Guitar Hero 4

Wiseman_2

Missy wants blood!
Reaction score
Yeah, not the Aerosmith one that comes out soon. This is the bonafide number 4:
[YOUTUBE]6rvK-uq_qXs[/YOUTUBE]
It's pretty much very similiar to Rock Band in its key instruments, but I expect the Guitar will probably play better - after all, that's the core instrument.

The feature that I most anticipate is the one where you can make your own songs for the game. Or, if you wanted to, take another artist's song and put that in the game. It's happened before with GH2 on PS2, but it sure as hell wasn't legal :) So it looks like they listened to the fans.
Looks slightly complex right now:
Ghwt_custom_song.jpg

If it's cheaper than Rock Band (we've gotta pay the extortionate price of £180 if we want the full kaboosh in the UK - over twice what it's worth in America), I think it will prove to be much more popular too.

I for one can't wait - comes out 28 October if Wiki is to be believed :thup:

Darkchaoself

What is this i dont even
Reaction score
W00T!
I saw this like a week or 2 ago, and i was lie
Omgwtfnowaibbq?!?
Its gonna be bitchin ;)

I'm gonna make some mad pwnage Metallica and Slipknot songs :p

ZeroThirteen

Reaction score
There is but one thing that can describe this:
YES!
So much I wish I could say about how amazing this is going to be.
What is "melody," by the way?
EDIT: Ohh... "melody" guitar?

Jindo

Self
Reaction score
(we've gotta pay the extortionate price of £180 if we want the full kaboosh in the UK - over twice what it's worth in America)

Serious? It could be that you're looking in the wrong places o_O.

It's still not much cheaper where I find them, but you have to get the instrumenets seperate from the game, the instruments being £100, the game being £40-50 ;P.

(I'm aiming to get the game without the instruments soon, followed by the drums a little later)

---

A good GH4 would be nice, Aerosmith only makes it sound kinda like it's gonna have a shorter playlist ;P.

sqrage

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
"£180"

You sure it's not euros?

This seems pretty cool. I'm not really into console games, and my friend already has Rock Band, guess he should waited for this.

Sucks that they don't have heavy metal drums. :thdown:

Wiseman_2

Missy wants blood!
Reaction score
Serious? It could be that you're looking in the wrong places o_O.
That's what HMV in town had it on sale for... haven't checked GAME yet, but they've got a full set-up demo in, so tomorrow me, my brother an some buddies are gonna go rock the place down :D And double-check the price, too.

According to Play.com, it's £130 for the instruments (altogether) excluding game, which is RRP of £50 on its own.
http://www.play.com/Games/Xbox360/4-/5397984/Rock-Band-Band-In-A-Box/Product.html
http://www.play.com/Games/Xbox360/4-/3359267/Rock-Band/Product.html
Of course, Play.com is gonna be cheaper either way :)
I also have a PS3 rather than a 360, so I've gotta wait anyway; which is why I'll just go straight for GH4 instead. I also doubt the price will be much different for the PS3.

Also, apparently you won't be able to edit vocals in the custom song editor. All points considering, it's worth it :)
Also also, I hear tell that there is a *VERY* early gameplay video on Facebook, which shows about 2 seconds of it. And it's not being played, just showing the notes moving. Very barebones, definatly not what it's gonna end up like ;)

XXXconanXXX

Cocktails anyone?
Reaction score
Can't wait. Even though they did kind of rip off Rock Band, it was just the natural evolution of the genre and rock band picked up on it first.

I'll definitely be one of the first in line for this.

Squll2

je'ne sais pas
Reaction score
Can't wait. Even though they did kind of rip off Rock Band, it was just the natural evolution of the genre and rock band picked up on it first.

I'll definitely be one of the first in line for this.

eh, isnt it by the same makers? :p

Reaction score
Have you guys ever heard of Bemani games? They're music rhythm games as well and made the likes of DDR and most other games of that ilk. One of their long running series is Guitar Freaks and Drummania which has been around since about the 90s. I'm not saying these are better than GH/Rock Band, but the session idea has been around for awhile..

Wiseman_2

Missy wants blood!
Reaction score
I think Guitar Freaks was one of the inspiration points for the Guitar Hero series, they said in an interview if I recall correctly.

Also, Guitar Hero makers at present are Neversoft, different from the developers of Rock Band (I think it's Harmonix).

And, Drum Hero was in the works long before Rock Band, they decided to merge the ideas into GH4. Which, there was not a demo for in GAME as I expected, but I can confirm the price was £180 for the full kit :(

P

pokemon2000

Can't wait for Guitar Hero 4!

I can't wait for the game to come out, isn't it supposed to come out this fall?
I heard they're taking the team that was supposed to make Drum Hero and just combinding it with the GH4 team, but IDK.

Reaction score
How much did Rockband cost in USA? 200 dollars?
Well they thought that "Let's put the same price for Europe too".. What is the price here - 200 euros.

It's 110 dollars more.

Ninva

Анна Ахматова
Reaction score
This sounds pretty awesome. I enjoyed the third addition to the Guitar Hero series, but the only few things it missed will be coming in the next game.

DDRtists

ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ ɹǝdns
Reaction score
DO NOT WANT. Thats all I have to say.
Guitar Hero != Rock Band, and if they're going to add Vocals and Drums into the already crappy gameplay, change the freaking name. It's no longer just a Guitar.

Harmonix made Guitar Hero, it gets popular, Activision buys Guitar Hero from Harmonix, Harmonix makes Rock Band, Activision goes "Well shit guys, they f**ked us over", and tries to mimic. Smooth Activision, real smooth...

Jindo

Self
Reaction score
DO NOT WANT. Thats all I have to say.
Guitar Hero != Rock Band, and if they're going to add Vocals and Drums into the already crappy gameplay, change the freaking name. It's no longer just a Guitar.

My thoughts exactly, why the hell are they calling it Guitar Hero if it's got drums? =P

Wiseman_2

Missy wants blood!
Reaction score
Still works for me. Try connecting to the actual video on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6rvK-uq_qXs.

If they get the gameplay sorted out for #4 then I think it will probably be better than Rock Band anyway. As far as I can see Rock Band actually borrows a lot from Guitar Hero, and takes a bit from Singstar as well. Don't go bleating about games being rip-offs of others, because every game borrows elements from somewhere.
Plus, I would expect Guitar Hero 4 to be better than Rock Band, simply because it will have waaaaaaay more songs on the disc (100+) and they will all be masters. No covers. Oh, and it will probably be called Guitar Hero because it will focus more on the Guitar gameplay, rather than the drums. But I could be wrong. They might change the title yet, this is all speculation after all, right?

Having said that, it will go waaaaaaay down in my opinion if it fills the bonus songs list with more crappy emo shit.

Speaking of songs, I hear that a couple of *possible* artists to appear will be Korn and System of a Down. Not exactly what I was hoping for, but hey... who knows?

Plus, the song editor alone will be worth it ;)

DDRtists

ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ ɹǝdns
Reaction score
Wiseman, as I just said in my above post, the people that made Guitar Hero, Harmonix, sold the GH franchise to Activision after GHII. They then moved to make Rock Band. Therefore, they hardly "ripped off" Guitar Hero, as they're the ones that created it ( Harmonix ). If you want to bring that up, Guitar Hero is the SAME THING as Guitar Freaks ( Japanese ), just with a different prospective, and an extra button.

Lets think about this ( We'll Compare Rock Band, GHII, and GHIII ).

Rock Band:
* Three Different things to do, four if you count bass as one.
* New Songs added to the Download Center EVERY WEEK
* The Note charts really fit with the real song

Guitar Hero II
* Added a lot more songs than in GH
* Was a bit more challenging than GH

Guitar Hero III
* The Notes have NOTHING to do with the song, they're just hard.
* Before I Forgets Ending​
* Though the Fire and Flames​
* One​
None of these songs are anywhere close to what the real notes are on a Real Guitar.

Guitar Hero was destroyed after the monster that is Activision acquired it. GHII is 3x better than GHIII. Then again, Activision could release any pile of shit and call it "Guitar Hero", and there would be Millions of punk little kids that would run down to the store in an instant to buy it, just because it's "Guitar Hero". Way to kill a great game, Activision.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.