Gothic Story - Rosie

esb

Because none of us are as cruel as all of us.
Reaction score
A friend of mine had to do a short Gothic story for her class. So I decided to write it up for her, since I did two years ago :p

It is just a typical day at school, or so everyone thinks it is. It isn't for Rosie, and not just because teachers are giving out report cards, but because she knows today will be far from typical. As everyone else waits for the big hand to hit thirty, the mark of the end of the day, Rosie wishes time could continue no further. For the note that she found earlier in her backpack brings her dread and fear like nothing else. If only death could save her. But Rosie knows that it will haunt her even after she is gone. It's time to go, and since it's a Friday, the school closes early and Rosie is forced to go to her house. Taking slow steps she passes through her neighborhood filled with big trees that shadow over her. They seem as if they are showing her the way, to it. It's unexplainable the fear that she has, but it follows her day and night, in light and darkness, but mostly in light. As she reaches her house and walks up its three steps, she feels a thousand eyes upon her, and shivers. She knows they are everywhere, they are unavoidable.
She pulls out the note from her sweater's pocket, opens it and reads it: "In light or not, I feel your presence. In or out, I feel like your peasant. Up or down, I know I'm better. Dead or alive, I will go to heaven." As she finishes reading it, she knows the last five words are a lie to herself. They grab her and pull her in front of her door. She yells to her mother, but it seems she makes no sound. It's so quiet and peaceful, the torment. They consume her silently, and she simply falls to the floor, holds her knees, and rocks back and forth. Many doctors have tried to treat her, but her phobia is incomprehensible. I guess it was finally too much and Rosie's fear of shadows got to her.

esb

Reaction score
Good? Bad? Alright?

esb

Reaction score
Since it was in 1st person, it was written by her. Well that's what I aimed at. I wrote it in a few minutes >_<

Zakyath

Reaction score
Since it was in 1st person, it was written by her. Well that's what I aimed at. I wrote it in a few minutes >_<

I didn't really understand what was gothic in it, you could at least have thrown in some spaghetti western clothes on her or something:p I don't read many stories here, mostly because I'm not that into reading short stories, but I managed to get through this one - it had a nice flow, and that's all about what I can say about it (liked the rhyming thing towards the end, too) - but as I said, short stories aren't my thing. I don't think that short stories present the characters, theme, story, etc. in a fair way because it is so limited.

esb

Reaction score
Ah thanks. Well for her assignment, gothic had to be sort of scary (Not in the sense of a headless guy chasing and killing people), depressing and sort of dark. With a touch of paranormal.

Thank you for taking the effor to read. I on the other hand love and prefer short stories, however probably a chunk longer than this one xD

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.