Guide - Mazes

Sevion

The DIY Ninja
Reaction score
Ok, I saw back on page 6 and a new post on page 7 about Sliding Triggers I've a very simple and virtually lagless and leakless.
Code:
Code:
RedOnIce:
Events:
Time - Every 0.03 seconds of game time
Conditions:
(Terrain type at (Position of Demon Hunter 0006 <gen>)) Equal to Northrend - Ice
(Player 1 (Red) controller) Equal to User
(Player 1 (Red) slot status) Equal to Is playing
Actions:
Unit - Move Demon Hunter 0006 <gen> instantly to ((Position of Demon Hunter 0006 <gen>) offset by 13.00 towards (Facing of Demon Hunter 0006 <gen>) degrees)

This is a simple turning trigger for ice...

Code:

Code:
Events:
Unit - A unit owned by Player 1 (Red) Is issued an order targeting a point
Conditions: None
Actions:
Unit - Make (Triggering unit) face (Target point of issued order) over 0.00 seconds

Very simple and sophisticated. Use this and you will have no lag at all. I'm also using this for my new map (Maze of Snow). Its still in its Beta stages. BTW nice tut, Jindo.:D :) I hope you like this trigger. Credit goes to LimiteR and an anonymous user.

Nestharus

o-o
Reaction score
Ok, this thread seems to be all over the place. I think I might compile everything I know about making mazes into a Tutorial 2.0

I'm a pro at making mazes, and I know some triggers I have never seen anybody else use, heh. I used to offer professional maze making classes.

Bleh, oh well.

In the end, making mazes uses a lot of math... You end up making incredible patterns : ).

So, hm... what might the new tutorial that will be more organized than this contain?

Well, everything from the basics to the advanced stuff. Of course, I would say in it to never ever use rects in a maze (it would be a TFT tutorial), except in very rare circumstances, and to never ever place down units except in very rare circumstances : ).

hmmm, i might do this. Would anyone use it?

C

Capn_Soul

Wow Nes, I thought you disappeared. It's Soul from TDoM, TIME, whatever you want to think of. I have been wondering what happened to you...

As far as the new tutorial, I would probably use it and maybe contribute some things too. I have a very efficient Sliding Ice trigger in JASS that would fit perfectly. Well, good tutorial Jindo!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.