Guide - Tower Defense

D

deeplyinlove

Hey andrew, great tut.

But may I ask, do I start 'creepArray' and 'colourPlayers' with [0] or [1]?

As the regions begin with 0, I'm not too sure whether these 2 should start with a 0 or 1.

Andrewgosu

The Silent Pandaren Helper
Reaction score
It really doesn't matter, use the one more convenient to you.

However, if you're using GUI, I suggest you to start from 1, because some of the GUI functions take indexes starting from 1.

windahl93

Reaction score
i've placed the start location of my players in the mid of thier path( the path i just a rectanlge) and thats were the creeps spawn, not in the spawn point. cant understand it...

T

thejai

Great tutorial everything worked fine. One thing is instead of making my creeps have no damage, I gave them damage. I did this, because I'm making a TD where the players can maze. If they block their towers will get attacked. One thing that goes wrong is the enemies will attack more than one tower that's blocking. Also they'll attack even if I'm not blocking. I put all the towers/units collision to zero, they still attack. Can you figure out a way for me that works good?

Tr00pZ

Reaction score
Killcount Doesnt work properly

Hi, I've been following all of your steps in order to sucessfully make a TD. and it worked! The only thing was afther i was done with the triggering and stuff like that. I tested alot but the problem is everytime i kill a creep the killcounting system should be updated with that i killed 1 creep, but it doesnt. What could possibly cause this because im sure i entered all the values/variables/triggers good. Heres a screenshot of my triggering.
killcount.jpg

Help is appreciated!

Thanks in advance,
Tr00pZ

Andrewgosu

Reaction score
"set killCount[tmpInteger] = killCount[tmpInteger] + 1"

not

"set killCount[tmpInteger] = killCount[tmpInteger + 1]"

Tr00pZ

Reaction score
Woah! it worked. Thanks alot for your help, my TD is now fully functional!:D
Awesome toturial! As you asked before in the forum, ill go to the rating part of the forum and give the highest i can give! thanks again

Tr00pZ

korleone

Reaction score
hi could u tell me whats the maximum food in TD caus it seems to be only 10 idk if i could build some buildings to increase it like in frozen or not, cause i wanna summon more than one hero there but they take like 6 food or 9 please help me thank u

Lammet

Reaction score
=)

I really liked this tutorial, but i knew most of the stuffs.
The thing about using excel is gr8! finally i can organize my maps better, because my maps always get unbalanced and too messy, good tutorial to make your TD "cleaner":thup:

Orcy

Reaction score
I got a question here. How do you set custom value to units? I need to know this so i can check whether it's on 0 or 1.

hortonofdoom

Reaction score
I dont understand anything , what the hell is set in game players, dont find any action or any kind of that things? cant you do it more simple soo i dont have to guess whats what O_O ?!!!!

Wilfred1100

Reaction score
Help before i kill someone or myself... seriously

How do i get the brackets i.e
(Actions)
When it branches off on the trigger thing, like when you do if/then/else i cant get it to do what i need it to
Example
If (All Conditions are True) Then (Actions) Else (Actions)
How do you get the bracketed words? I cant get it to do this so i can add the stuff i need to

Andrewgosu

Reaction score
Do you have The Frozen Throne editor?

Multiple if/then/else is only available through that.

Wilfred1100

Reaction score
Do you have The Frozen Throne editor?

Multiple if/then/else is only available through that.

I do now!
Thanks alot - i would never have worked that out myself.
Just wondering, when setting regions into arrays in step three, why can i not get my action to set region arrays to the regions i have as spawns and where the creeps are going to move. i.e
Set regionArray[0] =
I cannot then set that to my regions.
Also what does <gen> mean :p
Thanks alot

Andrewgosu

Reaction score
Are you sure your variable is a region type variable, nothing else?

If it is, it should allow you to select a region and set it into a variable.

Wilfred1100

Reaction score
Are you sure your variable is a region type variable, nothing else?

If it is, it should allow you to select a region and set it into a variable.

Ive tried everything and nothing will work o_O
I am making my own TD with 8 different sections for players to defend against their own creeps. Each player has a spawn point, and 6 checkpoints, then an end point. How would you go about getting creeps to spawn and then go to each checkpoint? Ive tried several things an nothing will work :(

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.