Guys, I have a proposal...

Kyuft

TH has lost a lot of popularity recently, especially the SC2 EH section. I think that the best way to re-populate TH is to crank out some REALLY good custom maps with the SC2 TH logo in the maps (billboard doodads and such) along with a mention in the credits. I feel like this website can become as popular as SC2Mapster, or at least close to that if we play this up right. Work together, make projects together. I want to make a movement. We NEED more popular maps, so ramp up your skills, and crank out some killer custom games.

-Kyuft:cool:

Dave312

Censored for your safe viewing
I do like the idea of having Billboards and other doodads advertising the site. I have some free time today so I will see if I can make some. If I upload the objects as a Mod, people can just add the Mod as a dependency to use the objects in the map, meaning it won't take up precious space in their map file.

Just a quick question though, does anyone know if advertising within a SC2 is against the ToS?
I am also assuming The Helper won't mind me stealing his logo?

Kyuft

I doubt he will mind. I will take the crazy amount of time to look at the ToS, but I assume that it is not against it, considering SC2Mapster has their own doodads.I was thinking use the attached logo (if that isn't the same as The Helper's)

Varine

And as the moon rises, we shall prepare for war
Then why are you posting in a subforum dedicated to people making maps for SCII?o_O
I don't know, it showed up in my feed for some reason.

And I'd imagine it is, though it's probably primarily limited to profitable gain. They allow you donations, which typically redirect to a site, so obviously it's to some extent allowed.

Dave312

The end game is to try and attract a few more visitors to this site that are interested in SC2. The Sc2 forums on this site are a little dead and could use a few more people who actively contribute.

Kyuft, unfortunately I am going to have to crop a fair amount of that image. Most of the billboards use images that have a 2:1 aspect ratio whereas that image has an aspect ratio 5.7:1. Currently I have been just using the standard logo (the one on the top left corner of the page).

Kyuft

I think we should make some with the image in the top left along with the image I posted, but cropped. Make 2 copies of every doodad, one with each image, if you could do so.

Dave312

Ok so here's the current progress of this:
Screenshot2013-05-29 21_40_38.jpg

I'm still yet to turn this into a Mod and upload it. Does anyone have any suggestion and recommendations for other doodads to advertise on?

Kyuft

I think that we should have at least 2 doodads that would match each type of terrain tileset (space station, forest, urban, etc.) Especially since my next map will be using a space station tile set and I do not want billboards all over the place :p

X-maul

AKA: Demtrod
I will most likely not be using any doodads in my maps - but instead put a TheHelper.net logo in my loading screen :)

Kyuft

That is also one of the very helpful advertising tactics. I plan on mentioning it in the loading screen AND using doodads, if they fit with the style of my map.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Test!
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    I must be in a test server.
    Nice, Twitter tweets embedding now works
  • Wizard Wizard:
    Yup.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Excellent.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    @tom_mai78101 Hello there.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Tagging works in the chat too.
    @Ghan Missed it.
  • Wizard Wizard:
    Still fixing things here and there. Added widgets to the portal, will make it match the ones here on the forum index tomorrow.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    The venerable World Editor Tutorials site has been converted to HTTPS at last.
  • jonas jonas:
    cool
  • jonas jonas:
    and I can even edit my messages, nice
  • seph ir oth seph ir oth:
    GENERAL CHIT CHAT, YOU ARE A BOLD ONE
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Hello there
  • The Helper The Helper:
    this new chatbox is great and the forum software update is great too
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    upgrade has fixed forum registration spam problem
    Something tells me we might be able to customize the chatbox a bit, considering that there's a gap under every message.
  • Wizard Wizard:
    Going to deploy a fix soon, just had to take some time for myself this weekend.
  • Varine Varine:
    Unbelievable. Time for yourself? How dare you!
  • Wizard Wizard:
    xD
    Hm, it is now harder to type anything on an Android phone. Pressing Backspace or Enter keys will dismiss the Android keyboard for some reasons.
    Just noticed there's a delay of at least 2 minutes before each post. Guess I can't post Headline News quickly as I used to.
    As far as I can tell, there are definitely things I need to get accustomed to first.
  • Varine Varine:
    FCC is cracking down recently

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop