Gui,Jass, and vJass

Viikuna

No Marlo no game.
Reaction score
> but there are parts of jass i think are easyer to code in the gui. but thats just me.
Can you give me an example ?

I dont know about GUI, but some BJs are really usefull, like BJDebugMsg and TriggerRegisterAnyUnitEventBJ.

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
GUI is useful for small testing and initialization triggers. Jass is better for everything else.

I only use GUI for temporary triggers (Such as -Gold XXX. Although even the bigger test triggers I do in Jass.)
I don't use GUI for initialization, it creates a trigger, which is useless really.

I dont know about GUI, but some BJs are really usefull, like BJDebugMsg and TriggerRegisterAnyUnitEventBJ.

Yeah... You can use those BJ's in Jass if you want.
You don't have a choice in GUI. And you have to use some of the stupid BJs too.

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score

demotry241

Don't Ever Categorize Yourself.
Reaction score
jass hmm... jass newgen pack

ever heard gui newgen pack?, no?, that is the reason why gui is at a losing side.

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
jass hmm... jass newgen pack

ever heard gui newgen pack?, no?, that is the reason why gui is at a losing side.

eGUI?

Either way, no matter what you do to GUI. You can't make it better than JASS.

demotry241

Don't Ever Categorize Yourself.
Reaction score
eGUI?

Either way, no matter what you do to GUI. You can't make it better than JASS.

AHAH!, even if "You can't make it better than JASS", You can make GUI equal to JASS!. [edit] which is enough!

lol... absolutely great counter.

saw792

Is known to say things. That is all.
Reaction score
I've been using GUI about 7 months, JASS about 5, vJASS about 4.

I pick up things very quickly.

Burningicce9

Cool Member
Reaction score
set group 1 = group2 isn't the same as GroupAddGroup(group1, group2) (or whatever the syntax order is.

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
set group 1 = group2 isn't the same as GroupAddGroup(group1, group2) (or whatever the syntax order is.
Yes.. we know.
If that was the case, having a function for it would be useless.

Deathcom3s

Reaction score
I kind of skipped GUI and went straight to JASS. I spent maybe 2 weeks using GUI. No need to taint my mind with GUI triggers.

Templarion

Reaction score
I have been using GUI all the time. It is about 3 years now and still using GUI.

I have never needed JASS and that is basicly why I haven't bothered my mind learning it.

Reaction score
> I have never needed JASS and that is basicly why I haven't bothered my mind learning it.
Then how do you know you haven't needed it :)?

Deathcom3s

Reaction score
I have never needed JASS and that is basicly why I haven't bothered my mind learning it.

I suppose it depends on what you're interested in doing. Such as I enjoy making spells and systems.

The only info I got from GUI was globals. But locals are so much better, no need for that udg(User Defined Gayness) crap.

ZeratuelX

Reaction score
I used GUI, shamefully for 2 dreadful years.

Events:
Player 1 enters a...
Player 2 enters a...

You get the point. Took forever to do GUI so i started to learn JASS, but I never heard of vJASS. It looks like its just some extra commands according to some above posts. I'm still learning JASS as far as writing from scratch, but I can understand and even modify current code. JASS seems to be very similar to Javascript.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.