was protected by a helmet.

Manseau, the team's vent man, was examined for possible spinal damage at Froedtert Memorial Lutheran Hospital, and released.

Talk about a lucky guy. . .

Manseau is the third Indy-car crewman in the last two weeks to suffer an injury after being hit by a car.

Steve Fried, chief mechanic for rookie Robby McGehee's team, was hospitalized after a pit accident during the Indianapolis 500. He is in fair condition.

Last edited by a moderator:

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
That looks hillarious. If only those other guys wouldnt stand in the way.
But I bet somebody on the internet can photoshop them out.

Wummi

Just Relax and Smile!
Reaction score
To be quite frank, if you think something like this is hilarious, then you probably lack sympathy and empathy. How is this hilarious? That guy could have died or became disabled for life. (No flaming intentions here). If you were that guy, you would definitely not think it is one bit funny. You'd be thanking God you lived.
Hope these drivers be more careful in the future.

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
To be quite frank, if you think something like this is hilarious, then you probably lack sympathy and empathy. How is this hilarious?
Simple answer: I am not that guy.
If he chooses to work this job he should know about the dangers. If he is not careful, or is working for people who are not careful, then its his own fault.
The world is no sugar candy wonderland. If you do something stupid you gonna pay for it. And since humans are natural cannibals everybody else will enjoy your demise.

Wummi

Just Relax and Smile!
Reaction score
The day you get hit by a car in a hilarious fashion and it's the other driver's fault and you become disabled for life, how are you going to feel if the video goes viral and someone says:

That looks hillarious. If only those other guys wouldnt stand in the way.
But I bet somebody on the internet can photoshop them out.

in the comments?

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
I guess it wouldnt change a bit about my situation. Its bound to happen, this is how the internet works, and probably a million more people said it all over the world already.

KMilz

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Wummi must've missed the thread where the 8-year old bride was fucked to death on her honeymoon if he/she is this offended by your attitude of someone getting hit by a car.

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
Not even hit by a car, just run over while the car was starting.
I mean, like, why did he not just jump to the side when he realized the car was starting? You can hear the motor, you can feel it moving. Besides, why stand exactly in front of the tire?
Its hillarious, through and through.

Varine

And as the moon rises, we shall prepare for war
Reaction score
It's true, it was highly entertaining. I also concur that that douche's arm is in the way, and therefor the full comical effect is diminished by approximately a good half.

The day you get hit by a car in a hilarious fashion and it's the other driver's fault and you become disabled for life, how are you going to feel if the video goes viral and someone says:

in the comments?

Since when does it matter what anyone else thinks?

Slapshot136

Divide et impera
Reaction score
You can hear the motor, you can feel it moving. Besides, why stand exactly in front of the tire?
1. the motor is probably left on - why turn it off?
2. if you feel it moving, it's probably too late
3. Id guess it was his job to do something around that area (perhaps with the vents?)

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
1. the motor is probably left on - why turn it off?
2. if you feel it moving, it's probably too late
3. Id guess it was his job to do something around that area (perhaps with the vents?)
4. Get a better job. Or, if you love that job that much, get a better team.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.