Gym/Bodybuilding

Nigerianrulz

suga suga how'd you get so fly?
Reaction score
So yeah, i assume there should be at least a few of us here that goes to gym or wants to

I was thinking we could just have some general discussion here and make new threads for other topics for gym like routines and stuff

But first let us introduce ourselves in terms of gym

How long have you been going to gym/How often:
What are your goals:
Funny stories and what annoys you in gym:

For me ive just started for about a month and half
goal is obviously to get ripped or die trying but mostly for self improvement
Did i mention those dicks that dont return the weights/dumb bell after they use them, i saw this guy had about 5 pairs of dumb bell on his bench the other day and another doing dead lifts and went away for about 10 minutes leaving it there...

Varine

And as the moon rises, we shall prepare for war
Reaction score
I hate it when girls stare at my ass all day. Why can't they go to Curves?

Jaujarahje

I have now changed this in the User CP
Reaction score
Every other day I run, depending on how tired I am that day will determine how far I run. Basically just go until I'm tired and know I've pushed myself. I go at a 8-9 minute mile pace (4-5 Minute Kilometer).
After a run I just do 4 sets of 15 pushups
4 sets of 20 sit ups
4 sets of 5 pull ups
4 sets of weighted squats
As I find it getting easier and easier I increase the amount I do.
The off days I don't do this I either do nothing, or do half the workout just because I'm bored.
I like this workout because I don't need a bunch of shit to do it, it has its challenge. And It is only like 30 minutes long so I don't get bored and stop halfway through

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
Make sure you drink a good Protein powder if you are working out. Isopure is the best!

If you are working out hard get some Creatin. Also Flax Seed oil is good to mix in with your Protein Shakes.

Nigerianrulz

Reaction score
Make sure you drink a good Protein powder if you are working out. Isopure is the best!

If you are working out hard get some Creatin. Also Flax Seed oil is good to mix in with your Protein Shakes.

as long as you have enough protein in your daily meals its okay to go without but them protein shakes are some good stuff

Every other day I run, depending on how tired I am that day will determine how far I run. Basically just go until I'm tired and know I've pushed myself. I go at a 8-9 minute mile pace (4-5 Minute Kilometer).
After a run I just do 4 sets of 15 pushups
4 sets of 20 sit ups
4 sets of 5 pull ups
4 sets of weighted squats
As I find it getting easier and easier I increase the amount I do.
The off days I don't do this I either do nothing, or do half the workout just because I'm bored.
I like this workout because I don't need a bunch of shit to do it, it has its challenge. And It is only like 30 minutes long so I don't get bored and stop halfway through

if you're worried about time with the amount of sets you do here you can do the same amount with weights o.o but that depends on what you want to do with your body.

Jaujarahje

I have now changed this in the User CP
Reaction score
I just lose interest and get bored if I workout for a while since I workout alone and not with a friend. So I try to get the most out of it in a somewhat short amount of time

sqrage

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
I work out with weights 3 - 5 days a week.

Protein shakes are good though I don't drink them, just eat a lot of chicken and brocoli.

Not a fan of creatine, personally.

Zakyath

Reaction score
all you really need is food and work out. I've found that those who plan their work outs and their meals in absurdum really don't get around to lifting weights and eating enough. it's not rocket science. don't overthink it, just do it.

Nigerianrulz

Reaction score
I dont understand why guys quit gym after a while, most people that quit are those like i guess 1 - 3 months in? I'm not sure but i can't imagine people going for a year and then quitting. Who doesn't want to gain an aesthetic body thats pleasing on your eyes and hers, if you know what i mean ;)

tom_mai78101

The Helper Connoisseur / Ex-MineCraft Host
Staff member
Reaction score
I dont understand why guys quit gym after a while, most people that quit are those like i guess 1 - 3 months in? I'm not sure but i can't imagine people going for a year and then quitting. Who doesn't want to gain an aesthetic body thats pleasing on your eyes and hers, if you know what i mean ;)

notch said:
I tried going to the gym a year ago. Got stronger, but hated every second of it. Fortunately, I love walks. Might try running in the future.

Source.

divid20

Reaction score
I also join a gym but not get enough from it because i am not regular and due to this habit i can,t get any thing.

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
My gym is small and far away, so if I wake up too late on a day I'd want to go, I don't because it'll simply be too packed when it's no longer morning.
However, I do like to keep up my appearance and do 100 pushups and a few simple dumbbell exercises when I stay home. :)

tom_mai78101

Staff member
Reaction score
When you raise both of your arms up, and held them towards the ceiling, can you see your ribcages on the sides of your chest?

I don't know how I should improve my muscles so that I can be able to hide the ribcages and make others know I'm not as skinny as I think I'm about to become.

Siretu

Starcraft 2 Editor Moderator
Reaction score
I've had some periods of going to the gym, but it never became a habit. I have a hard time finding motivation since I'm already pretty confident in myself. My body looks decent even if I don't work out(Tall + broad shoulders = good start). I want to find the time to start going regularly again though, until then I do some work outs at home when I have time.

Nigerianrulz

Reaction score
When you raise both of your arms up, and held them towards the ceiling, can you see your ribcages on the sides of your chest?

I don't know how I should improve my muscles so that I can be able to hide the ribcages and make others know I'm not as skinny as I think I'm about to become.

i still can see my ribcages even if i don't raise my hands but its natural if you have a lower body percentage fat. Can you see the bottom of your abs? or the top?
Building your lats and chest and maybe even a bit of core and side abs will eventually 'hide' them but really seeing your rib cages doesnt mean your skinny.

tom_mai78101

Staff member
Reaction score
i still can see my ribcages even if i don't raise my hands but its natural if you have a lower body percentage fat. Can you see the bottom of your abs? or the top?
Building your lats and chest and maybe even a bit of core and side abs will eventually 'hide' them but really seeing your rib cages doesnt mean your skinny.

I can see both of the bottom and the top of my abs, does that count as skinny?

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
I weight only about 70kg with a size of 175cm, does that count as skinny?

Nigerianrulz

Reaction score
I can see both of the bottom and the top of my abs, does that count as skinny?

I don't go by skinny or fat, i go by body fat %. So if you can see top and bottom abs pretty clearly its most likely your on about 8 - 12% body fat which is the "ripped" physique. At that % you would not want to cut or lean down any further otherwise you will start to lose muscles. So if you put on some muscles you would ripped as fk as i would like to call it :)

I weight only about 70kg with a size of 175cm, does that count as skinny?

do you work out?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    The bots will show up as users online in the forum software but they do not show up in my stats tracking. I am sure there are bots in the stats but the way alot of the bots treat the site do not show up on the stats
  • Varine Varine:
    I want to build a filtration system for my 3d printer, and that shit is so much more complicated than I thought it would be
  • Varine Varine:
    Apparently ABS emits styrene particulates which can be like .2 micrometers, which idk if the VOC detectors I have can even catch that
  • Varine Varine:
    Anyway I need to get some of those sensors and two air pressure sensors installed before an after the filters, which I need to figure out how to calculate the necessary pressure for and I have yet to find anything that tells me how to actually do that, just the cfm ratings
  • Varine Varine:
    And then I have to set up an arduino board to read those sensors, which I also don't know very much about but I have a whole bunch of crash course things for that
  • Varine Varine:
    These sensors are also a lot more than I thought they would be. Like 5 to 10 each, idk why but I assumed they would be like 2 dollars
  • Varine Varine:
    Another issue I'm learning is that a lot of the air quality sensors don't work at very high ambient temperatures. I'm planning on heating this enclosure to like 60C or so, and that's the upper limit of their functionality
  • Varine Varine:
    Although I don't know if I need to actually actively heat it or just let the plate and hotend bring the ambient temp to whatever it will, but even then I need to figure out an exfiltration for hot air. I think I kind of know what to do but it's still fucking confusing
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Maybe you could find some of that information from AC tech - like how they detect freon and such
  • Varine Varine:
    That's mostly what I've been looking at
  • Varine Varine:
    I don't think I'm dealing with quite the same pressures though, at the very least its a significantly smaller system. For the time being I'm just going to put together a quick scrubby box though and hope it works good enough to not make my house toxic
  • Varine Varine:
    I mean I don't use this enough to pose any significant danger I don't think, but I would still rather not be throwing styrene all over the air
  • The Helper The Helper:
    New dessert added to recipes Southern Pecan Praline Cake https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-southern-pecan-praline-cake.193555/
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Another bot invasion 493 members online most of them bots that do not show up on stats
  • Varine Varine:
    I'm looking at a solid 378 guests, but 3 members. Of which two are me and VSNES. The third is unlisted, which makes me think its a ghost.
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Some members choose invisibility mode
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I bitch about Xenforo sometimes but it really is full featured you just have to really know what you are doing to get the most out of it.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    It is just not easy to fix styles and customize but it definitely can be done
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I do know this - xenforo dropped the ball by not keeping the vbulletin reputation comments as a feature. The loss of the Reputation comments data when we switched to Xenforo really was the death knell for the site when it came to all the users that left. I know I missed it so much and I got way less interested in the site when that feature was gone and I run the site.
  • Blackveiled Blackveiled:
    People love rep, lol
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    The recipe today is Sloppy Joe Casserole - one of my faves LOL https://www.thehelper.net/threads/sloppy-joe-casserole-with-manwich.193585/
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Decided to put up a healthier type recipe to mix it up - Honey Garlic Shrimp Stir-Fry https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-honey-garlic-shrimp-stir-fry.193595/
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Here is another comfort food favorite - Million Dollar Casserole - https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-million-dollar-casserole.193614/

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.