Guide - Mazes

D

DigitalBoy

Here is my overview let me know what you think. Unfortunately their is a lot you dont see because some units are created and then removed. For the box thing in the top right corner every three seconds of game time a crypt fiend spawns and slowly works it's way to the middle where it explodes. Also on the left middle for the long straight line stuff appears and will sometimes be on path forcing you off to dark green patches (as a trick some of them will kill you). Oh one last thing I hope you guys all like the guy in the middle it just kinda turned out like that so I gave him a face.

Attachments

• Map Overview.jpg
    Map Overview.jpg
    245.5 KB · Views: 464

Jindo

Self
Reaction score
wow! that is quite good!

when you finish that, go on to a bigger maze, add some of the advanced stuff :).

i give the design 4.5/5 :).

~Jindo

K

Killfest2

Good tutorial Husky, especially how it is staggered to relative skill levels! 5/5

Anyways, DigitalBoy, I don't think this is the best place to post that, but anyways, some comments on it:

Nice layout, with plenty of Intricacies and cool-looking patterns. Dunno about how the playability will be, but that will be judged at a later date.

D

DigitalBoy

The reason I posted it here is to give thanks to Jindo and anyone else who contributed to this tutorial it was my guide for alittle over half of the triggers in my map. The map plays quiet nicely I have had a few tests with friends and they enjoy it. I added a few custom triggers like when I type (only I can do it it checks player name) -revive it revives me and if I type -revive all it revives everyone (Special thanks to Alexander he basically walked me through making it). However I managed to make a leaderboard all by myself (didnt follow any tutorials and it works in ROC) which displays if player is alive or dead and their current level.

Jindo

Self
Reaction score
isnt that a multiboard? pretty impressive that you made one of those all by yourself :).

Quite alot of people contrubuted to this, youll find who they are on the first, seconds and third pages.

~Jindo

D

DigitalBoy

Actually no it's a leaderboard it's just the way I set it up. It's named
Dead/Alive Level so below dead/alive would be the players name and if they die it changes to *Dead* and for level it displays the players lvl. I pretty much had to do it that way so it works in reign of chaos.

Oh and about for my next map I actually started designing it last night it's gonna be awesome. Im going to be using some hard complex triggers but it should be awesome. Ill post some screenshots soon of the basic design (no monsters).

Jindo

Self
Reaction score
okay but could you please post them in a new thread, you can tell about it on here if you want but this is basically a tutorial and a place to give feedback and suggest things to the tutorial.

I have tonnes of ideas that fit mazes perfectly (it is a maze isnt it? :p).

If you need help with your mazes, contact me (<that message will be added to the first post :eek:).

Good luck with it DB :).

~Jindo

EDIT: question, how can i submit it to tutorials and how do they judge them to see if it is good enough to accept?

D

Decapatater

Jindo said:
That would but you'd have to do it for every creep in the game.

@DigitalBoy: im so glad to hear that right now :D, thanks for using it :).

~Jindo

Yes you would but you would have to for I'm on 56k's trigger too right?

Im_On_56k said:
If i understand you completely, your saying if a unit comes within aprox 60 range of player1's hero, it will kill the triggering unit.
That would kill the creep not the hero.

Heres what I would use.
Code:
Ghoul
    Events
        Time - Every 0.10 seconds of game time
    Conditions
    Actions
        Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units of type Ghoul) and do (Actions)
            Loop - Actions
                Set var1 = (Picked unit)
                Custom script: call DestroyGroup(GetLastCreatedGroup())
                Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units within 80.00 of (Position of var1) matching ((Unit-type of (Matching unit)) Equal to Civilian)) and do (Actions)
                    Loop - Actions
                        Set var2 = (Picked unit)
                        Unit - Kill (var2)                       
                        Custom script: call DestroyGroup(GetLastCreatedGroup())
You would have to do that for every creep you want to die when you run into it.
Thats so you can have units that don't kill you if you run into them.

And if you were to use that way, you won't beable to put many unique levels in your maze map.
Since all it would be is running through a maze and dodgeing creeps.

He even stats so

Im on 56k said:

But his has variables and i'm not too good at those, I dont know what variable to choose just by looking at a code eccept some intagers...

Shadowy Fear

I have returned
Reaction score
Great tutorial! :D

For the creep-collision-contact killing, another way to do it would simply be to give the patrolling creeps a permanent immolation ability with a damage per interval of 999999 :) This could also be downgraded to, perhaps, 50-100 damage per interval so tha players have another chance. Of course, cheats would allow players to bypass it ...

D

Decapatater

Shadowy Fear said:
Great tutorial! :D

For the creep-collision-contact killing, another way to do it would simply be to give the patrolling creeps a permanent immolation ability with a damage per interval of 999999 :) This could also be downgraded to, perhaps, 50-100 damage per interval so tha players have another chance. Of course, cheats would allow players to bypass it ...

I thaught cheats can only be used in 1 player...

Im_On_56k

Hm...
Reaction score
He even stats so

Quote:
Originally Posted by Im on 56k

But his has variables and i'm not too good at those, I dont know what variable to choose just by looking at a code eccept some intagers...

You would have to do it for every unit type, not every unit.

Say you have 100 units of the same unit on the map, you use my trigger and set the unit type to your unit where it says civilian, that will cover all the units of that type on the map.

Jindo

Self
Reaction score
I beginning to understand that trigger now :p.

submitted this tutorial to kc102s forum, hopefully going to add some more to it soon :).

~Jindo

Axe.killer

Reaction score
Jindo

Dear , my friend jindo

instead of using so many regions, why not do it the easy way ehh?

using regions cood take days, u can do it in ease with this trigger

Periodic evernt ; 2 seconds

conditions : none

Actions: Unit group - pick every unit of type <MAZER>001 gen and do mulitple actions.
If/Else:
Event:
Terrain at positon of Picked unit is equal to Lorderon grass
Action: Kill unit
Else : do nothing

hope this helps you mazers

Sargon

Reaction score
That kind of periodic event can get laggy, that's why he doesn't use it. And there's an application somewhere (I think wc3sear.ch, but I'm not sure) that allows you to place all your death regions, then run the application, and it autocreates region death triggers. Easy.

Axe.killer

Reaction score
That is why , i used 2 seconds so the game dosent monitor as much. Notice i didnt use .01 seconds = laggy.

Sargon

Reaction score
With two seconds, you can easily cut a corner.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.