Guide - RPG

Z

Ziur

Great

Wonderfully great. It really helped me get a hang for the system. Although, i checked it looking for a way to make Neutral passive units join the player. Even though this helped a lot i was wondering if maybe you can maybe mention something on that in part 3. Thanks for the help! :D

B

BoCHa_Br

I NEED HELP xD

plz... if u can explain the step 8... i dont understan what u want to mean with:

also create 1 unit facing 270 degrees (Degrees are hardly important). ALSO For the Player under which has control, select 'Owner of Unit' and change 'Unit' to 'Event Response - Entering Unit'.

it to be with a trigger or directly with the uint paleete ???

... sry if this a stupid thing but that my first time in world editor =P

and if u can... u can pass the last version of world editor... if is there ^^

thnks :rolleyes:

B

BoCHa_Br

And

i need to have the original game to use world editor ?!?!?!?!?

P

Pipsicles

Hi, im having a little trouble with the part where you choose the hero, i have all the triggers correct (i hope), but im not sure i quite understood the bit where you say:

'When you have placed all 4 press SPACE to clear your brush allowing you to select them, now select each one and change it to the hero it will represent.'

what do you mean by, select each one and change it to the hero it will represent?

Oninuva

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
No Offence but the newer tutorials in this section look much nicer since they used the
code. Maybe you should fix it up with bolds, italics, colors and more?

S

sniperz

i suggest Rad.. uplad ur demoRPGtestII or smth.. i mean full of ur triggers/codes to the www.epicwar.com put ur hotmail / sorts.. in ur descript. this not only helps make ppl know who made the map. but gives map makers the easier way to dl RPG maps~
^^

BornToBeMe

Reaction score
im just wondering when the part 3 is being posted and if u can pls post a save/load tutorial i tried to make make one but when i load my hero i can still choose one so pls make a thing without this thx

Jindo

Self
Reaction score
im just wondering when the part 3 is being posted and if u can pls post a save/load tutorial i tried to make make one but when i load my hero i can still choose one so pls make a thing without this thx

Uhhh, you realise this tutorial was made 2 years ago, right? Whether or not he makes part 3 is out of the question, he would've posted it ages ago if he was =P.

(Maybe if you pester him, he might just continue you it ;)).

B

baklava

i need help with this i donmt get it.

Unit - Generic unit event > Unit - A unit dies. Now this trigger fires whenever a unit dies. Add a condition type 'OR' with field 1 'Player comparison', change the field to look like this: "Owner of (event response - Dying Unit) equal to Neutral Hostile" OR "boolean > (Dying unit) is a hero equal to TRUE". This will enable spawns to be recreated, and your hero to revive with a simple if/then/else. Now create that if/then/else (MULTIPLE FUNCTIONS) with fields: IF (boolean - dying unit is a hero equal to true) then do (wait 10 seconds - revive (dying unit) at (Starting town)) else do (wait 40 seconds - create 1 (unit-type of dying unit) at position of (dying unit) for (owner of (dying unit)). NOTE: I don't think the if/then/else (multiple functions) exists for ROC, so once again... this is a tft only part. Now what this trigger does, when anything dies, if its either a hero or a unit owned by neutral hostile it will revive. It gets pretty self-explanitory after you do a few ;).

G

Gizzeit

Hi there!
I wanna make an RPG too, but I've got a problem: I just *cant* make my heroes get level higher than 10! :( I also cant open Battle.net maps to see how they did it! I have WorldEditor of W3FTv1.21 - maybe I need a special one?
Please help me, friends! *_*

Ghan

Administrator - Servers are fun
Staff member
Reaction score
Not really the right place to ask questions. Both of those questions can be answered if you search around the forums. If you can't find the answers you're looking for, then create a new thread in the main World Editor Help Zone.

R

rodyzz

I Dont Get Step 8-9 !!

1 of the action and 1 event trigger you made there..
i can't.. the things you have to click aren't at the trigger list here
.. please help!!!

R

rodyzz

well..

i folowed whole 1st tutorial ...
But the hero chosing still dont work..
i dont get it

X-maul

AKA: Demtrod
Reaction score
do this - its the most basic way it can be done
Code:
pick paladin
    Events
        Unit - A unit comes within 80.00 of [COLOR="red"]<make this an cirkel of power>[/COLOR]
    Conditions
        (Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) Equal to [COLOR="Red"]<make this the unit you pick hero with>[/COLOR]
    Actions
        Unit - Create 1 Paladin for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) at (Center of ([COLOR="red"]the ragion you want your hero to spawn[/COLOR])) facing 270.00 degrees
        Unit - Kill (Triggering unit) [COLOR="Red"]<so that you cant pick more than 1 hero>[/COLOR]
hope it was what you were looking for:D

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.