Graphical unit inventory and talents, how?

Kazuga

Let the game begin...
Reaction score
Ok so I saw this awesome map: The Kingdom of Kaliron (tkok)
In the game you can bring up a graphical inventory of which items your unit is wearing, while not using the normal inventory. You can also buy items this way from vendors. The graphical items are selectable and can be moved, sold, bought or destroyed.

So my question is, how? I have never seen anything like this before.

SyrisX

Reaction score
there are a few similar interfaces you can download online. It requires vjass so you will need newgen/jasshelper to use.

You would be looking for something like THIS

Image link - Here (***warning**** image contains an expletive)

Kazuga

Let the game begin...
Reaction score
Sweet! This is awesome! I'm gonna try it out right away. :)

Hope it works with the latest patches, it was uploaded in 2007. =/

Edit:
Bha, when I open the map and save it, jasshelper finds a million errors... I suppose they use ways of coding that isn't supported anymore?

Edit:
Ok apperently I took the wrong map. (There were two to choose from.) The other map doesn't give any errors and I can run it, however the items icons aren't displayed in the inventory screen and I don't gain any stats from them when I put them in the gear slots...

Is there any other similar working system out there?

SyrisX

Reaction score
You might have to do a little searching, but there are others out there. Or if you have (v)jass knowledge you can try to write one yourself, though it is a huge project.

Kazuga

Let the game begin...
Reaction score
You might have to do a little searching, but there are others out there. Or if you have (v)jass knowledge you can try to write one yourself, though it is a huge project.
Well I do know a bit of vJass, I code all my spells in it. Though I have no idea how the graphical parts works... I will try to search up with something similar.

Hellscream

Reaction score
It's a bit complicated :
It uses pating blocker to create the "graphic" part and Trackable to detect mouse click

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.