Minigame Guitar Hero ( Azeroth Tour ) ( WIP )

tooltiperror

Super Moderator
Reaction score
If you've read the title, then you are probably here for information about the upcoming New Map, Guitar Hero ( Azeroth Tour ).

The Game will be like the popular Guitar Hero™ and Rockband™ Games, but with different gameplay, and a fun, and possibly slick, interface.

The basic game play will be emulated with units running up to a region, where you must use the proper hot key to destroy the unit, or rather, play the correct note. Play the right note and your score goes up, but play the wrong note and the score lowers.

Expected Features:
  • Three Dificulty Modes, Easy; Medium; and Hard.
  • A sleek and easy to use interface to customize your Guitar Hero and the game.
  • Four Songs in the first Version

Save/Load is being thought over.

Please give suggestions! This map has been started, but is just a work in progress.

Nherwyziant

Be better than you were yesterday :D
Reaction score
I think this will have a big file size due to the music. Max is 8k file size of wc3 maps, if you failed to have lower than that, your map will be unplayable and you can make it as campaign, so there you will choose songs and will make it playable even it's 50k file size yeah, i totally can't explain.

Anyways, nice, screenshots would be great.

Reaction score
> your map will be unplayable
Only in multiplayer. If this map is made just for single player then there is no problem with the file size. Besides, it's mb, not k.

Nherwyziant

Be better than you were yesterday :D
Reaction score
> your map will be unplayable
Only in multiplayer. If this map is made just for single player then there is no problem with the file size. Besides, it's mb, not k.

Ok, I didn't know, is this game on single player only?

avalya

Reaction score
Gotta say it sounds great, even though I'm not too fond of the song, 'Storm, Earth and Fire' could have a place in there since it doesn't take up any space.

Sevion

The DIY Ninja
Reaction score
Please put songs that ARE NOT already in guitar hero/rock band. Like Sulfur

Why not? Some of those songs are pretty good. Just because it's already in the originals doesn't mean he shouldn't put it in his version. That's like saying that since this game style is already done, don't do this game style >_>

I say it's fine to put in some original songs, but before you choose, have a poll to gather the top 20 songs out of 100 or something.

Hildagarn

Reaction score
But what's the point of putting "already in guitar hero" songs. this game will probably attract guitar hero fans, and why would they play it if they could just go play the same songs on the real guitar hero. (lol it's funny how "real guitar hero" was said to me. Like it's real XD)

avalya

Reaction score
I'd actually play the songs on both WC3 and GH/RB if it is a song I like, and the map is made in a good way, so it's not too hard to play it. You should make it so (if you are hitting spells for the notes) that you can hit two at once, or even three, however you're doing that, I don't know but it seems possible.

And yeah, have a poll, or maybe let people in this thread suggest songs that you later put on a poll and take the top 10 maybe? Also you can include songs already in the game, like 'Storm, Earth and Fire', I guess it's decent, but it would be fun to play something that doesn't exist on GH or RB.

Lyerae

I keep popping up on this site from time to time.
Reaction score
I DEMAND TO HAVE "Me And Zoloft Get Along Fine - Dance Gavin Dance" IN.
Please?

Anyway, sounds cool. Might not work on multiplayer, but still.
Oh hey, if you plan on making this single player only, look into using a custom MPQ. You'll be able to add dozens of songs into the map, and have the actual filesize be small, since the songs are stored in the MPQ.

UndeadDragon

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I DEMAND TO HAVE "Me And Zoloft Get Along Fine - Dance Gavin Dance" IN.
Please?

Anyway, sounds cool. Might not work on multiplayer, but still.
Oh hey, if you plan on making this single player only, look into using a custom MPQ. You'll be able to add dozens of songs into the map, and have the actual filesize be small, since the songs are stored in the MPQ.

The size of the mpq would be bigger, though.

Lyerae

I keep popping up on this site from time to time.
Reaction score
> The size of the mpq would be bigger, though.

It would also mean less loading time.
Last time I checked, War3Patch.mpq was only about 30MB. Add about 50-100MB songs, any models/skins, package it in a compressed .rar. Easy to do, and the possibility of more songs.
Plus then you could set up a PvPGN server which uses this custom patch, and allow people to play online. Get a coder (PvPGN is written in C) and you can set up special ladder and whatnot based om the map.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.