Minigame Guitar Hero: Warcraft 3 Tour

Joker(Div)

Always Here..
Reaction score
You will maybe be able to fit 1 song into the map. Song files are huge and the bnet only allows 4mb. And even if you do, how are you going to match the beats with the song? Are you just gonna make it a random mash?

Ellimistrox

Reaction score
I'm undecided on how to fit multiple songs into the map, i do have an idea that could work, but thats pending. I'm going to match the notes with the song using a hell of a lot of short-long waits and quite alot of testing. The blizzard song Storm Earth and Fire matches up to the notes as i have set it, it just requires patience.

Chewbalka

Reaction score
Awsome i didint think anyone would bother to make something like this. hope its finished soon.

Ellimistrox

Reaction score
It's boring playing alone, but can be quite fun when playing with friends or at a party.

This is the exact reason i need to remove all BJ's, so there are no leaks/laggy triggers. Also i would probably recomend List Checker to reduce delay even more.

rover2341

Is riding a roller coaster...Wee!
Reaction score
Idea, I was considering doing this for a windows, and for warcraft but i couldnt find the sounds.

You could add, a progarm in your game. to play songs from sheet music, or a custom tab.

You would have to do a bit of work, But i would help you in it if you want.
I know of ways so it wont sound like crap, should take 1-3 megs.

If this is too much work just so you can have a few more songs, then thats fine. But if not. i would be gald to help you with it.

If we had too (Most likey not have to) we could use a basic c# program i could write up. so its easy to put in the tab or sheet music. and then it would convert it to a number, that we could input into the game. like a save load, but we could put it in the code so people wouldnt see it.

There are many ways of this.

Let me know if your interested. I would want you to help me with it but i know to do the bulk of it.

Furberg

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Ideas:

Starpower (like in normal GH - i only tried the first so i dont know if its been removed)

Highscore system in-game (Not something that is gonna save, just among players)

Bonus song/hidden songs/events (tell me if you need some more creativity or deeper description)

nemesispoi

Reaction score
what you could do with the files is just host a game made with one song, and if you want to play a different song, you would host that game with that song

Ellimistrox

Reaction score
Idea, I was considering doing this for a windows, and for warcraft but i couldnt find the sounds.

You could add, a progarm in your game. to play songs from sheet music, or a custom tab.

You would have to do a bit of work, But i would help you in it if you want.
I know of ways so it wont sound like crap, should take 1-3 megs.

If this is too much work just so you can have a few more songs, then thats fine. But if not. i would be gald to help you with it.

If we had too (Most likey not have to) we could use a basic c# program i could write up. so its easy to put in the tab or sheet music. and then it would convert it to a number, that we could input into the game. like a save load, but we could put it in the code so people wouldnt see it.

There are many ways of this.

Let me know if your interested. I would want you to help me with it but i know to do the bulk of it.

Thats sounds absoloutely AWESOME! If i fully understood it.. Thanks for all your feedback guys, I'm sorry i havnt posted the beta to test yet, life just got busy and i havnt had time to fix the map, ill probably post later this week.

Burningicce9, what realm and when are you online so we can get a game?

Also thanks for the ideas, i completely forgot about star power. >.> Just... how to do it *ponders*

Chewbalka

Reaction score
When am i suppose to hit the keys?
i cant get over 31%... (storm earth and fire)
and 31% as in 31% of the notes in the beginnin before they stop showing...

it should let you know you failed also becuase at first i thought the game bugged and stopped sending notes. <_<

Ellimistrox

Reaction score
I havn't finished Storm Earth and Fire, but i think i know what that glitch is, I'll fix it now.

The game didn't bug, its just i havnt finished that song, like not done all the notes, im not that great at rhythm so im taking my time with it sorry but i just wanted to get as best as i could get to you ASAP =D

And you gotta hit the abilitys when the note is within the circle, or right on the edge of it.

Chewbalka

Reaction score
I havn't finished Storm Earth and Fire, but i think i know what that glitch is, I'll fix it now.

The game didn't bug, its just i havnt finished that song, like not done all the notes, im not that great at rhythm so im taking my time with it sorry but i just wanted to get as best as i could get to you ASAP =D

And you gotta hit the abilitys when the note is within the circle, or right on the edge of it.

i don think its because its not finished because it happens for both storm earth and fire and also credits song, theres only 20 seconds for both of them for me before they stop showing.
i think the problem why im losing so baddly was because i was only using the left arrow as strum, basicly only hitting some keys because you need to use diffreant arrow keys for dirreant not types.
hard to figure out at first.

Burningicce9

Cool Member
Reaction score
I am on East (but we can test wherever...) and time is flexible. Contact me on aim or msn or email if you want to work something out

Ellimistrox

Reaction score
i don think its because its not finished because it happens for both storm earth and fire and also credits song, theres only 20 seconds for both of them for me before they stop showing.
i think the problem why im losing so baddly was because i was only using the left arrow as strum, basicly only hitting some keys because you need to use diffreant arrow keys for dirreant not types.
hard to figure out at first.

Thanks for the testing and info, I'll look into the problem.

Drakethos

Preordered Sc2 ftw!
Reaction score
Woot, i had the same idea, i guess you beat me to it. i was either going to use sheep or goblin land mines xD Looks nice though. I you going to use wacraft3 music or have like a 5mb size?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.