Guild Wars 2

FireCat

Oh Shi.. Don't wake the tiger!
Well, It seems everybody's talking about this game. But what kind of game is that?

Sajin

User title under construction.
Guild wars 2:
Its an MMO developed by Arena Net published by NCsoft(or something along those lines)
200 years after the events of guild wars 1 dragons have arisen in the land of tyria. (main goal, defeat the main elder dragon who brought a sunken city of the gods back to the surface where he currently resides)

The races include
human
charr (cat people)
norn (Nordic hunter/spirit worshipers)
asura (short genius people)
sylvari (plant people)

Professions
Warrior (hack and slash)
Elementalist (classic mage)
Thief (assassin characters)
Ranger (bow wielder)
Guardian (support tank)
Mesmer (support mage)

Basically the games selling point if they redid the whole MMO party/holy trinity set up so that the holy trinity (tank heal DPS) is useless in Guild wars 2, and that what would normally have been done by that kind of group can be done with a group of all DPS, or all support, or all tanks. Basically you have the tools available to you to be able to complete a high level dungeon without relying on one person taking the damage and one person healing.

Its a damn good game as well

Syndrome

You can change this now in User CP.
I have it myself and it's extremely fun; but then again it's my first 'real' MMORPG.
It's really cool how they implemented the quests as 'events' that happen, e.g:
1] There's a war between centaurs and humans, first event has you and anyone who can come to defend an important strategic point near a bridge. If humans win [you can lose LOL], then you push back the invading centaur lines into their fortress, where you will have to kill three high value targets, and if you can succeed at that, a high level ranking centaur comes in that takes forever to kill.
And this happens within 15-20 minutes, looping each time. If centaurs take the bridge, they attempt to lay a siege on a fort nearby held by the humans, and if they take over that you have to take it back. Real cool.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Have been talking to a childhood friend who is an Artist and is interested in doing some game music. He has a studio in his house. Yes!
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Going to try and get my friend into the homebrew game indie market he is real interested
  • Varine Varine:
    Does reforged require the port forwarding? Is that even still a thing?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I do not think that is a thing anymore
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Battle.net is different now and I do not think they are using the same network code
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am sure they are not
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    Lately, news aren't as enticing as they seemed. Or maybe I'm getting old and desensitized.
  • jonas jonas:
    I think news are more serious recently
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    More serious doesn't necessarily mean it's more interesting. :(
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I find that news.google.com has lots of interesting science stuff going on and the Space X stuff with Starship is super cool too
  • The Helper The Helper:
    plus the boring company and physics stuff happening now but I am more into the science now but there is still some crazy news I see out there using Reddit as a news source though and aggregate services like news.google and stuff and put AP in there I always read the news and yes sometimes it is not as interesting as others
  • The Helper The Helper:
    At some point I am going to look at Xenforo and see if it integrates with Hubspot at all. Would love to look at forum under a full marketing account in Hubspot since I have access to that stuff with my current gig
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Kind of surprised it wouldn't have its own forum product offering.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    That said, when Blizzard switched forum software, they went with Discourse, not xenForo.
  • jonas jonas:
    I think news.google shows you personalized news
  • midnight8 midnight8:
    any of the peeps in here run youtube channels? Figure of all the peeps in this forum, got to be some other geeks like me with channels
  • Ghan Ghan:
    I can say I've uploaded a YouTube video.
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I can say I know someone that uploaded a youtube video :)
  • jonas jonas:
    A friend of mine has a channel where he uploads some of the crazy machines he has built. Like when he plugged an electric motor into a 3d printed gearbox, attached it to his bycicle and then drove 50mph with it.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    You should post a link to his channel in General Discussion I would definitely check it out
  • The Helper The Helper:
    how hard is it to put google analytics on the site?
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Likely not hard. I think we've done it in the past. Anything in particular you want to see?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I remember we are already getting stats

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome