Guys, I have a proposal...

Kyuft

Reaction score
TH has lost a lot of popularity recently, especially the SC2 EH section. I think that the best way to re-populate TH is to crank out some REALLY good custom maps with the SC2 TH logo in the maps (billboard doodads and such) along with a mention in the credits. I feel like this website can become as popular as SC2Mapster, or at least close to that if we play this up right. Work together, make projects together. I want to make a movement. We NEED more popular maps, so ramp up your skills, and crank out some killer custom games.

-Kyuft:cool:

Varine

And as the moon rises, we shall prepare for war
Reaction score
I have no desire to make maps for SCII.

X-maul

AKA: Demtrod
Reaction score
Then why are you posting in a subforum dedicated to people making maps for SCII?o_O

Dave312

Censored for your safe viewing
Reaction score
I do like the idea of having Billboards and other doodads advertising the site. I have some free time today so I will see if I can make some. If I upload the objects as a Mod, people can just add the Mod as a dependency to use the objects in the map, meaning it won't take up precious space in their map file.

Just a quick question though, does anyone know if advertising within a SC2 is against the ToS?
I am also assuming The Helper won't mind me stealing his logo?

Kyuft

Reaction score
I doubt he will mind. I will take the crazy amount of time to look at the ToS, but I assume that it is not against it, considering SC2Mapster has their own doodads.I was thinking use the attached logo (if that isn't the same as The Helper's)

bJoSsmm.jpg

Varine

Reaction score
Then why are you posting in a subforum dedicated to people making maps for SCII?o_O

I don't know, it showed up in my feed for some reason.

And I'd imagine it is, though it's probably primarily limited to profitable gain. They allow you donations, which typically redirect to a site, so obviously it's to some extent allowed.

Dave312

Reaction score
The end game is to try and attract a few more visitors to this site that are interested in SC2. The Sc2 forums on this site are a little dead and could use a few more people who actively contribute.

Kyuft, unfortunately I am going to have to crop a fair amount of that image. Most of the billboards use images that have a 2:1 aspect ratio whereas that image has an aspect ratio 5.7:1. Currently I have been just using the standard logo (the one on the top left corner of the page).

Varine

Reaction score
Probably because there are better sites for that.

Kyuft

Reaction score
I think we should make some with the image in the top left along with the image I posted, but cropped. Make 2 copies of every doodad, one with each image, if you could do so.

Dave312

Reaction score
Ok so here's the current progress of this:
Screenshot2013-05-29 21_40_38.jpg

I'm still yet to turn this into a Mod and upload it. Does anyone have any suggestion and recommendations for other doodads to advertise on?

Kyuft

Reaction score
I think that we should have at least 2 doodads that would match each type of terrain tileset (space station, forest, urban, etc.) Especially since my next map will be using a space station tile set and I do not want billboards all over the place :p

X-maul

AKA: Demtrod
Reaction score
I will most likely not be using any doodads in my maps - but instead put a TheHelper.net logo in my loading screen :)

Kyuft

Reaction score
That is also one of the very helpful advertising tactics. I plan on mentioning it in the loading screen AND using doodads, if they fit with the style of my map.

Vicboy

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
It won't. Come on, think about it... This website functions for mappers, not players.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.