Guide - Tower Defense

FhelZone

Have a drink of a nice cold mellowberry juice!
Reaction score
This is just, I can say nothing :rolleye: really, the excel idea is great I only use paper and pen xD

Andrewgosu

The Silent Pandaren Helper
Reaction score
That worked for the half of it yeah.

But now the problem is that when creeps go below a certain % of hp, they start returning back again.

What is their problem now? :mad:

You can try setting the value to something big for the "Creeps - Guard Distance" field in the gameplay constants.

Alternatively, create more regions and order the units to follow the path more frequently.

O

Osirus2440

Wow great tutorial. i didn't know much about triggering but i learned so much from this tutorial :p I have one problem atm and i fixed most of the others, and it is that my waves of monsters spawn one each and then move on to the next one, adding another timer and not deleting other, then the last wave has more than its supposed too. If you could help me i'd appreciate it :) Thanks so much,

Osirus

EDIT: I noticed recently after some more tests, that it seems random... maybe one wave will skip but sometimes it returns to normal.

Ghan

Administrator - Servers are fun
Staff member
Reaction score
> how did you change the unit types for each wave?

Look for the creeparray variable in the second post of the tutorial....

Z

zdude26

why isnt it working?

I did everything you did on ur TD and most of it works fine but for some reason, after its sent wave 4 it just stop sending and its meant to send 2 more waves, can u think of any reason why??
if u need to see the TD, my email adress is [email protected], email me and ill send u the TD,

plz help thnx =D

dannyboydude

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
im still getting stuck on the set ingameplayers = and i cant get to all the other bit wich is bugging me coz i have got all the other vaiables but i cant get the set ingameplayers one please could uhelp me

L

Liping

I dont understand the trigger part... Could you please help i finshed all towers and creeps
I just dont know how to start the triggers

Orcy

Reaction score
spawns

I still get stuck on the part where the units spawn. I set a region as a spawnplace and have 2 spawn places per player (4 players total = 8 spawn places). Now, when there is only 1 player in the game (user), and i have set "creepspawncount = 20", then there will spawn 20 creeps over all 8 spawnplaces.

I made it like this:

Event - Creeptimer Expires
Conditions
Actions - Countdown Timer - Destroy CreepTimerWindow
For each (Integer A) from 1 to CreepSpawnCount[Level_Count], do (Actions)
Loop - Actions
Wait 2.00 seconds
Player Group - Pick every player in InGamePlayers and do (Actions)
Loop - Actions
Unit - Create 1 CreepArray [Level_Count] for Player 5 (Yellow) at (Center of StartSpawn Red2 <gen>) facing 180.00 degrees

I have set the CreepSpawnCount[1] = 20
I have set the CreepArray[1] = <<Custom Unit>>

How do I solve this problem.

Infinity.4Sk

Reaction score
Hi i'm a noob triggerer, and I got through the Set inGamePlayers = (All players matching ((((Matching player) slot status) Equal to Is playing) and (((Owner of (Triggering unit)) controller) Equal to User)))
part but I don't really know what you mean by those red question marks, are they part of the trigger?

edit: alright sorry figured it out (stupid me) thanks for all the help +rep I can make a great enfo type map with these spawntriggers.

Cornface

Avoid, if at all possible.
Reaction score
Okey, I started on working on this TD again, and I've ran into this problem. If the creeps die almost instantly they spawn, another wave timers starts, which is really really weird and I don't know what causes it. Any help would be appreciated.

EDIT: Seems like the TD Template has the same problem. Let me give an example. The timer goes down to zero and wave 1 starts, and the first unit spawns, and if it dies almost instantly after, the timer starts on wave 2 and so on.

I attached an example here, just play and watch.
View attachment Tower Defence Template 1.4XX.w3x

Andrewgosu

The Silent Pandaren Helper
Reaction score
You can try making the terrain unbuildable at the spawning point so players aren't able to build their towers so close.

Jedimindtrixxx

┻━┻ ︵ ¯\(ツ)/¯ ︵ ┻━┻
Reaction score
aahhhh this is teh sex td tut. my whole thing was based around this. i changed up a lot of shit but it waas my main guide. <3

Okey, I started on working on this TD again, and I've ran into this problem. If the creeps die almost instantly they spawn, another wave timers starts, which is really really weird and I don't know what causes it. Any help would be appreciated.
btw i get the same problem, but what i did is i made the entering creep invulnerable for .5 seconds, (how long it takes for my other creep to spawn), this allows it to exit the spawning area and for the other to spawn as soon as the other becomes vulnerable, so even if he dies instantly, itl have at least one up

Cornface

Avoid, if at all possible.
Reaction score
You can try making the terrain unbuildable at the spawning point so players aren't able to build their towers so close.

That was my first idea, but then it struck me. Long range tower and certain abilities would still be able to hit them.

I guess I will do what TeeAichSee said, and add a really short invulnerable to the spawning creeps.

Ostrze

Reaction score
Make the units spawn faster ^^
I had the same problem, but when you make them spawn from 0.25 sec to 0.5 sec it's ok :shades:

Very good tut

M

mokeli

hmm.. i have a question. How to increase the gold per level after a wave?

UndeadDragon

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Increase the "bonusincome" variable.

M

mokeli

What i mean is after a lvl.

EX: after the 1st lvl, 2nd lvl, 3rd lvl
then the gold also increase per lvl like 5/10/15/20/25 gold per lvl

UndeadDragon

Super Moderator
Reaction score
On the "Spawn Initialization" trigger, change:
Code:
Set bonusIncome = (bonusIncome + 45)
to:
Code:
Set bonusIncome = (bonusIncome + 5)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.