Guitar Hero 3

Sim

Forum Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Now that the game is released, it is time to make a thread!

The official track list thread is... obsolete :)

So, what do you think?

Through the Fire and Flame - Dragonforce is seriously stupid... along with Metallica - One.

So great :D Although there should have been a Megadeth song, as in the other 2 Guitar Heroes! Megadeth is a classic.

Anyways, the game's difficulty has again raised.

Jindo

Self
Reaction score
I'll hopefully be getting it soon along with a 360 (unless I decide to get it for the Wii*).

Looked just as awesome as the 2nd from all of the videos :cool:.

* - I heard it was released for the wii, was it?

Wiseman_2

Missy wants blood!
Reaction score
Should arrive in a week or so for me... I'm a bit pissed off 'cos the PS2 version - which is the only one I could opt for - has apparently suffered a reduction (including the loss of some tracks). I don't think that's fair somehow.

seph ir oth

Mod'n Dat News Jon
Reaction score
Hey now, just cause Dragonforce offers a hard song doesn't mean its stupid.

Sure, it took me a good while to get through it, but at least the noting matched the song quite well unlike some other songs I experienced in GH2.

PurgeandFire

zxcvmkgdfg
Reaction score
I have it for my 360. So far, I'm on Raining Blood, Hard.. Obviously, it is really hard. I'm stuck on it.

My favorite song is Cult of Personality (on Hard) because the three part solo is so long, but not too hard.

>Through the Fire and Flame - Dragonforce is seriously stupid... along with Metallica - One.

I agree, it pisses me off because they are too hard. Metallica is pretty good, but I hate the darkness falls part or whatever it is called.

I just don't like the solos too much because they are random, they don't really flow with the song. Dragonforce is practically a whole solo, its too random, but some parts are alright.

I still play it a bit. My highest score so far was 282,000 on Metallica, on medium. Hax. :D

Here are some of my achievements:
- Tone Deaf -- Bulls on Parade (Expert)
- Whammy Mania -- White Zombie (Hard)
- First Big Score -- Earn 250,000 points on a song -- Metallica (Medium)(282,000)
- Easy Rider -- Beat the easy carreer
- Perfectionist -- Perfect on a song -- Slow Ride (Easy)
- Ready to Rock -- Complete the tutorial

In tone deaf, you need to turn all your in-game audio sounds to 0, then beat a song on expert.

Whammy mania, whammy each long note you see, I think.

Cheats and Achievements

I did several other achievements but I forgot or did them unknowningly.

Hero

─║╣ero─
Reaction score
or did them unknowningly.

I do that all the time...even in halo 3 :rolleyes:

>Through the Fire and Flame - Dragonforce is seriously stupid... along with Metallica - One.

I disagree....I like hard and challenging (if not impossible) stuff...they promote me to do better and become better...until..I eventually beat it :p

So yeah...I'm just loving this and waiting for Rock Band :rolleyes:

Sim

Forum Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Alright let me reformulate guys, you really did not like my statement it seems... ;)

"Through the Fire and Flame - Dragonforce is seriously stupid... along with Metallica - One."

Becomes

"Through the Fire and Flame - Dragonforce and Metallica - One are very hard songs. I can't beat them :cool:"

:p

> I like hard and challenging

I like it. Just a little too much :) I'm obsessed with them.

Hero

─║╣ero─
Reaction score
> I like hard and challenging

I like it. Just a little too much :) I'm obsessed with them.

And that my friends is the beginning of a syndrome called WoW Addict

Except this time...it's called

GH3 Addict :p

Nah..I know what you mean...it makes you keep doing it until you get it right :banghead:

Darkchaoself

What is this i dont even
Reaction score
I cannot beat anything past Welcome to the Jungle on Hard. My friend, Sam, can do expert on Bulls on Parade, Eyes closed, and back facing the T.V., and still get 90% +

That is a serious issue :p

PurgeandFire

zxcvmkgdfg
Reaction score
I cannot beat anything past Welcome to the Jungle on Hard. My friend, Sam, can do expert on Bulls on Parade, Eyes closed, and back facing the T.V., and still get 90% +

That is a serious issue :p

Why should he turn around? :p

He can always just do Performance mode. Just go to options and in the cheat menu:

Red+Yellow chord, Red+Blue chord, Red+Orange chord, Red+Blue chord, Red+Yellow chord, Green+Blue chord, Red+Yellow chord, Red+Blue chord OR:

(RY) (RB) (RO) (RB) (RY) (GB) (RY) (RB)

This will unlock performance mode in the cheat menu. Performance mode takes away everything except for the background, including the notes on the table (Note-chart). You'll have to play this song from memory. Good luck.

Important: Remember to flick the strum bar as you are pressing these fret buttons!

M

MikeTheGuy

I think this game is better than GH2. There are so many awesome songs. Before I Forget, Through The Fire and Flames, to name two.

I'm not that good at Guitar Hero in general, but even I have fun struggling to beat Raining Blood on Easy (Yes, laugh it up). I like to be challenged when it comes to this sort of thing.

PurgeandFire

zxcvmkgdfg
Reaction score
When I was on the easy carreer, I had tons of troubles with Raining blood. All you need to do is practice your combos and then you'll get past it. I barely got past it when I did it. Now it is a piece of cake. :D

Darkchaoself

What is this i dont even
Reaction score
When I was on the easy carreer, I had tons of troubles with Raining blood. All you need to do is practice your combos and then you'll get past it. I barely got past it when I did it. Now it is a piece of cake. :D

Same. Now i can breeze through it on Medium :p

Hero

─║╣ero─
Reaction score

You had trouble on easy O_O

1)ark_Knight

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
I just bought GH3 a few days ago for PS2 and I'm on the 2nd to the last set on Expert. I can't get past 79% on "Before I Forget" :banghead: That damn chord mania crap is just... confusing. I get to it and my mind goes blank, I can get just about all the way through it and I can see the end of it, then I die...

However, I can get 100% on "Closer" - Lacuna Coil (Bonus Track)

btw, what is Raining Blood? Last song?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.