Guide - Mazes

Reaction score
Ok for the catupult thing, how come it just attacks my guy directly and not just a point. cause i have something like all units in region matching condituion is unity type equal to demolisher, attack ground at random point in region. I dont know if thats the proble.

Code:
Catapult fire
    Events
        Time - Every 3.00 seconds of game time
    Conditions
    Actions
        Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units in Region 014 <gen> matching ((Unit-type of (Matching unit)) Equal to Demolisher)) and do (Unit - Order (Picked unit) to Attack Ground (Random point in Region 010 <gen>))
        Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units in Region 015 <gen> matching ((Unit-type of (Matching unit)) Equal to Demolisher)) and do (Unit - Order (Picked unit) to Attack Ground (Random point in Region 011 <gen>))
        Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units in Region 016 <gen> matching ((Unit-type of (Matching unit)) Equal to Demolisher)) and do (Unit - Order (Picked unit) to Attack Ground (Random point in Region 013 <gen>))

Maybe its because somethings wrong in the object editor?

H

h3r1n6

Hmmm, maybe its because of the demolisher attack speed.
Try setting it to the speed your trigger fires.

Oh and remove the memory leaks in your trigger :)

D

DaK0_St0kens

I forgot i posted so im accused of double posting :( I cant find the delete button someone tell me where delete button is then il delete it

D

DaK0_St0kens

I need help cause i dont really understand the variables...

Events - Map Initialization
Conditions - none
Actions - Order (UNIT) to PATROL TO (CENTER OF (REGION))

for this one i dont get wat to replace UNIT with, do i replace it with the name of the unit? and if i do then how do i make it so all the abbominations wont all target one region?

Events - A unit enters (REGION) -- copy this event for ALL the regions that kill the hero player(s)
Conditions - ((UNIT-TYPE) of (TRIGGERING UNIT)) equal to (HERO UNIT)
Actions - Kill (TRIGGERING UNIT)

For this one wat to i replace for UNIT TYPE, TRIGGERING UNIT, HERO UNIT?

Events - A unit comes within (45-80) of (HERO UNIT (PLAYER 1s)
Conditions -none

Dont get this-(HERO UNIT (PLAYER 1s)

Events - Every (TIME (3.00 is best)) seconds of game time.
Conditions - none
Actions - Order (CATAPULT CREEP) to ATTACK GROUND to (CENTER OF (REGION))

I dont get the CATAPULT CREEP do i make it the name of the unit also? and how do i stop all of them from targeting one area?

Please Reply- ASAP Thank you, and can you also give me an example for each trigger? :)

Reaction score
DaK0_St0kens said:
I need help cause i dont really understand the variables...

Conditions - none
Actions - Order (UNIT) to PATROL TO (CENTER OF (REGION))

for this one i dont get wat to replace UNIT with, do i replace it with the name of the unit? and if i do then how do i make it so all the abbominations wont all target one region?

Events - A unit enters (REGION) -- copy this event for ALL the regions that kill the hero player(s)
Conditions - ((UNIT-TYPE) of (TRIGGERING UNIT)) equal to (HERO UNIT)

For this one wat to i replace for UNIT TYPE, TRIGGERING UNIT, HERO UNIT?

Events - A unit comes within (45-80) of (HERO UNIT (PLAYER 1s)
Conditions -none

Dont get this-(HERO UNIT (PLAYER 1s)

Events - Every (TIME (3.00 is best)) seconds of game time.
Conditions - none
Actions - Order (CATAPULT CREEP) to ATTACK GROUND to (CENTER OF (REGION))

I dont get the CATAPULT CREEP do i make it the name of the unit also? and how do i stop all of them from targeting one area?

Please Reply- ASAP Thank you, and can you also give me an example for each trigger? :)

Code:
Conditions - none
Actions - Order (Abomination) to PATROL TO (CENTER OF (Region 1))
And you can change the even to any time you want, meaning it does not have to be on map initi.

Code:
Events - A unit enters (REGION 1)
Conditions - ((UNIT-TYPE) of (Entering Unit)) equal to (Demon Hunter)
Actions - Kill (Enterin Unit)
You use this on every region that you want so if a unit steps on it it kills the hero IE like going off path.

Code:
Events - A unit comes within 60 of (Demon Hunter)
Conditions -none
Actions - Kill (Triggering Unit)
Do this for every hero you have on the map that doesnt belong to the maze creeps.

Code:
Events - Every (3.00) seconds of game time.
Conditions - none
Actions - Order (Catapult 1) to ATTACK GROUND to (CENTER OF (Region 1))
This will have the catapult target the region you told it to

If you need anymore help just ask here, thanks.

D

DaK0_St0kens

:eek: OK these is till dont get

Conditions - none
Actions - Order (Abomination) to PATROL TO (CENTER OF (Region 1))

wat if i have more then 1 abomination? how do i name the rest so they wont alll charge for region 1?

Events - A unit enters (REGION 1)
Conditions - ((UNIT-TYPE) of (Entering Unit)) equal to (Demon Hunter)
Actions - Kill (Enterin Unit)

Isnt it Entering Unit or Enterin Unit?

Events - A unit comes within 60 of (Demon Hunter)
Conditions -none
Actions - Kill (Triggering Unit)

wat does this do?

Events - Every (3.00) seconds of game time.
Conditions - none
Actions - Order (Catapult 1) to ATTACK GROUND to (CENTER OF (Region 1))

If its a meat wagon do i change it to Meat Wagon 1 and how do i know if the wagons are 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 and so on?

NEW

-how do i make player unitd neutral like a footman neutral?

-how do i make a cannon tower attack randomly at a certain region so it doesnt always targt one spot?

-how i make like a meat wagon respawn somewhere then goes down a path and dies, and so on without a pattern?

Frosthowl

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
Jindo little tip, post on the front to give the patrolling units the locust ability. With locust you will be unable to click on enemy units and can make it so much easier when running long pathways in between creeps.

T

tg1

I am using FrozenShal)ows demo map and I am wondering how I can change the jass trigger so I can have multiple units effected by the trigger this way I can have different types of heros in my maze and everyone dies when it gets off track.
Also can someone show several ways to do this trigger without jass so I can learn without jass.
Jass is too complicted for me right now.

E

EmeraldDark

Hey, i love this guide, its awsome. Im using it to make a series of "Emerald Mazes" As i call them. I have one question though...

How do you make ice make you slide?

D

dadads

You will have to do something similar to this, I'm too lazy to post explanations to people who have no idea to what it is. Just study it and understand later.
Code:
//Ice slider function, along with terrain type checker
function ice_slider takes nothing returns nothing
    local timer t = GetExpiredTimer()
    local integer i = GetHandleInt(t,"index")
    local unit slider = udg_player_mazers[i]
    local location m
    local real angle = GetHandleReal(t,"angle")
    local real dist = GetUnitMoveSpeed(slider)/100
    local boolean iced = false
    local real facing
    local real x = GetUnitX(slider)
    local real y = GetUnitY(slider)
    if (GetTerrainType(x,y) == 'Xblm') then
        call kill_mazer(i,0)
    endif
    if (GetTerrainType(x,y) == 'Dlav') then
        call kill_mazer(i,1)
    endif
    if (GetTerrainType(x,y) == 'Nice') then
        set iced = true
        if (not GetHandleBoolean(t,"iced")) then
            set angle = GetUnitFacing(slider)
            call SetHandleReal(t,"angle",angle)
        endif
    endif
    if (iced) then
        set facing = GetUnitFacing(slider) + 40
        set m = Location(GetUnitX(slider)+dist*CosBJ(angle),GetUnitY(slider)+dist*SinBJ(angle))        
        call SetUnitPositionLoc(slider,m)
        call SetUnitFacing(slider,facing)
        call RemoveLocation(m)
        set m = null
    endif
    call SetHandleBoolean(t,"iced",iced)
    set t = null
    set slider = null
endfunction

//Init ice timers, depends whether player is playing to reduce lagging
function init_ice_timers takes nothing returns nothing
    local integer a = 0
    loop
        exitwhen a > 11
        if (udg_player_playing[a]) then
            set udg_player_ice_timers[a] = CreateTimer()
            call SetHandleInt(udg_player_ice_timers[a],"index",a)
            call SetHandleBoolean(udg_player_ice_timers[a],"iced",false)
            call SetHandleReal(udg_player_ice_timers[a],"angle",0)
            call TimerStart(udg_player_ice_timers[a], 0.01, true, function ice_slider)
        endif
        set a = a + 1
    endloop
endfunction

Jindo

Self
Reaction score
My edit button doesn't show up, and when I post it comes back :S... I don't think this is a problem with TH.net but it's seriously annoying me -.-.

When it shows up, I'll be adding the stuff about the locust ability, possibly that code (though I don't understand what it does at all ;)).

~Jindo

D

daremeister

Locking Computer Player

How do you lock the computer player so that you do not have to set a computer player there every time you host the map? I looked around and couldnt find a post that told me how to do it.

Dare
Edit-Nevermind I found out how when i delved deeper into the depths of The Helper. Thank you.

LoveTD's

Reaction score
nice tutorial! but I wonder how to do this thing they did in escape from pink palace, how do you do that thingie with these siege engines, the have like 3 region where they are made and everytime it makes 2 out of 3 regions so there's one open spot you can go throught to get to the end of the path...
This link would give you the idea of it...
http://www.thehelper.net/forums/showthread.php?t=49032

1337D00D

Simple. Generate a random number between 1 and 3, and if its 1, create two on the outside, if its 2, create one on the left and one in middle, and if its three, create one in middle and one on right.

A

Adio[x3]

Collision Trigger

Yeah um... didnt wanna go through it all but i saw on te first page yall havin trouble with collision?? heres wut i got and it works fine fer meh..
Events - A unit comes within 65.00 of Slider 00 <gen> (making ice maze)
Conditions - (Owner of (Triggering Unit)) equal to Player 12 Brown
Actions - Kill Slider 00 <gen>
And you do that for each runner... changing Slider 00 <gen> in your case Demon Hunter 00 <gen> to the next one (aka Demon Hunter 01 <gen>)
Have fun :D hopefully this wasnt alrdy mentioned if so this is just a repeat in which the admin can delete if he wants ><.. Peace off to give Ice Sliding Trigger.

A

Adio[x3]

Ice Sliding Trigger

Well i just gave ya the collision tirgger and now here comes teh ice sliding trigger! :p -Compliments from Thadorus in East realm.... don't tell him im givin this out unless u include this compliment :D from Clan FMzR a Maze-making;mazing clan. also on East Realm.. Please do not claim as your own...
Okhay heres dah trigger...
Events - Every 0.03 Seconds of Game Time
Conditions -
Actions - Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units of type Slider) and do (Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units owned by (Owner of (Picked unit)) matching ((Terrain type at (Position of (Picked unit))) Equal to Northrend - Ice)) and do (Unit - Move (Picked unit) instantly to ((Position of (Picked unit)) offset by 11.00 towards (Facing of (Picked Unit)) degrees

This is probably pretty confusing..., but with this trigger who cares! It gives you some lag buts its OMG-AWSUM

You need to Variables-------
Slider - Unit Type (make a demon hunter custom unit--> Make name = Slider)
Slider2 - Terrain-Type (Northrend - Ice) you can use any terrain you want that you want your sliders to slide on.. mine was Northrend ice...

Again all compliments go to Thadorus-East Realm, Clan FMzR (soon coming FMR2) FMzR is full.. have bot there that captures a certain phrase :D just type !join if you would like to join! and i'll get back to you in a few days or even minutes!! -Sin1985

LoveTD's

Reaction score
I solved the collision problem without the trigger by using permanent immolation with a lower range of effect and verry high dmg ow and b.t.w. I already knew to use an random integer between 1 - 3, And you have to do even more here's the trigger for iff you want that:

Code:
regions 1 create
    Events
        Time - Every 3.00 seconds of game time
    Conditions
    Actions
        Set integervariable[1] = (Random integer number between 1 and 3)
        Set integervariable[2] = (Random integer number between 1 and 3)
        If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
            If - Conditions
                integervariable[1] Not equal to integervariable[2]
            Then - Actions
                Unit - Create 1 Meat wagon for Player 12 (Brown) at regions1[integervariable[1]] facing Default building facing degrees
                Unit - Create 1 Meat wagon for Player 12 (Brown) at regions1[integervariable[2]] facing Default building facing degrees
            Else - Actions
                Trigger - Run (This trigger) (checking conditions)

Jindo

Self
Reaction score
FYI

After someone asking me about collison, they (and I) learnt something important:

You must set 'Movement - Type' to none for patrolling creeps, else if you stand in their way they'll just walk around you, flying will also work, just as long as it's not ground related, you can avoid this problem :).

Gonna add this if I haven't already =P.

EDIT: Looks like this tutorial is fixed for good, its too old for me to be able to edit it, shame :(.

*salutes*

I

ih8dota

:confused: i have one question? how do i make the unit small enough to fit on my path

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.