Graviton Beam

Clockwork

Reaction score
Hi,

I was attempting to make a 'reverse' of the Phoenix ability anti-gravity and give it to an Immortal. Basically I would like to have a ground unit pull an air unit to the ground level and allow it to be targeted as such. I had no issue assign the ability to the Immortal and changing the target parameters, but I cannot figure out how to actually pull the ground unit down. In the ability I found the height behavior which is initially set at 3.75. Setting it to 0 will cause the air unit to remain at its current height, and it will not accept a negative value <0..>.

I even tried toying with the delta plane, but that did not have any visual effect that I could see. Does anyone have any thoughts? Thanks.

-CW

Reaction score
No minimum height field that I could find.

My conclusion after much fiddling is that, you cannot use Effects to change a unit's height below their current height value.

Clockwork

Reaction score
No minimum height field that I could find.

My conclusion after much fiddling is that, you cannot use Effects to change a unit's height below their current height value.

That seems unlikely. WC3 had abilities that lowered air units to ground, Im sure if I used triggers I could force it down, Im just sort of assuming that Galaxy is powerful enough to do this for me via effects.

This was the first ability I thought of making "for fun" and its looking grim.

EpicFlux

Reaction score
Yeah galaxy is not proving its worth so far considering the bond between units and their effects and data and triggers. My guess is to just use triggers to pull this one off. Then again this could be a parameter set for the Beta. Wait to see when the game is released and try it then.

Clockwork

Reaction score
I realized I dont even see where the abilities says that the effect target is now attackable by air.

In the Effects - Anti Gravity (persistent), there is a 'Height Map' field, but no editor tool tip describing what it does, changing it did not seem to do anything.

I figured I could take apart the ability piece by piece, but even that wont work. Like maybe have aground unit lifted in the air, but then is not attackable by air units...

Reaction score
Well... here's an idea.

Create a new Behaviour Buff, a duplicate on Default Behavior (CBehaviorBuff) and change the modifications to set the height. Then wipe clean the Anti Graviton Beam of everything but this new behaviour.

That way we'll be able to know if there really is something messing it up. (A validator perhaps?)

Clockwork

Reaction score
Well... here's an idea.

Create a new Behaviour Buff, a duplicate on Default Behavior (CBehaviorBuff) and change the modifications to set the height. Then wipe clean the Anti Graviton Beam of everything but this new behaviour.

That way we'll be able to know if there really is something messing it up. (A validator perhaps?)

That just helped me learn a lot about the editor.

I have come to the conclusion that you cannot lower the height of a unit, which was previously suggested. I have not tried it with a trigger yet, but Im sure that is how it would be done.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.