Gotta Catch Them All Again! Generation 5 Pokemon seems to be confirmed...

tom_mai78101

The Helper Connoisseur / Ex-MineCraft Host
Staff member
Reaction score
Geez...It won't stop Generation 5 Pokemon from coming into stores near you.

Jaujarahje

I have now changed this in the User CP
Reaction score
I still enjoy pokemon, pokemon on the gameboy up to gold. The new ones are bullshit with stupid pokemon that just dont seem to have the same effect as the old ones. WAY too many pokemon now.

codemonkey

Code monkey not crazy, just proud.
Reaction score
Yes the first series was awesome. Using Pokemon Stadium to cheat to get tons of level 100 pokemons in Red, Blue and Yellow. = good times, good times

Monsterous

In the Shadows, Lurking.
Reaction score
I think we can all agree here Red and Blue were great. (I still play it now and again, and complete it on holidays abroad)
And that after that pokemon went into the same stuff over and over again for the moneyz.

One thing that if someone could clarify for me: At the start, there was only 150 pokemon... [excluding mew]
...people thought there was only 150...
...THEN 150 (etc etc) more pop up out of nowhere near civilizations etc?

Is this the case? Or was it region by region, so actually in the whole world of pokemon theres like 10,000.

tom_mai78101

The Helper Connoisseur / Ex-MineCraft Host
Staff member
Reaction score
It was region by region. 4 different regional classes of Pokemon, totalling a 493.

Probably a new region existing for the Asian countries, the Americas, or Europe, other than Japan.

Unless Generation 5 included new mechanics yet to be seen. After HeartGold and SoulSilver, there won't be any remakes. So, it should be something completely new.

Monsterous

In the Shadows, Lurking.
Reaction score
Maybe it's Pokemon... IN SPACE!!!
Or in the future when we colonize the moon.

Tru_Power22

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
I may give it a shot. They may be childish games, but they are a guilty pleasure. Plus I played my first Pokemon game in like the first grade, so I have nostalgia.

KillerChi

Reaction score
@Monsterous, there are already some moon pokemon. Such as Palkia, or Celefable/Clefairy, Jigglyy Puff, and probably a few more legendary pokemon.

More pokemon, of course, Nintendo wants more money. 1st and 2nd gen are my faves, 4 was better than 3rd. In order best to worst is:
2>1>4>3>4. 4th gen was pretty cool, 3rd gen had the corniest pokemon of all time, 4th wasn't as bad. Gold/Silver/Crystal were my favorite because all the pokemon which were more on the badass side. The 3 Starter pokemon are badass, same with Red/Blue/Yellow. I liked 4th gen. Get pass the kiddie factor, Pokemon is a legit game, Nintendo loves those young'uns, not the older guys.(Did I just call thew awesomest game company with my 2nd favorite system a pedophile?) I'm probably going to preorder gen 5.

Does this news really surprise you? A company says they're going to be idiots and kill a series, such as they did with Halo or Pokemon. That way, when they do release another, everybody freaks out.

I feel like I'm the only one who actually likes the Pokemon games, I simply didn't like 3rd gen as much. I guess I'll go play crystal.

Why is this in the Movies & TV section, this about a game........

DM Cross

You want to see a magic trick?
Reaction score
I think I have Pokemon Diamond... And FireRed.

Can't help it. Gotta love these games, despite the fact that it's always the same bloody thing over and over again.

Then again. So is Zelda. And we lap it up like dogs, anyway.

Speaking of which. I never did beat Twilight Princess o_O Hmm.

Lobster

Old Fogey ofthe site
Reaction score
I personally dislike pokemon. Not because its a kids game, but because you only get 4 abilities per pokemon.

KillerChi

Reaction score
I think I have Pokemon Diamond... And FireRed.

Can't help it. Gotta love these games, despite the fact that it's always the same bloody thing over and over again.

Then again. So is Zelda. And we lap it up like dogs, anyway.

Speaking of which. I never did beat Twilight Princess o_O Hmm.

Amen to that, brother. Only Nintendo can get away with it(I can think of another game company that repeats the same thing over and over again and get away with it.)
Zelda tends to get different puzzles.

Pokemon is always a trio of legendary pokemon, 3 immpossible to find starters you pick. A bird Pokemon with 3 evolutions found throughout the game, final evolution is deadly. I'm still looking forward to Gen. 5 and HeartGold/SoulSilver.

DM Cross

You want to see a magic trick?
Reaction score
I personally dislike pokemon. Not because its a kids game, but because you only get 4 abilities per pokemon.

Like Heroes in WC3? :rolleyes:

crystalguard

Reaction score
I used to be a huge pokemon fan, i still play it from time to time on road trips. over the years ive had yellow blue silver gold crystal yellow ruby saphire emerald and fire red. but truthfully the game needs a massive overhaul. sending it to a new planet and changing the pokemon is a start if anything. they need somthing to keep player entertained, add some rpg elements maybe. a cloning center that allows you to choose your pokemon's stats (agility / Intel / Strength / etc.) add some dungons which have some powered up pokemon at the end (not ledgendary but somthing like a Charmander that learns Lightning Moves such as shockwave and Thunder) maybe add another puzzle involving the "Unknown" maybe some vechicals other then bikes. maybe some jets? ATVs? the game needs to evolve like the Final Fantasy series did. If they don't keep it current it will die. sooner or later it WILL die.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.