System Graphic System

Daelin

Kelani Mage
Reaction score
As there is no resource section for spells and systems, I'll post my graphic system here as I am in great need of constructive comments. It may also prove very useful to some mappers and spellmakers around here.

The Graphic System is a library that makes certain graphical aspects in Warcraft 3 much easier. It is compatible with other systems (such as the famous Caster System) but is also independent, using its own cache functions.

Version: 1.3
Last updated: March 25 - 2007

Features
- Easily create primitive and more advanced static shapes such as circles, lines, spirals and more.
- Flexibility: manipulate the parameters of the shapes created in many ways.
- Geometrical checks
- Dynamic effect birth & death: create static objects with a slight delay between units composing them and destroy them in the same manner.
- Timed effects.
- Dynamic and static destruction of the effects.

Promising features to come
- Dynamic effects: orbiting around units/a certain point, dynamic wheels
- Lightning pools: effects with lightnings
- More static effects (eg: stars)

History:

Version 1.0 - First version of the system with the basic static shapes (circle,arc,line,spiral,hypercycloid).
- Basic geometric checks.
Version 1.1 - Dynamic birth and death shapes included.
- Radius reduction function added for safety reasons.
Version 1.2 - GS_DestroyEffectDynamic() function added.
- Timed versions of both static and dynamic (fixed) shapes added.
Version 1.21 - Epicycloid shape added and fixed a small bug with hypocycloids.
Version 1.3 - Rose shape included
- Fixed major bug which caused imperfect (and most of the times incomplete) shapes.

Credits: Thanks to Vexorian for the dummy unit model.

~Daelin

Attachments

• GraphicSystem.jpg
    GraphicSystem.jpg
    171.3 KB · Views: 1,255
  • Graphic System.w3x
    57.6 KB · Views: 795

chovynz

We are all noobs! in different states of Noobism!
Reaction score
Oh My God! Is good!

Can I test the hell out of it?

If I find things I like can I use it in my map?

Edit: at first view the included effects are awesome. On closer inspection there seems to be some odd little things that are a little...weird. The rose has a second black rose off to the left of the main fire rose. It could be the model or something else. Not sure - haven't checked the triggers/model/etc.

Very very comprehensive Readme. Understandable enough. Nice coding and it looks fairly easy to create your own effects using this system. I'm looking forward to trying things out with this.

Hero

─║╣ero─
Reaction score
This is very cool...I downloaded it from wc3camp. I think..but this seems like it includes more stuff?

Anyways I love it

+rep

Daelin

Kelani Mage
Reaction score
Edit: at first view the included effects are awesome. On closer inspection there seems to be some odd little things that are a little...weird. The rose has a second black rose off to the left of the main fire rose.

Do you actually know how the models composing the rose look? Yes... that shadow is caused by the models. I feared at first that there might be something wrong with the code. Thanks for checking them in detail though. :)

~Daelin

2-P

I will work hard tomorrow
Reaction score
Oooh trippzy shiny spells. xD

They look great, when I first saw them I feared that they would lag the hell out of my computer. So I casted all at once and the fps drop wasn't that bad. Good job.

And now less crazy systems and more RotHE. Yes?

chovynz

We are all noobs! in different states of Noobism!
Reaction score
Do you actually know how the models composing the rose look? Yes... that shadow is caused by the models. I feared at first that there might be something wrong with the code. Thanks for checking them in detail though. :)

~Daelin
Other than the fire, no I don't really know how the model looks.

:) This is why I assumed without having checked that the "issue" was with the model. Your coding is using the same format for most of the effects. If there was something wrong with the coding, then the other effects would have that offset aswell. But they didn't. Also, why would you make two roses with one offset from the other?

So I guessed that it was the model.

Besides, I know your coding well enough to be sure that there wouldn't be much wrong with it. Most of your coding (if not all at this stage) is very clean, well structured, logical and has order to it. If a person knows Jass (or is learning like me) then they can follow your coding fairly easily. You also explain things as you go which helps.

emjlr3

Change can be a good thing
Reaction score
does this include all the updates you made with it at WC3C?

in anycase, I will approve this, just make sure when yo update it that you also post the newest version

LordXavier

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
Very, very impressive, BUT I am such a noob with JASS :'( Would you know how to make graphic things like in Pudge Wars? Those would be usefull. BTW, the Flaming Epicycloid looks cool with the shadows.

Reaction score
>Would you know how to make graphic things like in Pudge Wars?
What kind of graphics are there in Pudge Wars? And you really should not expect a reply from Daelin :p..

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

• Ghan
        Administrator - Servers are fun

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.