Guide - Tower Defense

Andrewgosu

The Silent Pandaren Helper
Reaction score
Use math - arithmetical. First blue field select the lives and the second one 1. Then change the sign to "-".

pheonixashes

Those who misplace trust in gods learn their fate.
Reaction score
Awesome tut, dude! I used to have like, 50 triggers, now i have about 15 not including spell triggers

Andrewgosu

Reaction score
Beautiful and extensive tut, you deserve more rep than I can give!

Excellent Tutorial :D
I found it very helpful.

Awesome tut, dude! I used to have like, 50 triggers, now i have about 15 not including spell triggers

Thanks for the positive feedback!:)

This is an awesome Tutorial, but I'm having a bit of a problem.

I am glad you have solved it. To prevent the same mistake, I edited the tutorial saying the creeps must cost atleast 1 food in order the spawning trigger could work.

Tinesthia

Reaction score
Very good job.
Please note, that there are at least (edited in at least because of following post :) ) 2 ways to do corpse cleanup.

There is the trigger version (Which is the one you've shown)
And the Gameplay Constants version.
Pro - Unit's flesh and skeleton fade out quickly instead of disappearing instantly.
Con - No randomness, like the wait trigger in the Tutorials Example.
Which is...

Go to Advanced - Gameplay Constants

Make sure the following is checkmarked.
RemCorpse1.jpg

Scroll down and set the following value to how long you want it to take for the unit to disappear.(I would sugjest between 3 and 25)
RemCorpse2.jpg

The following value is added to the time it takes for the unit to disappear. (Sugjested value = 1.00-1.50)
RemCorpse3.jpg

Terrabull

Veteran Member (Done that)
Reaction score
There are actaully three ways to do Corpse clean-up. Go into the unit properties and change the setting for
"Combat - Death Type"
to
"Can't raise, Does not decay."

Now the corpses will appear for about two seconds and then dissapear from the game.

H

haywood04

"Combat-Defense Type" help

I would like a more detailed description of how all the different defense types affect a unit, and the damage taken by the unit. The types are: Normal, Small, Medium, Large, Fortified, Hero, Divine, Unarmored.

Any help is appreciated! :D

Sir Gordon

Decent User (I'm as good as you)
Reaction score
This is being very helpful, and thus, I salute you.
The best of all the TD tutorials I saw.

Andrewgosu

Reaction score
"The weapon of the tower"?

If you mean the projectile, which the tower shoots, find the "Combat - Attack (1 or 2) - Projectile Art" field in the Object Editor.

D

djdeth

"The weapon of the tower"?

If you mean the projectile, which the tower shoots, find the "Combat - Attack (1 or 2) - Projectile Art" field in the Object Editor.

When I edit this, will it change the splash (if available) or anything else or just how the attack looks? Is there a way to customize those Arts, or preview them doing it, or do I need to test the actual map? Thanks for the help.

Andrewgosu

Reaction score
As the name suggests, it will only change the projectiles appearance.

You can preview the arts by having the World Editor open on the background and the Object editor up, above it, so you can see the little preview window.

projectile.jpg

If you want the tower to do splash damage, modify the following fields:

"Combat - Attack (1 or 2) - Area of Effect (Full Damage)"
"Combat - Attack (1 or 2) - Area of Effect (Medium Damage)"
"Combat - Attack (1 or 2) - Area of Effect (Small Damage)"

And if you need to change the targets affected by the splash damage, you can modify the ""Combat - Attack (1 or 2) - Area of Effect Targets", but it is already settled good enough while being default.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.