GPU roaring? You may be infected...

Syndrome

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
...by a bitcoin generating virus. Like I am.

http://www.dailytech.com/GPU+Roarin...Bitcoin+Trojan+Says+Symantec/article22474.htm

This thing is a hell on earth to destroy as it prevents you from going on the net, violates your GPU and CPU making them scream in pain, and replicates itself on any external storage devices. I learned the hard way by backing my files up to a hard-drive that the virus stores itself in everything and got my second computer infected.

I've tried everything, reformatting, Norton 360, Norton Power Erase, Spybot Search and Destroy, AVG, and IOBit Malware Fighter.
And out of all of these, only IOBit Malware Fighter can detect and destroy it. Norton Power Eraser can brute-force your internet, keeping it open long enough for me to download IOBit Malware Fighter.

If you hear your GPU screaming, get NPE before it's too late. It'll save you hours trying to re-establish internet connections.

sqrage

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the heads up to everyone. Wonder if Malwarebytes would get rid of it.

UndeadDragon

Super Moderator
Reaction score
That's very interesting. I haven't heard of many like that before.

JerseyFoo

1/g = g-1
Reaction score
Wonder what silly thing you have to do in order to get infected with this one. It's been so long since I had a virus =(

Syndrome

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
I simply plugged in an infected thumbdrive to get some notes.
That's all it takes.

Slapshot136

Divide et impera
Reaction score
I simply plugged in an infected thumbdrive to get some notes.
That's all it takes.

it also requires the operating system to have "auto run" enabled, and have the user NOT hold shift while plugging in said device - you only need 1 or the other to avoid this

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.