Guide - Good RPG

Battlemapsta

I am the Conduit of Change
Reaction score
Update

Added 1 more hint and also a neatural section.

What happened here we can't let this die. Lets keep this up and running :D

Shadows

Reaction score
Its a tutorial... Why should you keep it going it should be for referance and reading. And shouldent it be in the Tutorial section not here?

Overall its nice to read, gives you a good idea for most of the things but you dident really do that much... you only gave links to others ideas / triggers. Try makeing some for yourself and geting your own codes in it. It would look better.

Battlemapsta

Reaction score
Thing is that I'm not so awesome at explaining codes so why make a new tutorial about it when there are like 2-3 tutorials about it already plus they explain it simply.
The editting is for more ideas of course.
Also first you post a tutorial here and see if a mod will accept it into the tutorial section.

Battlemapsta

Reaction score
bump

Horray I am installing warcraft 3 now :D but I'm gonna have to sleep so my fun will begin tommorow.

As usual I won't have any bnet fun :mad:

Battlemapsta

Reaction score
Yea. I still wonder why no one feels like responding :rolleyes:
Oh well time to have fun with wc3 now :D

Andrewgosu

The Silent Pandaren Helper
Reaction score
Very nice and detalied, but if you added pictures to the text, it would be even better :D

Battlemapsta

Reaction score
I have no idea for what reason though. The only example is a huge rpg map.
So in other words videos or the map itself can improve this :rolleyes:

Badozz

Reaction score
can you save with that save/load system that which quests did the character complete and where was he and what items did he own?

Battlemapsta

Reaction score
Bump.
I need more support :D
Also I editted the boss fight part and fixed the typo in neatural.

S

Seanbot

RPG Ideas

These are ideas i'm using in an RPG called Village, its about a villager who leaves his village to do a few quests for the council and eventually gets tied up in an ancient secret of the land.

Anyway back on topic these are a few spell i'm using:
Ice bridge: causes a bridge to come up across a river(good for secret areas)
Unlock: Plays a cinematic of you shooting a ball at a gate and opening it.
Spell book: contains 5 chapters of spells that you can use, but you have to find the pages that have been torn from it.

Ideas:
When in a boss battle, a cinematic plays, you're blocked off from the exits, and you have to kill it using a special way.
e.g. One of my bosses is a giant elemental but keeps changing element and you have to use the elemental pits to inflict damage.

The Mystical Magical Guitar: In a secret area you find arthas rocking on his guitar and he will give you the MM Guitar, its a spell that has the icon, unsummon building (rock symbol) and when you use it Earth, Fire, Air plays.

Happy RPGing

PS i'm still looking for someone to create a villager model with multiple animations: http://www.thehelper.net/forums/showthread.php?t=45847

WC3_map_fan

Reaction score
Hello, I was hoping that you may be able to post a little thing on your tutorial instructing young map makers on how to equip special efects onto a unit when he aquires an item like MASTER CRAFTER. so when he picks up a sword he gets a sword in hi shand. please add this to your thread and also a list of attatchments if possible =D

Battlemapsta

Reaction score
Hmmm good idea this should be a good addition to optional usage in a rpg. I'll get to editting soon.

PurgeandFire

zxcvmkgdfg
Reaction score
Hmmm good idea this should be a good addition to optional usage in a rpg. I'll get to editting soon.

Gj on the tutorial, I didn't notice you were still active. lol :p

@WC3_map_fan: Please do not quote the whole entire tutorial; it stretches the page and post and it annoys people. Lol... Just a warning :D

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.