Grenade Knockback?

X-maul

AKA: Demtrod
Reaction score
Have been searching for this, but didnt seem to find it.
I want to create an item which allows you to cast a bomb on the ground and pushing enemies in the area of effect 100(range) away from center, in 0,25 sec.

I got a lot of props. So it needs to stop pushing when reaching a "not pathable" location.

I cant seem to find any way to do it, so i hope you guys wants to help me.
(I would love to have it in MUI)

EDIT: btw it's only possible to cast it once at a time per player, and should not effect mechanicals.

Sirroelivan

Gunnerkrigg Court
Reaction score
There is a boolean condition that checks for various types of pathability.
(Environment - Terrain pathing is off)

To check if a certain point is not walkable, use this for example:

Trigger:
  • (Terrain pathing at Point of type Walkability is off) Equal to True

Basically, a certain type of terrain pathing (walkable, flyable, buildable) is off if it 's not accessible for that certain pathing-type. So a point being unbuildable would correspond for it being of for "Buildability". A point being unwalkable would correspond to it being of for "Walkability". And so on...

X-maul

AKA: Demtrod
Reaction score
ok - thanks, that was one issue, but my real problem is that I dont know how to knock a unit back like that?

LurkerAspect

Now officially a Super Lurker
Reaction score
You need JASS to make it work really nicely. Search around the tutorials and resources threads to find a suitable system. Your other option is to use Sevion's EGUI, which has an integrated GUI knockback system.

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
you dont need jass.
simple sliding systems are easy to make with GUI.

basically you need 1 points, the position where your unit is currently and the position to which it got to be knocked back.
the first position is easy to get.
the second position is easy to get as well. what you need is the range and the angle.
the range is most probably fixed i guess, the angle is the facing of the unit. thats everything we need.
Trigger:
  • Set First_Point = (Position of (Triggering unit))
    • Set Second_Point = (First_Point offset by RANGE towards (Facing of (Triggering unit)) degrees)

thats how it would look like in GUI. moving the Triggering unit of some trigger obviously.

now the hard part of those sliding systems is keeping that stuff periodically and MUI and making it work well with the other games mechanics.

for example, to make it MUI you would need a unit group in which all units who should be knocked backed are saved in.
periodically iterate through all units in that group and move them according to the points i gave you.

the other thing is if you want to set the units X/Y or to move it instantly.
the first one is only possible with jass and might glitch sometimes.
the second one is pretty easy but will stun the units will knocking them back.

if its okay if the targets are stunned just move them with GUI.

and btw, the boolean comparison to check whether a point is pathable does NOT count destructables or units / structures.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.