Reaction score
Still waiting for a response from Ryoko... wonder where he is :(

Anyways, I was bored so I made a picture of the infernus :D

Attachments

• Infernuz.png
    Infernuz.png
    47.2 KB · Views: 298
Reaction score
ok this is the best ever...it had under glow lights(red Stuff)...Bright lights(yellow stuff infront of car)...and a spoiler(in back of car)...This is also known as the Pimp Mobile...Have a nice day...

This was a joke!or was it... :D

Attachments

• The lil pimpster haha!.png
    The lil pimpster haha!.png
    50.9 KB · Views: 291

DDRtists

ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ ɹǝdns
Reaction score
The pimp mobile better fucking be in this map rad :p

Jk

But i wanna ask how you did the thing with the speed being better on the concrete, did you just make a bunch of regions?

Rad

Reaction score
No, theres a "Terrain-Type at Point" condition. I used that and checked for dalaran rough dirt (My street tile). When your on it your speed increases faster and is capped higher.

Also, I did another drawing :D Guess what car it is!

Attachments

• Nope you cheater.png
    Nope you cheater.png
    33.6 KB · Views: 285

DDRtists

ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ ɹǝdns
Reaction score
Rad said:
No, theres a "Terrain-Type at Point" condition. I used that and checked for dalaran rough dirt (My street tile). When your on it your speed increases faster and is capped higher.

Also, I did another drawing :D Guess what car it is!

O i never knew there was the trigger :banghead:

Its a driving one :p

Rad

Reaction score
No actually it runs on train rails.... :rolleyes: its supposed to be the Manana which is basically the car I want my generi-car model to look like (I like that name :) )

EDIT~ New functions added!

Your out-of-vehicle view can now be changed with arrow keys! Up to zoom in, down to zoom out, left/right to rotate. Rotate goes back to normal SMOOTHLY when you let go, the zoom stays the same. The zoom is capped at a close-range Third Person view, and up to 1500 range (Distance to target, not height) max. Can also change view distance (Angle of attack not FarZ)

EDIT (again) ~ I used that one model from wc3search with no animations, ITS SWEET but doesnt look very good moving... its ok though (ill just hide the wheel from your view :rolleyes:

I call this one, Banshee

F

Fiends

well now it was so many posts so i didnt read them all but im still gonna say these ideas even though you might be finished with the map already
1 make it possible to go out from the cars and so that you can car jack all cars
2Ammunation
3diffrent quests
4maybe diffrent citys i like the three in vice city but it is your choice after all
5diffrent characters
6!!!!!!!!!!!!!safe house!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
7diffrent wanted levels and diffret difficulty and level of the cops dont forget the military
and at last diffrent kinds of crimes murder,assasinate,theft,grand theft auto
and bank and shop robbery oh by the way send it to me when your done with it i would appreciate it [email protected]

Reaction score
rad u can move the camera now?...let me see. Ill be on msn so you can give me a neak peak on it :D

Rad

Reaction score
Neat peak is hardly fair... :p

@Fiends ~ No the map probrably isnt 10% complete yet (As I said its a huge project) Dont be discouraged that I will give up however.

1 make it possible to go out from the cars and so that you can car jack all cars
2Ammunation
3diffrent quests
4maybe diffrent citys i like the three in vice city but it is your choice after all
5diffrent characters
6!!!!!!!!!!!!!safe house!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
7diffrent wanted levels and diffret difficulty and level of the cops dont forget the military
8 and at last diffrent kinds of crimes murder,assasinate,theft,grand theft auto
and bank and shop robbery oh by the way send it to me when your done with it i would appreciate it [email protected]

1 Is already functional, complete system that is easy to make additional cars and is totally user friendly.
2 Will be added, I havent done much weapon related (Weapons are my least concern, I still need a good car model like the one above that I can change the path for [for multiple vehicles, I can skin though])
3 Im not so sure about, there will be 'quests' but more like missions like on GTA 3, example "Follow mr. X and fight out where he is stashing the body". There will be different jobs (Look back a few posts to find my .txt attachment, it explains alot)..
4 There will be 3 region, based off GTA 3 (GTA 3 was my favorite, the rest were to easy but still fun of course). The towns will be the same too, Portland, Staunton Island, and Shoreside Vale.
5 Characters will be self-built, hopefully... I havent really got into this part yet I really wish I had a good modeler. I can skin some of the standard Warcraft units to people, I will need a few of these.
6 OF COURSE THERE WILL BE A SAFEHOUSE! If I didnt put a safehouse in I would need a safehouse from all of the angry GTA fans :D
7 Wanted levels might be a bit of a challenge, but Im hoping to get it as realistic as the real GTA
8 Different crimes Im not so sure about, well different crimes to increase wanted level of course but keeping track of what you have commited may be a bit of a challenge. Ill think about how I would be able to manipulate this into the map.

Rad

Reaction score
Neat peak is hardly fair...
Sneak peak* lol...

@mixmax2~Im not really sure what needs done right now, you could start doing items but I havent even considered how they will work. I will probrably use Channel and make an ability be unit target, or point target, then use my crimsonland 'bullet' effect. One thing you could do, find some guns and stuff (The ones on the .txt, flamethrower, pistol etc) that would make a good icon. Ill do the editing to make it Wc3 style.

EDIT~If you can find GTA screenshots with the little interface icon of them I could use that too, would be more GTA theme even :)

EDIT~2 I made the banshee a little more banshee-like, the stripes are closer and its the more "standard" GTA3 banshee color

Attachments

• Car.JPG
    Car.JPG
    6.8 KB · Views: 312
E

Erkie

Nice work.

Looks like the accumulation of vehicles is there, just not as fast.

You should determine all the vehicles that you want, determining the workload would help orientate any people we'd get onboard.

S

Slaughter

Going to get weapon icons from San Andreas, since it's on this computer already.

mase

____ ___ ____ __
Reaction score
Do u have the inferno on ur list of cars?

S

Slaughter

*infernus and yah...he posted a sketch of one.

GTA3 weapon icons are here (got smart after actually booting up San Andreas and starting to take screenshots). The empty yellow region at the bottom of each icon is for clip-ammo numbers.

You might consider using the san andreas ones instead, as they are more cartoony and might look better scaled down. You can find them here. They are black and white with transparent backgrounds, so put in whatever color you want I guess.

For the sake of completeness here are the Vice City weapon icons. They look fruity because Vice City has a fruity visual theme throughout.

By the way, the banshee looks ugly in Vice City because they wanted it to look like an 80s 'vette, I believe, which look pretty ugly compared to 90s ones.

F

Fiends

i dint mean to keep track of them just diffrent crimes so that it don't get to worn out just killing people and on the quest parts that was exactly what i meant

S

Slaughter

2 gangs, please. More than two teams usually is not good. Footies, for example: one team feeds another, and the other two teams are screwed.

E

Erkie

That's the point, but players determine which side they want to be on, you level the playing field by having each gang have their own benefit and abilities to keep the players on their toes, it's an option rather then a vital part to the game, you'd have several players entering opposing gangs and they'd go head to head.

Or they can screw it and collect their benefits by going on quests.

I'm also for player-ran police, in this aspect, we can limit the number of resources they have on hand, they have to earn the peoples respect so they can be recruited. Same thing with the gangs. I think the idea of an NPC ran system would be just too much JASS and scripting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    The bots will show up as users online in the forum software but they do not show up in my stats tracking. I am sure there are bots in the stats but the way alot of the bots treat the site do not show up on the stats
  • Varine Varine:
    I want to build a filtration system for my 3d printer, and that shit is so much more complicated than I thought it would be
  • Varine Varine:
    Apparently ABS emits styrene particulates which can be like .2 micrometers, which idk if the VOC detectors I have can even catch that
  • Varine Varine:
    Anyway I need to get some of those sensors and two air pressure sensors installed before an after the filters, which I need to figure out how to calculate the necessary pressure for and I have yet to find anything that tells me how to actually do that, just the cfm ratings
  • Varine Varine:
    And then I have to set up an arduino board to read those sensors, which I also don't know very much about but I have a whole bunch of crash course things for that
  • Varine Varine:
    These sensors are also a lot more than I thought they would be. Like 5 to 10 each, idk why but I assumed they would be like 2 dollars
  • Varine Varine:
    Another issue I'm learning is that a lot of the air quality sensors don't work at very high ambient temperatures. I'm planning on heating this enclosure to like 60C or so, and that's the upper limit of their functionality
  • Varine Varine:
    Although I don't know if I need to actually actively heat it or just let the plate and hotend bring the ambient temp to whatever it will, but even then I need to figure out an exfiltration for hot air. I think I kind of know what to do but it's still fucking confusing
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Maybe you could find some of that information from AC tech - like how they detect freon and such
  • Varine Varine:
    That's mostly what I've been looking at
  • Varine Varine:
    I don't think I'm dealing with quite the same pressures though, at the very least its a significantly smaller system. For the time being I'm just going to put together a quick scrubby box though and hope it works good enough to not make my house toxic
  • Varine Varine:
    I mean I don't use this enough to pose any significant danger I don't think, but I would still rather not be throwing styrene all over the air
  • The Helper The Helper:
    New dessert added to recipes Southern Pecan Praline Cake https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-southern-pecan-praline-cake.193555/
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Another bot invasion 493 members online most of them bots that do not show up on stats
  • Varine Varine:
    I'm looking at a solid 378 guests, but 3 members. Of which two are me and VSNES. The third is unlisted, which makes me think its a ghost.
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Some members choose invisibility mode
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I bitch about Xenforo sometimes but it really is full featured you just have to really know what you are doing to get the most out of it.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    It is just not easy to fix styles and customize but it definitely can be done
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I do know this - xenforo dropped the ball by not keeping the vbulletin reputation comments as a feature. The loss of the Reputation comments data when we switched to Xenforo really was the death knell for the site when it came to all the users that left. I know I missed it so much and I got way less interested in the site when that feature was gone and I run the site.
  • Blackveiled Blackveiled:
    People love rep, lol
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    The recipe today is Sloppy Joe Casserole - one of my faves LOL https://www.thehelper.net/threads/sloppy-joe-casserole-with-manwich.193585/
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Decided to put up a healthier type recipe to mix it up - Honey Garlic Shrimp Stir-Fry https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-honey-garlic-shrimp-stir-fry.193595/
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Here is another comfort food favorite - Million Dollar Casserole - https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-million-dollar-casserole.193614/

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.