Guide - Tower Defense

EcHo_Tempest

Reaction score
wow great tutorial thx for all the detail :D

but im sorta confused on the first bit for the triggers... how did you get this GUI
Trigger:
  • Set inGamePlayers = (All players matching ((((Matching Player) slot status) Equal to Is playing) and (((Matching player) controller) Equal to User)))

thx for the help :p

Dest

Reaction score
You might not even be here, but all of your images disappeared. (Well, by Photobucket. :p)

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ghan pointed out that you can still see them if you go to the image location, or save as.

We'll need to reupload the images though. :(
It seems many of AndyPandys resources have done this.

Tanthalas

Reaction score
Heyaa

Hello everyone.

I'm new here, trying to learn as much about mapping as i can since i'm basically a complete newbie to the whole thing.
So first of all, great tutorial! But it seems that the pictures have been put down, as you've probably noticed.

Being that it's probably quite annoying for the creater when this happens:banghead:, i would be happy to host the pictures needed, so things like this doesn't happen in the future. This goes for all other tutorials suffering from this problem of course.

Let me know what you think :)

Andrewgosu

The Silent Pandaren Helper
Reaction score
Thanks for notifying me, I made my old photobucket account active again.

The pictures should be up and running now.

(Plus the ones in my other tutorials)

Drakthan

Reaction score
Hey first off. Super tutorial :thup:

But is it only me that cant get the Sell Tower to work ?
And its not working in the map you made ?

Drakthan

Jayluke95

Reaction score
Help with the timer

Hey there, and thanks for the awesome Tut :D. The only part im stuck on is the timer part, coz im not really sure how to do it. I can see the timer, but it just says (=== + (Wave + ((String(levelCount)) + ===))). Do you type this in the value part, or do i have to change the function or something.
Thanks.

Piranha

Reaction score
Saved me!

Thanks! This one really saved me. I didn't actually make a tower defense, but was able to extract the info I needed :) Had been sitting around for hours trying to figure out why my leaderboard+life system didn't work... +rep most definatly

Loxar

Reaction score
Need some help =)

Hey dude, just wanted some help with a variable.
"set inGamePlayers = (All players matching((((Matching player) Slot status) equal to is playing) and (((matching player) controller) equal to user)))"

How do I create this line?

Awesome tutorial mate ^^

Kirtanei

Reaction score
So far I've been successful in recreating a lot of your tutorial, but there is one problem which I can't seem to solve.

My trigger is looking like this:
wc3h.png

When it should look like this:
wc32.png

Long story short; I can't figure out how to add the +1 value at the end.

Edit: Finally I stumbled upon the solution by accident.

TDN

Reaction score
That worked for the half of it yeah.

But now the problem is that when creeps go below a certain % of hp, they start returning back again.

What is their problem now? :mad:

You can try setting the value to something big for the "Creeps - Guard Distance" field in the gameplay constants.

Alternatively, create more regions and order the units to follow the path more frequently.

I'm having the same problem. Just want to point out that that solution posted above does not work. There is a way to fix it, since I've seen TD's that work maze-style and don't have the problem, but I cannot find the solution. Anyone...?

TomTTT

Reaction score

in this part:
Lastly, you might want to change the appearance of the tower. The general appeal. Change the fields below to your liking.
You can maybe put a word that you can see what the model looks like if you leave the main window up, and it shows on the left the model.
i LOVE the tutorial btw xD AWSOME!

irgan

Reaction score
Multiple Types of Creeps in a Wave

Using your style of triggers as a foundation, how would you change around your triggers to allow multiple types of creeps spawn in the wave?

dejaime

Reaction score
Very Very good work!!

I tried to Rep+ but I "need to spare some rep" before doing that again to you...

=/

Thanks for the great work!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.