AoS Gundam: The first day in the WAR

Status
Not open for further replies.

CaptDeath

Reaction score
Web Site is Up YAY!
link
Description
Its a [Deciding on what it will be] were you start off in the top left and You select your hero. [There’s Only One Type of hero like one psychic] your hero decides your skills. So you start off as A Pilot you go around Fight other pilots. Then get to LVL 10 were you gain a ability that you can use on your motorcycle. Then you [enter it] and then you get to LVL 10 again then your motorcycle gets ability. Combine to be used on your Gundam hidden in cloak mode on the map. With the Gundam Now the real Pay back on those Zaku mother F***ers begins the Gundam Can get Range Upgrades Dmg Upgrades and diff weapons [via inventory]

Game Play
Is like 3 stages
1st Pilot Were its hero vs hero vs everyone[creeps]
2nd Bikes yes were you all on motorcycles dueling it out
3rd Gundam{land} were every one is fighting it out in 1000 foot tall robots
4th Gundam{flying} were the gundams fly and fight
now each stage has a unique strategy for winning and not losing :)
Needed​

Modeler first opportunity Here
Terrainer
Creative Designers 1 really creative 3-6 moderately creative
I’m as imaginative as card board
F.A.Q.
Q. Beta testing?
A. At least A month [bleh i say]
Q. Who can Beta Test?
A. I only need One for most Debug then MUI testing begins ill attach the map

Pleases Tell me what you think
Current Progress
Check Progress Charts​
Beta Info update as of 12/18/08 2:10 PST
I decided I would realese Two Heros full paths as in Pilot, Motorcycle, Gundam
pilot skills fully made all custom spells a small town im going for function not look atm with beta
Quest will be made in version 0.0.2
ANY person to post constructive feedback gets +rep and a cookie
Progress Chart
attachment.php
Map progress for beta testing
attachment.php
I am attaching a very early on beta so you can see whats going on in the map its protected of course
whats in the beta
Psychic Hero
I disabled cyclone cause its giving issues so the storm bolt his bike has isnt very good
theres nothing to kill
srry
press esc to level and reset all cds[it leaks and idc cause it wont be in the game]
To Do list
Things on its way
1. Gundam Speed
2 Gundam Cam
3. Gundam Speed Skills
4. Creeps to pwn
5. Town Work

MagnaGuard

Reaction score
In my opinion, I wouldnt play it from the description given. I dont want to take 10 minutes to start fighting against other players, and dont understand the point of it. Sure there is story line, but that is not what will get players to stay until they get to fight against other players. When I join a game, I want to have fun as soon as the game starts. Don't get me wrong, I love the idea of flying and destroying stuff, but dont think it will keep players attention. What I would suggest would be to make it like Combat zone from hiveworkshop template maps. An AoS where you can get in tanks/motorcycles and fly planes around. What would be even more intersting would be that you have to capture command points to be able to use a plane or tank. Also it would be awsome if there were different classes. However this may be too different from the map your making, but just my suggestions.

CaptDeath

Reaction score
well no you can always fight other players just i think the gun dams would be rushed for cause whats better a 6 foot tall human are a 100 storie tall machine of war
i actually if you check the forums i was gonna make diff classes but bob666 jass is so confusing it so beyond me
really i could change that i thought it like an aos were you fight lvl 10 get stringer and stronger but when you lvl 10 again you have to get your gundam before its destroyed

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Please change the colour of the text.
That yellow and green text is burning my eyeballs!

CaptDeath

Reaction score
update*
One Hero type Created Psychic
triggering is beginning
Custom Skills created debugged and balanced
I need a idea for the next hero type should it be?
A Speed
B Demonic
C Dread Naught[Slow and Heavy]
D Shape Shifter[Has aspects like WOW like Monkey Cheetah w/e]

MurderMode

Giving new meaning to co-op... slowly
Reaction score
If your making a gundam map shouldn't the heroes be related to gundam?

Also.... having people advance to mechs won't make for good gameplay.... imagine that someone reaches the level required for mech first... there's no way a pilot would ever be able to kill a mech, so the mech player is just going to run wild killing everyone.

Making your map description one long sentence makes it hard to read and is very unprofessional, so that really doesn't give much hope for your game... who will want to join up and help you when you can't even write a decent description? I'll tell you right now that you won't get a modeler for this either, the limited amount of warcraft 3 modelers generally only make what they want to make.

If you're going to make a map and you can't model, your best bet is to make a map that doesn't require custom models.... otherwise you will give up before it's complete.

CaptDeath

Reaction score
ill model if i have to it wouldnt be hard it just very time consumming and well for the run on sorry about that ill work on that
plus ill see what i can do to prevent a thousand foot robot from squishing pilots

Azlier

Old World Ghost
Reaction score
You start as a Pilot and just grind exp to level 10?

Congratulations on remaking World of Warcraft, though on a smaller scale!

Seriously, though. Power to the newbs, I say. Give them something to do besides grind exp in a mindless manner.

Oh, and I highly reccomend running the first post through Microsoft Word.

wraithseeker

Tired.
Reaction score
Code:
You start as a Pilot and just grind exp to level 10? 

Congratulations on remaking World of Warcraft, though on a smaller scale!

You don't ever ever grind on WOW, you do instance party and do quests, grinding is stupid, only morons do that normally which is so boring that I can fall asleep pressing the buttons.

Azlier

Old World Ghost
Reaction score
MurderMode said:
It's purely a grind fest. I got the game very close to it's release, merely because of the fact that Blizzard hadn't let me down before. I'd never even played an MMO in my life, yet it only took me the first 6 levels to realize quests are pointless. From there I just spent all my play time grinding xp. I didn't need guides to figure that shit out, I'd just kill something, compare how is it was to kill to other things I'd stabbed and then compared how much I could sell it's junk for...

Quotes for the win.

CaptDeath

Reaction score
of course there would be quest getting raided by the enemie army yes there is enemy waves first wave is a gundam and the pilots have to rush to town and man a turret and fight the gundam off before he kills em all cause he hunts them by a randomly generated interger and wont stop until that pilot dies[sucks for him huh?]
but you get rezzed 20 secs after death for half gold

Azlier

Old World Ghost
Reaction score
How are you supposed to accomplish all of this if the other pilots are enemies?

iPeez

Hot food far all world wide!
Reaction score
Sounds very fun! I cant beta test, but I will love to play the game when it comes out!

CaptDeath

Reaction score
OK WELL THAT [srry for cap] will be a while since i havent got much feed back FEED ME FEED BACK!
and you can get a Cookie[+rep]

CaptDeath

Reaction score
*update*
Im gooing to hurry up on th [Speed] Gundam[hero tiers]
But give me some ideas people seriously
Ok im going to need two beta testers one who can host so you to can try everything make sure its all working as mpi and no no two heros alike im gunna fix that in realese V0.0.2

wraithseeker

Tired.
Reaction score
I don't think this will get far, since you probaby won't get a gundam model, it will be really hard to model it and to make it fly around and land.

CaptDeath

Reaction score
thats true but hey w/e if i gotta do it i will it will take time and wont be out till next year with absolutly no help

Status
Not open for further replies.
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.