Guide - Tower Defense

H

h0vding

Click on value and there you can pick number from lover left corner. Or if it is unit variable try looking for function unit type.

dont know if I did correct.. but I changed my variable to "unit group" then I could choose my level 1 creep

Ryuu

I am back with Chocolate (:
Reaction score
Almost perfect tutorial. Rating: 4.8/5.0

Why almost perfect?

The problem solely lies with, why the creeps won't spawn when I triggers it to. I followed exactly like Andrew said, but the result was, like i said, no creeps are spawned? WHY?? can someone answer this for me? TT

Ryuu

Reaction score
Isn't it exactly the same as andrew's?

untitledey5.png

Please tell me if its not the same..

Ryuu

Reaction score
Okay, they will spawn, but one more problem:

They will spawn, but won't move :mad:

EDIT:
No!! double posted!!

EDIT2:
Another thing. From my TD's level 3 onwards, creeps from different levels bunch up into that level 3. so first i kill lv 3, then 4, then 3 again, then 5, etc. its all mixed up!!! im sry, andrew if i ask too much questions becoz im really a noob ;(

Andrewgosu

The Silent Pandaren Helper
Reaction score
Do all creeps cost at least 1 food? And, make sure the players can't kill right at the spawning point, because, if they kill quickly enough, the food of the bad guys reaches zero before the new creep for that wave is created.

For the moving part, did You do everything like I showed?

Andrew is never wrong.

That's not true. After all, I am only a human.

Ryuu

Reaction score
Do all creeps cost at least 1 food? And, make sure the players can't kill right at the spawning point, because, if they kill quickly enough, the food of the bad guys reaches zero before the new creep for that wave is created.

For the moving part, did You do everything like I showed?

I got it... it works now!! i forgot the "food" part XD tyty andrew +rep (already did it 2 times ><||)

Andrewgosu

Reaction score
No problem.

To future Readers of this tutorial, before You ask something, please make sure you have read the note's and double checked everything - that everything You have done looks what I have done(in the tutorial). This concept has proven itself as a working one, so, please double check Your triggers before posting

I should make a faq...

Q1,
My trigger doesn't work, what's wrong? (Never mind the brilliant punctuation and grammar, it's usually along these lines: "my triger dosnt work!!111")
A1,
"Doesn't work" is not a very good problem description.

Q2,
I made the trigger, but the creeps will not spawn! (Again, completely ignore the perfect grammar, it's usually told like this: "my unitss wont spawn, :banghead: :banghead:" )
A2,
Did You follow the trigger posted in the tutorial absolutely right, if not, double check.

And etc.

No, I am not angry at anyone.

Think before You ask. Think again, before You post.

D

Dundacious

Help

When my spawns are running through the course everytime they get to a certain point, they go back to their start and do the whole process over. why is this?? what do i do?? :( :confused:

Andrewgosu

Reaction score
Let me guess, the creeps are owned by a neutral player? Go to Advanced > Gameplay Constants and change the "Creep - Guard Return Distance" and "Creep - Return Time (sec)" to something high, 9999 should do.

D

Dundacious

Thanks!!!

Let me guess, the creeps are owned by a neutral player? Go to Advanced > Gameplay Constants and change the "Creep - Guard Return Distance" and "Creep - Return Time (sec)" to something high, 9999 should do.

THANK YOU SOOOOO MUCH

Sooda

Diversity enchants
Reaction score
AndrewGosu said:
elmstfreddie said:
Andrew is never wrong.
That's not true. After all, I am only a human.
What proves again Andrewgosu was right. It means he is never wrong :rolleyes:

Ryuu

Reaction score
Andrew, please do something about this..

You see, for me, your "region" triggers doesn't work!! Why is that so? I got the same problem here again, when the creeps just stay at one spot and do nothing, instead of moving into the next checkpoint. I don't care if its the easy way or difficult way, I just want my triggers to work!! Please and thank you so much.

EDIT: I read your FAQ, I double-checked my triggers, exactly the same. Then I disabled them (making it non-existent) and I tried to do this:

Code:
Checkpoint 001
   EVENTS
      Unit - A unit enters Creep Spawn 001 <gen>
   CONDITIONS
      (Owner of (Triggering Unit)) Equals to hostileCreeps
   ACTIONS
      Unit - Order (Triggering Unit) to Move To (Center of Region 002 <gen>)

Code:
Checkpoint 002
   EVENTS
      Unit - A unit enters Region 002 <gen>
   CONDITIONS
      (Owner of (Triggering Unit)) Equals to hostileCreeps
   ACTIONS
      Unit - Order (Triggering Unit) to Move To (Center of Region 003 <gen>)

And so on...

But with this way, the moment the creeps step onto the region, it moves to the next region.
So for example, if I am the player and I maze around the 1st checkpoint, in no time all my towers will reach the 2nd checkpoint and when the creep reaches the start of the maze(the 2nd checkpoint), he will step on the checkpoint and move to the 3rd checkpoint, completely ignoring the 1st checkpoint.

PLEASE help me Andrew!! TT

Andrewgosu

Reaction score
Are You ordering Your creeps to move to the next region, when they enter the "spawn" region? Are You sure? Have You initialized the region variables right*?

set ExampleRegion[0] = Spawn <gen>
set ExampleRegion[1] = CheckPoint 1 <gen>
set ExampleRegion[2] = CheckPoint 2 <gen>
etc.

Ryuu

Reaction score
Are You ordering Your creeps to move to the next region, when they enter the "spawn" region? Are You sure? Have You initialized the region variables right*?

set ExampleRegion[0] = Spawn <gen>
set ExampleRegion[1] = CheckPoint 1 <gen>
set ExampleRegion[2] = CheckPoint 2 <gen>
etc.

Well, I didn't use "set ExampleRegion[0] = Spawn <gen>" but I used "set regionArray[1] = Spawn <gen>", instead of "0". Is that the problem?

Andrewgosu

Reaction score
Probably, yes, because all units start with a custom value of 0, not 1. Unless You set it to 1 right after an unit enters the playable map area.

Ryuu

Reaction score
Okay, I'll try it. If it works, expect a rep! :p

EDIT: It works!

As promised, a rep. :p

EDIT2: Oh my.. sry andrew i got cant giv any rep to u they say "you must spread some rep before you can give it to andrewgosu again". must i wait? or i go add more rep and i come back? or what??

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.